Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JUNE EXERCISE THREAD

@meallen616 wrote:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/03/d9/49/03d949c5dc0ca627d12506c89c08af8f--motivational-quotes-for-women-think-happy-thoughts.jpg

@meallen616 ,

Thanks, I am, I do, and I will do

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I have done two 30 minute sessions on recumbent bike while watching CSI Miami on Hulu.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat 

I do all my aerobic/anaerobic and interval training on my newer recumbent, and some of my leg strength training on my old Proform recumbent. My new one picks up my heart rate via Polar, makes it much less cumbersome. The heart rate monitor hand grips on the new one?  Not even close to accurate.

I do this on my off days from skating, mostly 2 times if I skate 3 days. Old Bod's gotta rest. Recumbents are the best trainer I have found for working the ice skating muscles, very similar in many aspects of a good skater.

I only listen to music and play the type that matches my workout for that particular session. I have always been an exercisers called "Associate" as compared to a "Disassociate" person. I want my mind in tune with what my body is saying, thus no multi-tasking for this old man. Always been that way. Whatever works is always best for everyone when it comes to exercising. Hope CSI Miami was a good one to watch.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutJohn, I think we have to find what works best for each of us. When not walking outdoors, I just find watching an interesting program a way of getting the exercize in as I'm not one that naturally takes to exercise. I don't get a "high" from it that some people do; my "high" comes from knowing I tackled something and accomplished it despite not overly fond of it.  I often watch My 600Lb Life when getting the urge to deviate from my weight loss goals.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat 

I totally agree with you. Whatever works for a person  "to get some exercise done" is their right way. Can't say I  always get a high from recumbents, that was more prevalent during my distance running days. 

Skated today for 2 hours, feeling good, legs strong the whole session. That doesn't happen every time I skate. Just like running some days are much easier than others when skating. Falling down on skates kinda reduces the high, and I don't remember ever falling running. Skating on one other hand, not recently,  but thousands of times over the years.

Just in from skating and rehydrating with some mineral drinks, lose several pounds after a hard skate, mostly fluid of course. I watch "My 600lb life" also. In case you didn't  know, I spent many years in grade school and high school as "that fat kid". Working at drive-in restaurants didn't help me much. Hey, if watching that show keeps a person "on track", that's a good thing.

Gotta take care of our critters, inside and the outside visitors. 

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Although the weather was nice, I didn’t go out all weekend.  Have no idea why I didn’t want to.

@hckynut, whenever works for a person exercising is what you should do.  I am no longer in a physical condition to push the bar up.  Every time I do, my feet hurt more, my knees hurt more.  At almost 72, exercising usually five days a week, I’m settling for that.  Arthritis rules!

Today, I’ll be doing my regular agenda....Senior Cardio for 45 to 50 minutes and a Strength & Motion a 40 or 50 minutes class, both of which involve cardio and weights.  Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi all!  We finally have spring in Colorado.  It's supposed to be 80 something with severe thunderstorms this afternoon.

@hckynut --that's impressive that you have that much activity at your age. My dad was a firm believer in not sitting in a chair.  He used to walk a mile every day and play golf most days.  I have that same belief.

I am planning on QuickFit today at the gym.  I got a new class at Phoenix, but it is in a completely different platform and my syllabus that I've used for years has to be built from scratch. I lost all my links, so I have to figure out what those were before class starts tomorrow.  I posted all the discussion questions yesterday, which took me almost 2 hours.  I hope it gets easier.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  No workout for me today.  Maybe tonight when I get home.  

Good to see @hckynut  and @KonaKat  posting.  Always nice when others check in; also because I like to hear what people are doing as that helps me keep going.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Wife gone doing her in home pet sitting last week. Home for a few hours and left again for a 15 day gig. This one is a 1 dog, a big dog Russian something or other. Weighs 80 pounds. So my 6 felines a Lily, our 1 canine are stuck with me.

Sunday is one of my ice skating days, later than the other 2  I do during the week. Though skating is my true love, these 2 hour sessions are also  my workouts. Lots of aerobic heart rate and many different types if intervals along with different slow skate heart rate recovery times.

I make sure I hit my max heart rate(lowered it a bit since heart attack #2), but still high enough in comparison  to my Stress Treadmill Test Max. Always bring a clothes change for after, while the rink is pretty cool, work hard and it is the same as most any weather result.

Usually do abs for 15-20 minutes when I get home, depending on how my twice operated on back feels. Skating(hockey style) is always in a partial front leaning position, backs are all hockey skaters Achilles Heel.

Thought I would throw something here to let my friend @bopper  know I am still here kicking and will be 80 in less than a week. Also that I  feel as fit as when I was prior to my 14 year battles with my multiple serious health and physical issues. Absolutely  GREAT!

hckynut

Hey there my friend, so nice to see your post!   I think of you often and you sure are a good example of good health amongst obstacles you have had to overcome!  Happy you are still skating, what a good cardio workout and I know you also use your machines at home, I have 2 Total Gyms now and use them both!   

Looks like you will be a bachlor for a bit as wife  pet sits.   That's a big dog!  I love dogs, will always have to have a dog!

Happy Birthday Early to you!  80 years young right!!!   Keep on keepin on my friend!!!

Honored Contributor

Finished with day 3 on the June yoga calendar.  This is the first routine ever where I was not a fan of the positions or her presentation.  Luckily, it was short.  My abs still hurt from yesterday.

Was on my way to do my hike yesterday and got a check engine light so I didn't go after work.  Checked this morning by the mechanic and another $500 is out the door.  I so want my old Toyotas back with zero computers.  Remember just getting an oil change and you were good from major repairs for years?

Anyway, I may try again this afternoon.  Mechanic said it's good to drive until the part comes in which is about 2 weeks.     I also found a Pound class on youtube which I may do since my Pound class is now gone from the gym.

Have a good Monday all.