Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JUNE EXERCISE THREAD

Did my yoga for self love. 50 minutes! I really wanted to hike today but it's supposed to rain all day so I don't think I'll be able to do it. Also have house guests again so I am not sure what today holds yet.

Enjoy your Saturday!
Honored Contributor

ok @Laura14  I did Kara Osborne's Pound workout this morning.  Holy cow.  I'm sweatin' like a pig - it is warm here today and I have no air conditioning so I'm going to say part of the sweat is from the heat not from me being out of shape.  LOL. What a workout!  Wasn't sure what I was going to use for sticks but halfway through I remembered I stll had my sticks from Zumba Gold - they are slightly weighted on the ends which I'm sure I'll feel tomorrow.  LOL  Definitely going to order that set from Amazon tho because the video kept getting interrupted by ads - which I skipped - and at one point I lost internet connection so had to stop and reconnect.  All hassles I don't want when I'm exercising early in the morning cuz time is so limited.  But I'll do Kara's video until the Amazon stuff arrives which said 6 to 10 days so not Amazon's fast shipment.

Anyway, thanks for telling me about this.  I really enjoyed it!  Something new and different which is always good cuz got to keep that exercise boredom away.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL I am glad you liked it! I don't get ads. That would totally defeat the purpose. I'm glad you're going with the DVDs. It's always great to switch it up.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14  maybe I got ads because I didn't bother to sign in.  I just searched for the workout and did it.  When I do it again, I'll try signing in and see if that helps.  It was quite annoying.

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, it's been busy, this morning I walked for 45 minutes, then did Pilates rebounding for 30 minutes and stretching Pilates for 30.   This afternoon we went looking for plants and didn't get a thing, hubby was saying we can find it cheaper here or there so you know how that goes, nada and I was not happy!  Plus now it's 87 here and we aren't used to the drastic temps so I think we were both irritated with each other. 

And no AC here so the house is hot!  Sorry for complaining ! 

I'll look up Pound on my Roku, always nice to see and do something different.

Not much else here, last night we took dad to dinner .   They had this Blueberry beer and it was so good, had blueberries in the glass too.  I had 2!!!   I was good though.  Wouldn't mind one now as a matter of fact!

Have a good night!

Honored Contributor

Found Group Active on YouTube. That's a combo class of step, weights, Pilates and abs. Audio was tough to hear but I managed to follow along quite well. Boy can I tell I haven't been stepping in a while. Good to get back to it though.

Then I did my yoga for risk takers. She spent most of the video petting her dog which was perfect since I wasn't into it either after Active but all done exercising for the day. I think I need a break too. My muscles are sore primarily from yoga all week. Ow!

Have a good Sunday all!
Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday Everyone!  Whew boy howdy is it hot in the City by the Bay today!  Whoa!  We are not used to it here. LOL

Did the Pound workout again this morning.  @Laura14  right at the beginning there's a box to click to not get the ads - duh - didn't see that yesterday.  Wasn't quick enough to click it today but when the ads did pop up and I had to wait 5 seconds to skip them, I thought "ya know maybe these ads are a blessing in disguise because I at least get a few seconds breather!"  LOL  Weighed the "sticks' I have from the Zumba Gold kit and they 1 pound 4 ounces so I'm getting a bit of an arm workout using those as opposed to using drumsticks.  

Cleaned up from working out, cleaned up the kitchen, now starting laundry and I'm done for the day.  Going to relax and watch Doris Day movies on TCM.  Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  The weekend here was beautiful!

Hubby was looking at our front and backyards this weekend, talking about what needs to be done.  We used to have beautiful landscaping but through the years, too much water killed almost of my roses.  I had at least 30, most lining a side fence.  Unfortunately, our land is slightly downhill and extreme rain sits in the yard.

Then, there are the animals taking over.  Actually, I guess we took it from them and now it’s reversed.  I can’t have a garden without giving them half.  I can’t leave my car in the driveway too long with them eating the wires.  And I think some have gotten inside through some holes we found.  I say all of this to say that older people need to live in places that take care of the property for them without having to pay a fortune for upkeep.  Hubby can’t do a lot because bending gets him dizzy and my joints can’t take it cause I can’t squat.  We have our landscaper do cutting back of the hedges and trees but he’s not cheap.

This is what you deal with when you kids live out of state and having grandkids with a lot of energy isn’t helping you at all.  Moral of this story is to beg your kids to stay around, lol.

This morning I’ll be doing Senior Cardio and then Stretch & Motion which is cardio /weight training.  @nomless, I hope you are still recuperating well.  @JudyL, I have ads running in my YouTube, too.  I don’t use them for exercising, though, for the most part because I can’t stream to the tv to see them well enough.

Have a great day, all!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Morning, it's cool here 54 and windy/rainy and the week ahead is supposed to be the same below normal .   Bugs are so horrible it's all everyone is talking about.  I mean you endure 7 months of winter and can't wait to be outside and you have every bug imaginable, ruins it.  We have never had this much standing water so everything hatched at once I think.

I haven't bought 1 single plant/flower either.  I don't even have much interest in it, constant watering and with the bugs....I can get vegetables at Farmers market cheap, so I'm not sure what to do.

Yesterday was a rest day but I ended up rebounding for 30 minutes on the reformer and a short dog walk.  Hubby was napping, I'm not a napper.  My son's whole family was also napping....We went to the Community chicken BBQ though and that was nice and the weather was nice for it also and we took a short ride.

Not much else here ,  need more coffee.  Have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

We had an unseasonably cool day yesterday--didn't even hit 60!  The pool (that I have a pass to) didn't even open.

I went to LaBlast (finally) on Saturday morning. It was a fun class and I really liked the instructor. It is a small  class that they are trying to grow--there were 3, including me.

Today is Quick Fit.  After finallly getting some dance in this weekend, I am actually looking forward to working out this week.  It was becoming such a drag.

@tony14smoke , thanks for the good wishes.  I thought the hair loss had slowed down, but it was back with a vengeance this morning when I washed my hair.  I guess it's going to keep falling out until it stops.  I haven't lost eyelashes or eyebrow hair, so that's actually a good sign.

I hope you all have a great week!