Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE JUNE EXERCISE THREAD

May be an image of text that says 'PUT IN THE WORK AND STAY CONSISTENT. DON'T EXPECT THINGS TO HAPPEN OVERNIGHT. NEVER GIVE UP AND DON'T BE AFRAID TO FAIL. THAT'S HOW YOU GET BETTER.'

Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JUNE EXERCISE THREAD

Hey all, well it's a hot one here.   I don't get to say that often.   Found 2 wasp nests starting in the garage.  My son came over to get the kiddie pool for his lab and knocked them over for me.

Rest day for me.  Almost didn't take one but I need to.  Been going straight for a while except I did have last Friday off when I learned of my BIL's death.

Had hair done today.  That always feels so good.

How's everyone doing today?

Trusted Contributor

Responding to @kate2357  from the May thread. Wonderful you feel you can vent here. And It must seem like a mountain you are climbing at the moment.I only suggest- that it may be time to delegate some things. You are  taking it all on yourself.. And maybe it is only you who can do most of it.. Jack, insurance companies..etc. Perhaps other things- houshold duties etc.. can fall on other family members and friends. And that might be happening. I wish there was an advocate from the hospital that could assist you with the insurance and transition of Jack to rehab with a clear understanding of  what comes next. In my mind I see there should be a team of caregivers for him- total patient care and an action plan.  And someone who can get you a contact person with your insurance company without the phone tree you have been experiencing.. In a perfect world, right?

May today be better and Jack gets where he needs to be to get the best rehab,, And some insurance questions get answered for you and you get to rest a little.

I went to the rec center and did free weights today.. Still can't say my shoulder is back to normal, but functioning ok.. I have a dental cleaning appt this morning and I am the biggest baby when it comes to this. Most things I can get through. Its mostly in my head... and I am my own worst enemy- I have no teeth issues at the moment and don't want a cleaning to create any!!! Boo hoo!

Happy June.. May it be a good month for all of us!

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 - read your post in the May thread and my heart goes out to you.  I am so sorry that you are having so much trouble with United Healthcare.  Someone who has been through as much trauma as you and Jack should not have to be dealing with this.  On top of the substandard nursing care!  That makes me so mad and it's very scary.

Come here to vent any time and as much as you need.  

Hi to everyone else.  Didn't feel up to walking this morning, will see how knee feels later. 

Respected Contributor

Good morning,

Kate--I am sorry UHC is being awful.  I've always had good experiences, but I agree that you need to find a patient advocate at the hospital that can help you navigate the issues.

@violet runner  I hate having my teeth cleaned because they are so sensitive.  I will now give you my secret.  A couple hours before you go, put the extra strength orajel on all your teeth and don't drink anything for 30 minutes or so.  Then right before you go, take 2 advil.  It really helps me a lot.

I did get my trainer workout in and I really needed it because I had to go to the office yesterday, which meant a bunch of sitting.  I did have my dance lesson yesterday too.  I have to get my front lawn mowed before it starts raining again.  I'll try to do the back yard too.  I have a meeting in 10 minutes but think I have a pretty good break after that to mow.

Hope you are all doing okay--Kate--hang in there!  See you all tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kate2357, I don't think you'll ever have to apologize for venting on here.  All of us have done it, especially me.  IMO, crying and venting helps the mind deal with things.

For the most part, hospitals and especially insurances are desensitized to the people they claim to be helping.  Once in awhile you run into someone that will go the extra mile for your situation.  All of these insurances are about money first.  Pharmaceutical companies as well.  Keep being strong in spite of the obstacles thrown in your path.

I had a good walk workout yesterday but other than that, I've been awful.  Might do something later today.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

@DrKelli - thanks for the  "pre-game" tip before going to the dentist office. I'll store that info somewhere and try it next time.. I made it through this time.. BUT not until... when she was cleaning the upperteeth- a crown "suddenly" was loose - she pulled it off.. I guess in some respects if that was true ( although I never felt it was) it saved me a trip when it might have fallen out. Extra time in the dental chair getting it glued back on.. which also isn't too bad- but I was more than ready to hop out and head out the door  when it was finished.  

Looks like rain  and a few drops when I was in Boulder.. 

Enough excitment for me for one day. HA!

Respected Contributor

Hey all, today is hot in the 90's again.  The mosquitoes are so bad  everyone is talking about it.   Screens are filled with them, can't go outside at all.

I did 60 minutes of a spinning workout, my heart rate was up there, and I had to back off.  

Hubby and I went to dinner at this out of the way very remote place on a lake in the woods, the view was the lake and trees and bird feeders.  Just what we both needed.   I had 2 Blue Moons, so good and refreshing.

@DrKelli  remind me of that secret about extra strength oragel when I go in September.  I Loathe the dentist and cleanings, so you're not along neither you or @violet runner , hate it.  My anxiety is really high there.  I am a big gagger too.

@kate, I agree with the rest.  You need someone to step up and help with other things at home.  This is a long hard process for you.  Are you getting any sleep?

In 3 weeks I go to CO.   Babysitting for 9 days, help me now!!!

Well I think I"ll see whats on the tube,  have a great evening.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  It's hot here, too.  We finally broke down and turned on the AC.  For some reason, we resist turning the air on at the beginning of the hot season.

Hope everyone is coping well with whatever they need to cope with.  Enjoy your day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning ladies.  Its a beautiful day here. 

This morning I took a walk and went a little further.  Felt like I could have gone even further but didn't want to push it.  Hopefully my knee won't rebel.

Not much planned for today.  Grocery store and pick up some prescriptions and thats it.

Take care!

Update:  Did another walk this evening and it felt pretty good.  No issues.  YEA!