Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning!

This morning I walked and added a little bit of distance and time.  Have to go into the office so time is more limited.  Was out walking even before the birds were up!  LOL

Hope everyone is doing ok and has a good Friday.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  My a/c has already kicked on.  When I walked the dogs at 5:15, it was 71 degrees--which is actually perfect.

I got stung by a wasp yesterday when I got my mail.  They've made a nest in the bottom of the box--there is a double layer of metal so that you can attach it to the post.  I told my neighbor and he was out there spraying them this morning at 6 am.  He was actually spraying in the wrong place, so I was talking to him out of my office window.  He did shoot the wasp spray where I thought the nest was.

Have a dance lesson later today and a dance party tonight.  Will do Lablast tomorrow because it will be that instructor's last class (She is one of the owners and moving to Florida because of her husband's job).  I will be teaching more because of it.  I'm hoping the instructor I subbed for last week on Sunday is over the Covid and I won't have to teach on sunday.  I'm actually subbing there next Thursday though for another instructor.

Next week is all tech rehearsals for our dance showcase--every night.  I do have one trainer session scheduled on Thursday, am teaching Zumba that day.  This hot weather makes me not want to do anything.

An update on my neighborhood shooting--they arrested a 17 year old last night.  There were a lot of witnesses, so I guess they got him tracked down pretty quickly.  It's such a tragedy.

Hope you all have a good day and weekend!!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!   The last day in the 70's and then the muggy meter kicks in and the heat.

I went and got groceries this morning and I"m goint to walk now and then stretch on the reformer.  I sure miss my bike but not able to do it without worrying I"ll make things worse.

Walking early like you did @JudyL  is the best time, avoiding the heat and it's more quiet.

My phone rang at 4 am and I didn't even hear it.   Hubby did and it was my sister saying my dad called her and said he went to the bathroom and washed his hands and he said the knob on the faucet fell off and he couldn't turn off the water.  Remember he's pretty blind so then my hubby had to go into town and fix it.  He said the knob was on and my dad just couldn't see it but the spicket was off but by the time my hubby got there dad had turned off the water so he could have waited until a normal hour but hubby was already on his way.

Not much else here today.  Have a great day everyone!

Honored Contributor

@bopper - I feel for your dad but your husband also deserve a double gold star.

Yes, it is quiet when I walk - today I left at 5:00am so its still dark but I only walk inside the complex where I live and I carry a flashlight so I feel safe.  Plus there is lots of lighting around.  What really surprised me were how many people were awake at that hour!  

Honored Contributor

Good Saturday morning!  

Took a walk this morning.  Today went up to the park near my house that is on the Bay.  They have a 1 mile track and some outdoor exercise equipment.  Lots of people walk/run there and it was nice at 6:30 this morning.  I went once around the track which is a bit more than I have been doing so that was good.  Slowly but surely increasing it.

Don't know why but I get bad cramps on the top of my left foot that go up my leg a bit when on my walks.  As soon as I'm doing walking, the cramping goes away.  I often have to stop and stretch my foot out or give it a bit of rest before continuing.  Stopping isn't what I want to do but it really hurts and I have no choice.  Not sure what to do about it so I don't have to keep stopping on my walks.  That kind of defeats the purpose of keeping up a steady pace!

Was thinking maybe its the walking on hard pavement?  Yet my right foot is fine.  Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Honored Contributor

@JudyL How strange! I have always heard cramps are usually an indication to hydrate but it's weird on one foot and not the other. Maybe you hit a step wrong and tweaked a muscle.

You've inspired me. I am going to go take a walk around my block. My yard work was done for me yesterday which I didn't expect so no workout there. I keep trying to motivate myself today and a walk sounds perfect. I am only a few points from my 150 for the week.

Happy Saturday all. Glad your dad is okay @bopper . Heart

Respected Contributor

Hey all, it is hot here today and humid.    I did the reformer this morning, a little foot work on the chair and a doggie walk.

I agree the best part of the day is early.  I just can't get myself up that early.

Enjoy the weekend

Honored Contributor

@bopper - I don't think I'd be up that early if I didn't have to be.  Come retirement, I'm hoping that changes.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@JudyL How strange! I have always heard cramps are usually an indication to hydrate but it's weird on one foot and not the other. Maybe you hit a step wrong and tweaked a muscle.

You've inspired me. I am going to go take a walk around my block. My yard work was done for me yesterday which I didn't expect so no workout there. I keep trying to motivate myself today and a walk sounds perfect. I am only a few points from my 150 for the week.

Happy Saturday all. Glad your dad is okay @bopper . Heart

@Laura14 - it seems odd to me too.  In talking about it with my DD - she works out a lot - we decided that it could be walking on a hard surface that is bothering me.  Even though I wear good shoes and have support, it may be the repeated contact with a hard surface that bothers my foot.  My knees also ached a bit so that kind of makes sense to me.  Noticed when I walked on the dirt area, it felt better and also when I walk on the street as opposed to the sidewalk, the problem isn't near as bad. I'm hoping over time and as I get stronger, this won't be an issue.

Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday. Yoga to Gain Perspective today. Hit my 150 points for the week so I am ready for tomorrow to start over again. 

Enjoyed my walk yesterday. Might do it again today too. Forgot how simple just a twenty minute around the block jaunt can be.