Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

@RubyNoel , that’s great!  Understandable that you can’t be as happy as you want to be because others didn’t make it through the cut.  Happy for you, though.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy March 1st, we made it to March, Hooray!

I am heading to my dads to clean his house, that will be my exercise today.  Snow this afternoon so I want to get back home before that starts.

Ruby that's great news about hubby, it is sad for those that were laid off though, very stressful times for the families.

I ordered the box and pole for my reformer, excited to bring it to another level.

Coffee time!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@RubyNoel , I'm so happy to see your hubby survived the layoff, but I do feel compassion for his friends who didn't.  We call it "survivor syndrome".  I've been laid off at a lot of companies and have survived layoffs and the mood is not good after one happens.

Yesterday was a not zumba class, LOL.  One other person showed up, so I put the music on and we danced.  The instructor that is taking over that slot has already requested a sub for the last week of the month.  I hope her class does well, I will attend the first one next week, but if her music is bad, I won't go back.

Today is personal training, just a half hour.

I've got a bunch of errands to run tomorrow morning--I'm in a race against the snow.  I really hope their forecast of 4-8 inches is wrong.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  I hope everybody got through the weekend in good health.

I had a great laugh the other night.  I heard my cell phone go off as I was getting into bed.  I got up to check and saw I had a text message from my son who just had Achilles’ tendon surgery.  I clicked on it and saw something like this:  “NB oioopuhhhh24147(866”.  What the heck??  Then I realized what had happened.  My one year old grand daughter had been playing with my son’s cell phone and accidentally sent grandma a text!!  So I had a good laugh before going to bed.

@bopper, I hope your father was well when you went to clean up for him.  You’re a good daughter.

It’s really cold this morning with a wind chill in the minus teens but I plan to venture out anyway.  This morning, I’ll be trying to do my Senior Cardio class and then. Strength & Motion (combination weights and cardio).  Yesterday, my right knee was swollen and hard to bend but I’m hoping that with modifying my movements I’ll be ok.  It’s better this morning.  Sometimes old Arthur makes unexpected and unexplained visits, lol. 

Have a great day everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Monday Morning, never skip a Monday morning workout, or you can do it in the evening of course but don't skip Monday.  Its sets the tone for the week.

Yesterday I did Reformer, rebounding and strength and toning, today will be TG workout.  We're clear outside but minus 10!  Most of the week single digits and below at night,,,hope we turn a corner soon.

Yesterday we took dad to dinner with some of my sisters and their husbands, he enjoyed it a lot and we had a nice time.  We had pizza and I even had a beer!  Yuppers I did!

@Mmsfoxxie  thank you , yes dad was good Praise God.   Hope that knee is better, as I'm typing my fingers are picky, something must be pinched, the normal for me and it goes away as I limber up.  

Is anyone getting the TSV Josie self tanner and scrub?  I wish I could split it up, I want the scrub but tanners make me speckled.

Did anyone watch American Idol last night, had some good singers.  One touched my heart, both his brothers, 1 older and 1 younger committed suicide.  He blamed himself for his little brother because he was out of town and he said his brother needed him...it was tearful

Waving to everyone, have some coffee!!!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  Wow--it's bitter here in Colorado.  Yesterday was the coldest March day in a decade.  This morning started out at 3 below and I think it's onlly 7 right now.  We had about 5 inches of snow and it was the dry winter stuff, so we're no closer to warm weather than we were.

My exercise this weekend was shoveling snow.  Actually, my neighbor did the brunt of it, I just cleaned up the 'flurries' when I put the trash out last night, there was about a half inch.  I knew he would pay me back for the couple of times I shoveled for him.

I've got 5 days before we head to Florida and after freezing all weekend, you cannot imagine how forward I'm looking to it.

Well, I've got a bunch of typing to do today and I need some more coffee, so see y'all later--I hope you have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  I did 30 minutes of Leslie Sansone this morning.  Expecting more rain here in the City by the Bay but at least right now, my lunch hour, its dry.  Cloudy, gray and looking like rain but not yet.

Going to be a really busy week at work.  Going to take a few minutes to eat some lunch and maybe go out for a bit of fresh air if I have time.

Take care all!

Honored Contributor

Hi, everybody.  Windy, close to zero temps yesterday but overall, ok.  I definitely zipped up, put the gloves and hood on before I got out of my 🚘.  Minus 16 wind chill but no snow, yea!

@DrKelli, maybe when you comeback from Florida, the snow will be a distant memory until next winter.  What happened with the hearing aid?  Or did I miss the post which I’m known to do, lol.

My Senior Cardio class was more crowded than usual yesterday which I’m not crazy about.  This instructor is the most popular at the center.  Not only is he good but he’s funny.  I have him for the class after that as well but it’s a nice and intimate group of about ten.

This morning, I’ll be doing Body & Sculpt and then Flexibility.  If I’m feeling it, I’ll do Zumba as my third class which is taught by my instructor.  He’s funny as well.

Have a great day and safe day all.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@Mmsfoxxie , my hearing aid just needed cleaning!  The audiologist was kind of snotty about it and said "This should have been done at your 6 month check" and I told her, well, I never got a card telling me it was time to come in or I would have been here at 6 months.  So then I went home and wrote it on the calendar so I know when I need to go again.  But something kind of funny happened--I decided to run an errand at Ulta and was pulling into a parking spot in front of the store, I saw another car coming down the next aisle over and I just knew they were going to try to pull through the spot I was headed to (so they would just have to drive out, not back out).  I was about 1/3rd of the way into the spot when she tried to pull through.  I just sat there, no expression.  It must have been a good minute before she decided to back up.  I had ALL the time in the world!  LOL!

Today is small group training.  I need to make sure I go every day this week since I will be eating and drinking more than normal for the next 12 days!

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!  Did a 30 minute Sansone workout this morning.

@DrKelli  I had to laugh at your parking spot story.  I would have done the same thing.

Gotta run.  This week is soooo busy at work.