Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JUNE EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning everyone!  Oh my word is it hot here!  We're usually in the high 60's, very low 70's - it was 95 yesterday.  In my area most people don't have air conditioning because we don't need it.  The inside of my house yesterday was unbearably hot.  My poor kitty had diarrhea this morning and I'm sure its because of the heat.  At 4:45AM today it was 83 in my house.  I opened windows hoping to get some cool air in the house before going to work but nope, no cool air.  When I left for work, it had only cooled down to 82!  LOL  I'm a little worried about my kitty while I'm at work as today is supposed to be hotter than yesterday.  A little cooling later in the week but not like we're used to.  I couldn't sleep last night either - got about 3 hours and that was it.  It's going to be a long day at work.

I did not workout today.  Hope everyone has a good day.  For those that have the cooler temps - send them my way please!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, friends. More medical issues here. I welcome prayers if you feel like sending them. Thanks.

Looking forward to ANW tonigjt.

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

Found another Power class on YouTube. This one was not fun. Thank goodness it was a routine we have done to death at the gym so I really didn't need the instructor.

This was her assessment which is what they do for certification to teach. I hope they told her to slow it down and learn the actual routine. She turned barbell work into hand weights and could not follow a count to save her life. And cues? What cues? Yes you do have to tell the class what to do before they are supposed to do it. Otherwise, you hurt people.

So glad I already knew what to do and just followed the music. Anyway, that's done. House guests are leaving today so I may do my yoga after work. Or a pound class. Haven't decided yet.

Have a great Tuesday all!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everyone.  

I just heard on the news that falling asleep with the tv on could make you gain weight.  So that’s what my problem is!  😮 Who woulda thunk!

@Laura14, which YouTube video are you referring to?

This morning I’ll be doing my Body & Sculpt class (which is the one we do Pound sometimes and I didn’t know it), Flexibility and maybe, just maybe...Zumba.

Please have a safe day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie   I pulled up a Power class that I took at the gym.  It's a weight class.  It just is a pet peeve of mine when instructors can not listen to the music and do the routine appropriately.  She was even counting and then standing and waiting for the music to catch up.  That's not how it's done!  Slow down and you'll see better results.  

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, its sunny and in the 60's here perfect temp for me!   Rain all day tomorrow though.  I have a hair appt. at 1 and then will walk Logan.   I did a 45 minute walk this morning, and 30 on my reformer.

Nomless I am sending up prayers for healing to you!!!  Hugs my friend!

Judy that's really hot in your house, do you have fans for kitty?  Hard sleeping isn't it, we had that over the weekend and it was 87 and remember we went from 40!!  

Foxxie I heard that also about the TV on while sleeping Hahah,,, I don't do that luckily but my DIL sleeps the entire night with the TV on and my oldes granddaughter needs it on now too, she'll even wake up and if it's been turned off she turns it back on.   I can't stand the light from it, I even cover my clock so the blue LED light won't bug me!

Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone!  Well it was 93 inside my house when I got home last night.  My poor kitty is having a tough time but he is drinking and eating so I know he's ok, just the heat is really bothering me.  Me too!!  This morning I got up at 4:45 to open windows and run the fan until I left for work and it was 83 in the house.  Ugh.  We are just not used to this here.  Its usually in the high 60's/low 70's.  If it gets over mid-70's people start complaining about the heat.  LOL  Its only supposed to cool down 7 degrees today so really not any cooling at all cuz one doesn't really feel a 7 degree difference.  I grew up in the deserts of So California so I know about hot summers.  We would have 105 and higher summers for weeks on end.  I moved up here to get away from that.  All this heat makes sleeping difficult too.

Anyway, I'm at work in the A/C and a bit worried about Montague so may try and go home a little early.  Didn't workout this morning because it was too uncomfortable in the house.  We'll see how I feel tonight.  I'm waiting and watching out the Reception area window here at work for the fog....Its really pretty funny because any time you walk through our Reception area, people are standing at the big window looking out towards the bay for the fog to come rolling in.  HAHAHA

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL   Wow!  I remember my one and only trip to the Bay in the month of August.  I froze my butt off!  I hope you return to that soon.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Stay cool!  I lived in Fremont for 6 years.  My house was one of the few that had a.c......I was lucky.

🔥 🔥 Hot here!  Molly and I got on the trail as early as I could get my buhunkus out there.  2.63mi/36min.

A lady stopped to tell me about a snake she saw on a hill....I jogged another 1/2 mile and saw one......Molly saw it before me.....that thing was on the move.  She wanted to go after it but I told her - snake .  Danger.  She has the second of 2 rattlesnake vaccs due on the 21st.

Got my new sectional and the family room is done and decorated.....now onto the living room.....

P_20190609_154114.jpg

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G