Trusted Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JUNE EXERCISE THREAD

Hi @bopper  and everyone.. Cooler day- but warmth returning this week. I did a mini hike this morning. Only an hour long.. and not much uphill. Still nice to get out in nature. Since it was short took another walk in the afternoon.  Weekend hasn't been too much exercising  , but enough to say I kept moving.. which is good.

This week I plan on a bigger hike on Tues and biking and of course , the rec center.

No much else to say, so I too just dropping in for a quick hello to stay connected.

Honored Contributor

Took a few days somewhat off for some necessary self care. No mowing this weekend and I let the other exercise slide. Still made my 150 minutes regardless this week.

Emotionally for a lot of reasons, I needed a break to just be and continue to work on my own personal projects this weekend.

Starting fresh this week with a new planner and goals. Did yoga for abs, arms, and attitude this morning and a small walk.

Off now to a very busy Monday at work. I hope everyone has a great week. 

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!  I actually came into the office today (I hate these required two days in the office--especially with gas prices the way they are)  I will be avoiding downtown like the plague later this week because the big victory parade is on Thursday.  

I did do lablast this weekend, but did very little yesterday except read a book.  We're less than a month away from the showcase so I'll be doing a lot of dance lessons.  I'm a bit irritated with my partner because we have a very long routine and none of it is choreographed.  Plus there are a lot of props, so I need the choreo so I can work with the props.

Not much else, but wanted to stop in and say hi.  Can you believe 4th of July is next Monday!?

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday!   I did lots on the reformer today and jogging on the Celly.  Heading to a friends camp on the big lake for the afternoon.  Of course it's been so hot and today need a fleece jacket and jeans...Why today!!  

@DrKelli  we watched the hockey game.   Congrat to the Avalanche.

I'm up another couple pounds so I feel everyones pain.  Exercise my butt off and still gain weight and no it's not muscle and no I have not lost any inches.   Grateful I have the stamina to do what I do.  I see many my age waddling along and I do NOT want to join that crowd.

Adios!

Honored Contributor

Well, with you guys, @bopper, I'm sure it's temporary since you do workout regularly.  If I had kept it up, I wouldn't be so far gone as I am.  Keep up your regiment because once you stop, it's hard to start over.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Energy Movement Calming routine yoga for me. Had a super crazy day yesterday. Hoping for a calmer one today. 

I think I may start walking after dinner around my block. There are some steep hills so it might help me do a little something different. 

July calendar is out. Printing that out today and we'll see what Adriene has planned for later this week and the next thirty days.

Have a good Tuesday. 

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!  In the actual office again today.  I really don't like it.  Yesterday, when going to the parking garage to go home, there were 2 guys in the stairwell.  I was very uncomfortable and they were obviously involved in something that was probably illegal.  I sent an email to the management company of the shopping center where the garage is and told them they needed to increase their security patrols.  This happened at 2:15 in the afternoon--it wasn't in the middle of the night.

No exercise yesterday--I got home and promptly fell asleep for 30 minutes on the couch.  I really don't like when I HAVE to get up.  Plus, I don't get my 30 minute snooze at lunch.

Have dance lessons this week, but no LaBlast on Saturday because the studio is closed for the 4th of July weekend.  I'm going to try to get to the morning class tomorrow since I'm not coming downtown.  And I'm for sure avoiding downtown on Thursday because of the victory parade for the Avs.  Will have a trainer workout Thursday morning though.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Respected Contributor

Toning Tuesday!    Today I did 30 minutes on the rebounder, a 20 minute spin, and 20 minute Kettlebell workout with Kaleigh.  Just came in from a dog walk and it's thundering out.  Under a severe thunderstorm warning right now.

@DrKelli  that is creepy!   Do you carry mace or anything?   

@Laura14  sounds like the calming yoga is just what you need.   I like a short after dinner walk and it's supposed to be very good for digestion.

Going to get off now, big lightening.

Respected Contributor

Hey hey!   Wellness Wednesday Here!

Today I did 30 minutes on the Celly and 50 minutes on the reformer focus was Arms, Abs, and Glutes

Just came in from doggie walk, in the mid 70's here but it's humid.

Granddaughters T Ball game tonight.

I'm following myself here so hope to catch up with y'all later.

July thread coming soon!

Respected Contributor

Hello everyone!  I had meetings all morning, so just getting here!

@bopper I have a favor to ask you--I don't mind the different colors of your post, but could you avoid yellow?  I have to highlight your post to read it!!

I was going to go to the rec center to take my favorite instructor's class but then I found out yesterday, she wasn't going to be there.  So I had to go to a 'meeting' instead.  I do have a dance lesson today though.  The owner of the studio texted me last night and asked if I canceled a lesson yesterday and I told him that I only had a lesson today.  But he almost gave me a heart attack because I have been confused about what day it was all week.

I had to run out and pick up my prescription at lunch and when I pulled back in my driveway, some stupid woman blew through the 4 way stop at about 40 mph.  I wish the police would sit in my cul de sac one day because it happens many times during the day.  This stupid woman didn't even slow down.

I do  have a trainer session first thing tomorrow, but then 2 meetings right after that. boo.  but then a 4 day weekend. Yay!