Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JUNE EXERCISE THREAD

Yard work done! I'm racking up the muscles. Lol
Honored Contributor

Did my first Power class this morning via YouTube. I actually had an instructor that did the entire stretch and didn't gossip in between tracks.

I need a longer step but I was actually pretty good on the floor. I think I will see if I can find a step class too. I have missed that.

I will do yoga tonight. I am loving the new routine. Off to work for now and hopefully a less stressful day. Enjoy today!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, y’all!  (y’all, 😂).  After an early morning rain, yesterday was beautiful!

Did my volunteering yesterday and boy, that last half hour of my four hours is tough to do......boring (and I get drowsy) due to lack of movement.  Good thing is I can leave when I want to.  I’m thinking about changing to a more mobile job, which is what I wanted in the first place.

Also, there are free snacks where I am.  Yesterday in the volunteer ‘break’ room where the lockers are, there are also snacks.  And yesterday, some nice diet saboteur, left this delicious coffee cake for us.  Lord, Jesus!  Of course, I got some and took it to my desk and ate it.  Woe is me.

Today, I’m going to a church to exercise.  A former exercise instructor from my fitness center that quit a couple of months ago is giving a free class and invited her former students.  I’m going but I have to wonder if she’s trying to drum up some business for herself, personal training.  Not in my budget and not wanted.  

Have a a great day, everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.

We have a beautiful day here in Colorado--it's supposed to be mid-80s.

Today is personal training, so lots of weights.  I loved my yoga class yesterday. I'm not struggling to get into poses (except one--the pigeon).  I just feel so good when I leave. One woman who I haven't seen in forever (she splits her time between Denver and California) was there, so I caught up with her in the few minutes before class.

I'm glad so many of you make use of YouTube videos. If you like Zumba, you can find a lot of stuff on youtube.

Today is the board meeting at work so I will be hiding in my office LOL.

Oh--and I started my new Phoenix class. You all remember how awful my last class was.  They've started a new classroom platform, which is difficult to navigate, although, not as bad as I thought. The participation requirements have been cut from 8 posts on 3 separate days to 3--one initial response to the discussion question and 2 replies to classmates. Response due by Thursday, replies due by Monday.  Which means everyone is going to be posting late Monday night again.  I started with 8, I'm down to 6.  And 3 haven't bothered to check in yet.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

No trail run today......got one more area to clean before the carpet cleaner guy comes tomorrow am.....I don't wanna overdo it and injure myself......wimpy i know.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD   Since when is cleaning wimpy?  You go girl!

@Mmsfoxxie  when you start with the "all y'all", you'll know you've lost it. Been South almost 20 years now and I still refuse that and any "fixin to."  

You'se guys is better English anyway.  My hometown Philly says so.  Hey, yo!     Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  ok need ask a question about exercising and YouTube.  I'm not YouTube savvy.  Rarely use it so not sure how that all works.  How do you look up workout videos and how do you know which ones to use?  I'm used to having it on my tv so do you just set your computer up so thats what you watch?  Don't even get me started on streaming have no idea what thats all about let alone how to stream from my computer to my tv.

Thank you for your patience....LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, @JudyL , I’m so glad to hear someone admit that they don’t know anything about streaming!  I hear that word every time I ask about getting rid of cable and using a cheaper way to get movies.  We aren’t even familiar with DVRs. Sad.  Cable is made for people like my husband and me (electronically challenged) although, more and more, the only way to afford it is to cut something else fun out of our lives.

These days I use YouTube a lot ....all types because I have no cable movies to watch since our last cable downsize.  I mean movies with no commercials.  Really doesn’t matter a lot because I find that either everything is a rerun or I just don’t like them.  This year alone our cable went from $197 to almost $220.  From January to April.  Now it’s back to $197 but I had to omit a lot of what we had.  So my $197 gets us almost basic cable.  They bundle you with Spanish channels when you don’t speak it, golf when you don’t golf.....well you see what I mean, lol.

Btw, on YouTube, just put what you’re looking for in the search box, send and you get a lot of options.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@JudyL   I am a babe myself!  

The easiest thing to do and I usually do it for yoga is to just pull up your youtube app on your phone and search for what you want just like @Mmsfoxxie  said. 

I like Yoga with Adriene and if you google her or search her in youtube, she'll come right up.  You just select a video and hit play.

Obviously that's a small screen so a tablet or computer might work better if you really want to watch what she is doing.  I'm pretty familiar with a lot of it so the small screen works.  I just put it right by my side or on the floor while I am doing my downward dog.  LOL

For the Pound and Power classes I searched Pound class and found Kara Osbourne who seems to have several videos up.  You could probably search her name in youtube to pop her up. 

I've only done one of her videos so far so I'm not sure how I like her yet.  The first one it was obvious that she mixes in prayer so if that offputs you, you'll have to keep searching. She didn't do it doing the workout so I was fine ignoring the speech at the end. 

Pound is normally a 30-60 minute class so look for videos in that range.  She is about 30 minutes plus.  

For Power, I searched Power Mossa class because I know that's what it's called technically and several popped right up.  It's an hour class so I looked for videos in that range and I picked one this morning.

Now, here's the caveat.  My mother made me buy a smart tv right before Christmas.  Smart tvs actually let you stream the internet on the tv so that's how I do the Power and Pound classes since you kind of do need to follow what they're doing.  It's pretty easy once my 8 year old niece showed me and it is just like watching tv.

In my smart tv's case, you just hit the remote button for "Smartcast" which is what mine is called for the internet and then select the youtube app just like you would on your phone and search just like you would on a phone.  Select a video and it plays on your tv.  Once you watch one video, youtube is smart and gives you suggested videos which are very similar to what you just played.  So they'll do the searching for you after a while.

I know you can subscribe which I have not done to let it alert you. I'm not there yet.  Baby steps.  So I just search for what I want every time.   

As far as casting, I have done that with Chromecast which is actually super easy.  If you don't have a smart tv, Chromecast is I think about $30.  It is a USB that you stick in the back or side of your tv just like you would on the computer.  It just plugs in. 

You then download the Chromecast app onto your phone, sign into your wifi, and Google does the rest.  Once Google connects you through the app, you pull up the youtube video you want just as if you were going to play it on your phone but hit the square icon that will display and it will cast it to your tv instead.

Hope that helps!  I know it's a lot.  

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, it's Friday!!!  Woo hoo!!!!!!!   I finished painting yesterday, need to rearrange some things, I will put my reformer in that room along side my GD bed, I have visions of my Pilates studio room once the bed is gone from there but it is her room and I will keep it for her when she is here playing but it will work for me until then.  Bright sunny yellow with white sheers.

Sun is out, 50 right now and I"ll walk and do TG, Pilates...and we are taking dad to dinner tonight.

@Laura14 do you need any special equipment for pound, I could search on the TV for it.  Adriene is great, I follow her also.

I should go get some tomato plants too, I think maybe we are safe from frost now!   Around this part of the woods we never really know!

Not much else here, have a sunny day!