Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JUNE EXERCISE THREAD

@violet runner - I do order from the Q but not as much as I used to because I don't want the cost of sending things back.  Recently ordered the Scott Brothers sheets TSV.  Have another set already so was fairly confident I would like these.  Ordered the last D&C tshirts and they arrived today.  Very nice quality.  However, I did order the Jockey bra TSV a couple weeks ago and couldn't return them fast enough.  Have other Jockey underwear and thought I'd be ok but nope had to return them.   So yes, do order but not as much as in the past.  Kind of a long winded answer to your question!  Sorry!  LOL

Honored Contributor

Completed Week 3 of my Aaptiv strength training. One more week to go.

Today I am mowing the yard and cutting down the bushes so it will be a heavy cardio day. I am almost to my 150 minutes for the week so I'll blow past that today. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Good Saturday morning.. I am going the farmer's market  when they open today. I am out of greens and will wander around to see what else is  offered. It's pricey sometimes, but I like supporting local farms.. I am hopeful a couple of places will have their farmtands open and I can bypass the market and deal directly with them.

Yesterday I walked.. and walked..  to a shoe store here- bought a new pr. of Hoka's i had my eye one.  Did I need a new pr. Probably not, but i had some $$ left from an August bday  2021.. Shoes are my weakness..   i need an intervention! I got in 6 miles plus another 2 at the rec center earlier. Good for my legs!

Looks like a nice day here. Also plan to bike later on. Sure, I have chores to do too.

I tend not to  venture out much on weekends-   too crowded . If possible I may take a short hike tomorrow. Otherwise, Tues seem like my new hiking day.

Bye for now!

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday!   Today I did a mix of everything.  I used my Gazelle outside, the rebounder inside, and Pilates reformer.  

We went and got some flowers.  A lady said " I need a loan in order ot pay for these" She isn't kidding!  So pricey.

It's cool about 63 here but don't mind it. No AC needed so save on electricity.

@violet runner  I love my Hoka shoes.  I have 4 pairs.  I guess I have a weakness for workout shoes also.  I need the cushioning those provide me. Do you run into bugs hiking or are they mostly in lower elevations?

Guess I'll go pull some weeds in the cracks of my sidewalk.  How do they even grow in sidewalk cracks?

Have a great rest of the day!

Trusted Contributor

@bopper- more and more we have things in common... I plan on wwearing my new Hoka's tomorrow. This time I got the Bondi 7.. as you say, cushion, cushion.. and cushion.

We don't really get bugs out here.. Even at the lower elevations. Its rare to have mosquitos..  I suppose around stagnant water more likley. The mts do offer ticks- I  check when I come back- but nothing like the east seems to be reporting.  We do have rattlesnakes which  we have to be alert too. I have only come across a few  and have given it lots of space. There are certain spots I just hike in the summer because of them.

Little bugs and no humidity have made CO pretty desirable... but there is dryness and intense heat etc..  it's give and take whereever we live, eh? 

I am going to hike on Tues.. A different trail than planned - they are doing maintence on  the one I was hoping to  go to. Lots to chose from but have to  decide how far I want to drive now that gas is  hitting record high prices. Doesn't seem to be an end in sight.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Honored Contributor

Did Aaptiv strengthtraining week 4 day 1. Three more classes to go this week to complete the training.

Also did morning yoga. Off to work and hopefully a better day. Enjoy your Monday. 

Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

I have a very busy week--a new employee is starting today and then the big competition next weekend.  I'm flying a budget airline and am very nervous about it.

I'm hoping to do the streamed LaBlast class today for my workout.  I had doggy guests this weekend and spent most of my time trying to keep all 4 dogs from fighting.  They did eventually settle down.

I saw some of you commenting on Zuda--I bought the TSV shorts and sent them back.  They were so thin you could see right through them. I bought a couple of skorts and don't really like them because they are way too short for my liking.  I didn't return them in time, so am kind of stuck with them.

We're expecting nice weather here--but getting super hot by the weekend.  I was going to turn my AC on yesterday, but have to keep the sliding door open for my guests because they don't understand a dog door.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday!

Today was a Mish Mash of several workouts.  I did Pilates mat work, Pilates chair, Bicep endurance 10 minute workout with Julie Jones Fitness, and bike.  It's raining so no walking outside today.

My workouts were stacked on top of one another to give me an hour workout.

We're 15 degrees below our normal high of 70.

Not much new here, which can be a good thing!

Adios!

Honored Contributor

Root to Rise Yoga this morning. Have a great Tuesday. 

Trusted Contributor

I am sipping my Good Viking  protein powder smoothie. I didn't buy it here at the Q - got it from  Amazon- someone at my rec center recommended it - I like it. I have the strawberry and think I'll order the vanilla. Not adding much to it- a little blueberries and I use either almond milk or oatmilk. I am trying to have it for Bfast  these days.  Nutrition is a topic I like to discuss which goes with exercise.. I am  no authority by any means.  With the price of groceries these days-  it's been cost effective as well..  

I hiked yesterday.. not a high elevation.. more around several ponds..  I have been tracking my steps and lately I have been getting 12-13,000 daily. I set a goal for 10,000 -  Not sure what it means other than telling me I am moving. I don't set any speed records, but seem to have a steady pace.

I haven't decided on adding a  weekly yoga class.. its would be a drive to get to the one I want to attend- and now with gas prices it may be a " luxury" I forego. There is enough Utubes and zoom classes , but I am not consistent in doing either.. My own fault- know thyself , right?

Have a good Wed..