Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JUNE EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, everyone.  Beautiful day on the horizon.

@bopper, you’ve been a busy lady!  Bet the paint job looks beautiful.

Pound!  I’ve been doing it and didn’t know it.  All of my classes at my fitness center have names but within the classes, there is lots of variety.  We do Pound in my Tuesday Body & Sculpt class, just not every Tuesday.  Using the green sticks.  Love it.  Never on the floor, though since most seniors have problems getting up and down fast enough, lol.

Senior Cardio this morning.  Enjoy your day, peeps.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@bopper   You use drumsticks.  You can just buy real ones but they will break on you like they do on her in the video I watched.  I think they are fairly cheap though. 

They do make real ones for the classes that I have which are heavy duty plastic and more durable.  I think the gym instructor said they are about $25 a pair but worth it if you are really going to be rough with it and stick with it.

At home, I have to watch that I don't hit my new floor to hard.  One of the perils of being outside a gym.  LOL

If you don't have drumsticks, you can still do the moves.  Just clap your hands instead of the sticks would probably work just as well.  

Honored Contributor

And here is my cheapo miser side coming out.  For Pound, you really only need two long anythings so two fly swatters, paper towel rolls, etc would probably get the job done too.

If you have the real thing and some aggression to get out, spend the money and put a mat on the floor and really pound it out.   I have the green plastic ones @Mmsfoxxie  was talking about.

I totally forgot to post my exercise or lack there of.  I did some jogs around the house before work today.  YouTube is my best friend right now and I had the 80s rocking for about a half hour while I did some walking/jogs around the place. 

I am getting house guests today through Tuesday so I think today I will only have time to do my yoga tonight.  I really want to go hiking but after 2 weeks of no rain, we are supposed to be deluged for the next several days.  We need it but I miss my woods. 

I did sneak in some 12 minute wind down yoga last night too.  My shoulders are speaking to me today after yesterday's Power class.  My home equipment is a bit heavier than the gym stuff so I'll need to work that out.  But, at least I know I was honest and worked hard.  Smiley Very Happy

Have a great Friday everyone!!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  It's already warm in Denver.  I had to turn the a/c on driving into work.  And I missed the opportunity of the year! Today is National Donut Day and I forgot to wear my wild shorts with the donuts on them!!  I have my flamingo shorts on instead.  But it's still half day Friday and I'm trying to decide if I want to go take a nap or go to the pool.  I'm seeing Secret Life of Pets at 4:20.

I think I'm going to try the LaBlast class tomorrow morning. It's a bit of a drive, but I really miss dance fitness at my gym and who knows?  Maybe it will turn into an opportunity for me to sub once in awhile.  I'm not going to the LaBlast convention this year. I decided it was pretty expensive and I have to cover the costs. Plus, it's an additional 4 days vacation (which I don't mind, but I'd rather use them for other things).

Hope you all have a great day!

Esteemed Contributor

After getting in my 30 minutes on the recumben, I've been trying to follow the FitBit suggestion of 250 steps each hour in order to be active throughout the day. I don't get a high from exercise so I have to talk myself into it but the 250 steps an hour is easy, so I'm aiming for 3/4 of the 14 hours to reflect the 250 steps each,

This is my record through yesterday, and I expect to go over 10,000 steps today.

steps.png

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat That is awesome! You go!
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  you're doing great!

@Laura14  checked out Pound on YouTube and just watching a few minutes of it I could tell it looks like I would really enjoy it.  Think its the pounding of the sticks on the floor - LOL.  Going to try it this weekend.  I saw that Amazon had a couple DVDs with the sticks for around $20 - looks like a starter kit, so to speak - so if I like the Pound on YouTube I may get that one from Amazon only because I think I'd do better if I had it up on my tv rather than on my computer screen. 

Hope everyone is having a good Friday.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Yay! Thanks for the tip about Amazon. I will check that out.
Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading all posts but I’ll probably have outdated responses. Everyone seems to be doing well with workouts. 

JudyL- I am glad that you seem to have recovered from your eye surgery.

bopper- I’m so glad you have been busy cos then that means you are not watching me!

drkelli- I hope your alopeciai is resolving.

mmsfoxxie— it is nice that you volunteer.

MicKD- all seems good!

Laura14- and all seems good with you, too! Life seems to smiling on you!

Nomless- I saw you had posted. I truly hope you are doing well.

We have had smart TVs for awhile but could never appreciate them. Now since our little town finally has cable- there’s a new world that I have to discover and learn.

I will look into exercise videos.

It has finally stopped with the rainy days here in Massachusetts! The weather has been great.

Honored Contributor

@tony14smoke Happy to see you!! Hope the hospital is treating you well. Smiley Happy