Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all.  Gonna be a beautiful but muggy day.  Luckily the temperature isn't going to be too high.  

Yesterday I went back to volunteering.  I'm situated in the surgical waiting area where patients check in for their outpatient surgeries and loved ones can wait.  The norm was that there was cold bottled water, a tray will wrapped (supposedly healthy) treats, a coffee machine, hot chocolate packets, etc. for loved ones to partake of.  All of those amenities are gone. No perks.  Also, in the almost three hours I was there being trained by another volunteer, there were only about five people show up.  The other volunteer said that it seems that people are still not doing many elective surgeries.  Being very bored with nothing to do, I didn't stay my whole four hours.  Also keeping my mask on for that long will definitely take some time to get used to.  I'm gonna try and get used to it, though.  Commitment.

When I do my walking and exercising in place, I'm gonna use my weights....I keep forgetting that.  I did get a lot of walking done while at the hospital yesterday.  I had to get re-activated into the system and everyplace I had to go was a long distance apart.  I was glad for the opportunity to do some moving.  For every negative, there is a positive.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all!  I'm really tired today.  I spent almost 5 hours in the car yesterday and it was really hot here, which makes car rides miserable.  I had my ac cranked as high as it would go and it wasn't enough.

There was a shooting in the park in my neighborhood and a 17 year old kid was killed last night.  I literally slept right through it.  I woke up around 1030 to go to the bathroom and was wondering why all the police cars were parked right outside my bedroom window with their stupid lights on.  Now I know.

I have a dance lesson today, so that will be my exercise.  

Too tired to type anything else, so I hope you have a good day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Morning!  For the last couple of weeks - think this is week 3 - I have been going on a 20 minute walk in the mornings.  I walk 2 days, rest 1, etc.  This week I added a day so have walked 3 will take tomorrow off, then walk 3 days, etc.  I've also added a bit of distance this week which, obviously, adds a bit of time too.  Charged up my Fitbit and that helps to keep me focused.  I will continue to add distance and time until I get up to 30 to 40 minutes, 5 to 6 days a week.  The weeks I go into the office though, time is limited so walks are shorter but the weeks I work from home I can increase it.  It's a start and am beginning to look forward to my early morning walks. 

Last week I had Montague at the vet for senior check-up, blood tests, urine test and culture, etc.  Then had a plumber come out to snake my bathroom sink and asked about the funny noise my toilet was making.  Well needed a new toilet.  So between those two things, it was an expensive week!  Last night my kitchen sink backed up!  Thank goodness I walked into the kitchen while the dishwasher was on as the sink was filling up!  Stopped that real quick.  It did drain but called the plumber to make an appt for today.  Ugh.  We did have a chuckle about his having to come back out today.  Told him next week I'd try and find something else he could come out and fix.  Goodness be.  Isn't home ownership grand?! 

Take care and hope everyone has a nice day.

Respected Contributor

Happy Hump Day!  Beautiful day here only in the 60's, can you believe that!  Same tomorrow.  So nice to not have the AC on

Today I did a little on the reformer and a doggie walk.  Back still tight...seems to be the story of my life right now..

@JudyL  Hoping Montique gets a good report back from the Vet.   Plumbing issues are not cool and so expensive!!

@DrKelli  was the shooting gang related or random.  It scares me so bad!

@Mmsfoxxie I hate the masks, hot and I can't breath in them.  Then I say well would you rather be on a vent because you didn't like your mask.  ya know!  

Need to mow the yard, trying to get hubby out there to do that tonight!

I'm so dumb.  I ordered what I thought was a new tablet right?  Well it was a cover, can you believe that.  It was 65$ and I opened it and it was the keyboard and cover and I said to hubby where is the Ipad..  duh I didn't order an Ipad only a case and keypad.   I don't know how to do this ****** I swear!   My Chromebook is getting outdated and will no longer be protected from virus's so I thought I"ll get a Ipad and keyboard instead now.  Well now I have a case DUH

Honored Contributor

😂.  Lol....sometimes it happens @bopper.  You must not have noticed the $65 price.

I still wear my mask when out, too.  But not three or four hours.  Luckily the hospital is cool.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Flow for Hips yoga today. Have a good Thursday.

Respected Contributor

Good morning all!  Thought I'd get here early so I don't forget.

I have my trainer workout in about 45 minutes.  My knees feel like they are super swollen because of the heat, so I hope we don't do a lot of leg work.

@bopper the information that I have heard is that there was an argument and the suspect basically shot the victim.  The victim's mom was on the news and said he had gone there after work--which kind of explains the pizza box sitting in the gazebo area--he was shot pretty near there.  They don't know who the shooter was, but the area is supposed to have security cameras, so I hope they find something.  It's very sad.

I'm a little sad about our showcase--they've only sold about 20 tickets for each performance and I know the venue had to cost them a lot more than that.  Unfortunately, all my people that would come are on vacation--I don't think they considered that when they scheduled it.  We're still working on the ending of one of our performances.  And I don't have the first trick of the ending down yet.  And only one more lesson before the final tech rehearsals next week. . .

Hope you all have a good day!!

Trusted Contributor

I read yesterday Denver is gonna have a couple of weeks- yes, weeks of  90 plus degree weather.. I  dont' live in Denver, but  the front range is gonna be hot. I know it's July and not an unusual thing.. but I am having to revamp my walking times. I am out between 7 and 7:30 am and its still too warm for me. I'd go earlier,but I am at the rec center  5- 6:30ish.

Yeah, I'm whining. I suppose it would be somewhat ok if  it rained a few of those days.

My bike is in the  shop- the other day I  was coming back from a longer ride and the back tire went soft.. I made it home mostly walking it.. Not a fun adventure. Suffice it to say, it's getting a new tire- new inner rim liner and inner tube. Biking is really great till that happens. And my pride wouldn't let me call someone- oh, no- had to make it home on my own! HA!

Haven't been posting as much- lazy more than anything- do read the posts though.

Have a good day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Hey all, do you want to hear what our temp was this morning.... okay I'll tell ya.  42, had to turn on the furnace.

It's up to 77 now though.  I turned on the AC, so in 1 day I had the heat on and the AC only in the UP! 

I had lunch with my son and my 6 year old GD today after a short Pilates routine.   

Friday tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

Did Revolution yoga this morning. Almost to my 150 minutes with three days to go. 

Planning on doing the yard after work this afternoon. We'll see.  

Have a good Friday.