Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JUNE EXERCISE THREAD

Hello, this morning was quite dreary.  I did 30 on my Pilates reformer, 30 rebounding, and 30 on Total Gym.   Going to walk in a bit here, I have to watch my soap Y&R.

Everyone is doing really well, yay!!!!!!!

@Mmsfoxxie I get carried away on Messenger also and texting with my friend who lives far away, then have to say " I have sat to long, time to get moving again"  It's easy to do, and why does time go so fast doing that but a workout you keep checking your watch to see how much longer you have to do it LOL..

@DrKelli so sorry about your hair situation I hope the dermie can give you some other things to try!

@JudyL forgot to ask how you like your new fridge.  I didn't know they now have black stainless did you?

@KonaKat Hi, and my memory is failing me now, big shocker there LOL....Nice to see you posting with us!!

@Laura14 how are the trail buds?  I need to get Logan in for a hair trim and a deshedding.  He's got way too much fur right now and he'll get too hot!

Going to finish some chores and then head out to walk! 

Have a greart day!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli   We lost one of our instructors who moved to where you are.  The other one took her class even though she has had someone in training and on stage with her for months.  She just decided not to teach Pound which is right before the class she took over because she just doesn't want to do it.  She's there anyway running her mouth with everyone.  Why not just do the 25-30 minute class?  I don't get it.  It's not like it's Bootcamp or you're getting extra time off.

I knew the end was near when last week she argued with us over why anyone in their right mind would listen to Rod Stewart.  Smiley Surprised  She is a boy band/Justin Bieber fan and she is about 40 so I think she's officially gone around the bend.  

I used to do so many classes and because they didn't think enough people were in the class (sound familiar?) or the instructor just didn't want to get up at 5am anymore, they've slowly gone away.  It's always the fake maybe we'll bring it back in the Fall but for some of them I am going on 10 years and it's been Fall 9 times.  It ain't happening.    :smileysad:

Honored Contributor

Good Morning everyone!  Well I'm an at-home exerciser also so we'll all be in good company.  I get up at 4:45am to feed the cat and get dressed to workout by a little after 5:00.  Need to be done by about 5:45 or so to have time to drink my coffee and get ready for work.  Its hard some mornings - like the past 2 days - to get going that early  but at least its done and out of the way.  Tried exercising after work but that just is not for me.  By the time I get home, I am done for the day.

@DrKelli hope the alopecia (hope I spelled that right) situation clears up soon for you.

@Laura14 good to see you posting again.  Missed you. 

@KonaKat nice to see you posting again too.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I've been cleaning like a banshee......getting a sectional soon, then Molly had an accident on the carpet, so getting that cleaned on Friday.

Molly and I ran 2.5mi/32min.  Nice cool morning and we saw one jogger and a guy walking his 2 white retrievers....they're beautiful.....Molly goes agro when she's the younger one.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

@MickDI need your energy to clean inside. Right now, my focus has been on the outside with little left for the inside. When living by myself, I find it easier to focus upon "curb appeal" than minimizing, etc. inside. A new sectional is great motivation,

Today was a rare sunny day without rain, so I burned some calories doing needed outside work. That plus the recumbent earned me 13,000 steps. I don't see myself exceeding that based upon studies and doctor recommendations. I plan for tomorrow to be a day of rest by reducing the amount. Tomorrow, the storms arrive again.  

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat I used to love working in the yard....now not so much!  It would get way too hot in SoCal to make a dent!  Maybe I'll do some container gardening at some point....do you live in Kona??

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

I've had a busy day so far.  But I'm also going to yoga in 40 minutes. 

I had a good workout yesterday, I'm kind of sore today.  I need to make myself go to the Lablast class on Tuesday nights and hopefully eventually be able to teach a class there once in awhile.

Not much else going on--hopefully you all have a good day.

And @MickD , I'll answer your question--Kona doesn't live there, but she is a world traveler and goes to Hawaii often.

Honored Contributor

Did my first youtube class on Pound this morning before work.  Found this girl who is our age in that she is not a young chick and she was really good and did pretty much what we do or did at the gym.

The only thing to her was she is obviously teaching in a church and I got a proverb before the workout and then she skipped the warmup and decided to preach to us for the last five minutes.  No biggie since I know how to stretch and could tune out the rest.  The workout was pure Pound for about 6-7 tracks and I rocked it for a full half hour just like gym time.  

If it does not rain when I come back home, I need to get my lawn cut.  After weeks of no rain, we are finally due for some all weekend long.  So I will add that on tonight if I can.

I feel such a relief knowing I don't have to get up tomorrow morning for class.  I will instead do what I did today and find a workout on youtube.  Found several actual Power classes uploaded so why do I need these people?  My happy face:  Smiley Happy

Have a good Wednesday all!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 Good for you on finding an alternative!  I haven't belonged to a fitness place in decades......prefer to do my own thing......cheaper and no travel time!

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, late check in for me, it was an active rest day.  I grocery shopped and then started painting my granddaughters room, still not done, and painted for 3 hours, had to stop my lower back was killing me.   Lots of cutting in ( 2x) then rolling, (2x) moving the bed from one side to the other as the room is small, and I am planning on  putting my reformer in there to use instead of in our unheated basement.  It needs new carpet in there but not in the budget but it is painted a sunny yellow now instead of lavendar which is what my 1st GD wanted, ( she's now 13)  anywhere I an envision a Pilates studio at some point!

It's only in the 40's here and dreary, foggy..  Good day to stay in and get things done. 

I skimmed the posts but need to read more thoroughly as I forgot already.   Just need to clean up a little in here and sit and rest a bit.

See ya tomorrow