Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JUNE EXERCISE THREAD

Hi everyone--we had a 'front' come through last night and I will say--it is extremely pleasant!!  Only in the 80s today, but in the 90s at the end of the week.  Then over the weekend--we'll all be freezing because it will be in the 70s.

Didn't get a workout in yesterday because I was busy running around.  The pharmacy did get my prescription ready by lunch, but when I got it home, the instructions were to take it at bedtime and in the morning.  So I had to wait to take the first dose.  I'm definitely feeling better this morning.  The Azo helped.  I haven't taken any of that today.

Going to try to do a streamed lablast workout today.  Louis and his crew had their streaming equipment stolen a couple weeks ago, so they've had to play previously recorded sessions.  They've been kind of fun though because when the pandemic first started, he was doing free classes (live) 5 days a week.  And when he talks about being careful--you have to remember those were the days before vaccine and it was really dangerous.

I'm subbing lablast tomorrow at the place I taught on Sunday--I have 6 people preregistered so that will be a nice sized class.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Trusted Contributor

Seems like heat has hit us all... in some way. Summer is here! @DrKelli is correct in saying we had mugginess this weekend.. not like CO.. Although if memory serves, the monsoons used to bring the dew point up for us. And it apprears that's the case this year. If it keeps down some of the fires- I am all for it. We did have a small one near one area I hike last week- think they got it under control rather quickly.

Can't say I have done much hiking at all. The rattlesnakes are out now- and I  am not a fan of dealing with them. Many sightings reported.  Unless I go up to a higher elevation  which I don't do solo- I tend not to hike as much in the summer months. Plus more people out there too. More biking - and of course going to the rec center 4 days a week.

I am looking for people to hike with- a couple of people I used to count on- aren't hiking anymore.. See how it pans out.

Not much else- maintaining.. And reminder to myself and maybe others to  hydrate more now that it's hot. I am sure all of us know this.. but I get out there out and forget.. 

Have a grand Tues everyone.

Respected Contributor

Toning Tuesday!

Today was a 30 minute spin class and I still have to hit pause a few times and go slower than the instructor but at least I show up, then I did the TG and some free weights.   It was almost 100 here yesterday!  Today is a little cooler.  My GD is coming this afternoon and spending the night.   I have a little tiny wading pool but better than nothing she can fun and jump in it.  She's 6.

@violet runner rattle snakes.. Oh my goodness NO THANK YOU.   They don't come into the neighborhoods do they like in the garages?  My son hasn't mentioned that.  I'd die!  I can't stand a garter snake!

The mosquitos are so bad here we can't even be outside near woods right now.  Everyone is saying how horrid they are.

Not much else here

Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Yoga for a Fresh Start today. It was my first full yoga in a while. Also did a short jog as well.

Wokeup to a weather alert. We are going up to 98 today and no one breathing should be outside. Smiley Sad Guess I'll get the space suit and gas mask and get to work.

Have a cooler Wednesday all. 

Honored Contributor

Hey, everyone!  

Yesterday I experienced something that was good for me but my good was bad for someone else.  After I left my therapy session, I stopped at the grocery store for a few things.  You know how it is at the cashier....you're watching her ring up, you might need to input your phone number in the machine to receive your rewards points, etc.  So, the bagger put my bags in my cart and I went home.  I'm putting away groceries and this one bag had two pkg of breakfast sausage and a pkg of flour tortillas.  Not my stuff, I thought.  I looked at my receipt....wasn't on there.  So I'm thinking I should call the store.  Then I thought...I'm not going back to return it and they probably won't ask me to anyway.  Soooo, logistically, the best thing to do was to put the items in my refrigerator and feel sorry for that lady ahead of me.  I've been in her position, too, but never for three items.  The lady didn't look in the best shape to be running back to the store either.  Oh, well.

Today, after my in-home therapy for my back, I'm going to do my in place walking.  I have two more sessions next week and then I'm going back to my fitness center that I'm still paying for.  I hate paying for a service I don't use.  If I had been smart, I would have requested that my therapy be at my fitness center location since they do the same stuff.  But, the new doctor is affiliated with Advocate Medical so that's where she scripted me to.

Please enjoy your day, guys and appreciate it to the fullest.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone--sorry I was MIA yesterday.  Just busy at work.  I did teach LaBlast yesterday afternoon though--another great group of women--some were a repeat from Sunday.  The owner told me I was officially on their sub list, so I'll get to teach once in awhile.

I just finished my trainer workout, which was hard but I got through it.  With a lot of complaining.

Was going to finish work early (I started super early) so I could watch the hearings, but then I see they got postponed to July, so I'll still finish early, but will work on something different than I had planned.

The temperature is climbing back up today, but we're supposed to have a cool, wet weekend.  Yay and boo.  I hope my long holiday weekend is nice the next weekend, but I'm all for free water out of the sky for my yard.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Thirsty Thursday!  Are you drinking your water?  Especially in this heat most of us are having.

I did the bike today for 30 minutes and then 30 on the TG, and a dog walk.  It was hot by the time I walked the dog but at least we are in the woods in shade and walking fast to avoid the bugs.  Which are terrible!

Hot again tomorrow and then a little cooler but humid they said and I don't do humid well!

I have groceries tomorrow and will take the day off and not feel the least bit guilty.

We all have to just do the best we can and like @Mmsfoxxie  said enjoy every moment.

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!

Today is my rest day woo hoo!!!!!!!!  Got my groceries and now doing absolutely nothin! 

Hot one today and humid and more tomorrow.   

Keep getting active minutes no matter what you are doing.  Movement is medicine

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Very cloudy today and for once, I'm really hoping for some rain.  Our grass is looking like straw.

Gonna make myself do some simple exercises in a few minutes.  Just finished my back exercises so why not do a little more, right.  The humidity isn't bad yet.

Have a great day, group.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday!

Started with the Cellerciser and dancing to disco, stretches, then Pilates chair, Spinning and Total Gym.   Good way to start my day.

Cooled off into the 60's now and feels soooo good!

Nothing going on here out of the ordinary so just saying Hey to everyone!