Trusted Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Happy 4th... Nothing going on for me..  My 43rd Annv . was yesterday- went out for breakfast- wasn't very good. We vowed not to return  and it was our go to place. 

We rode our bikes there and then took a longer ride..  we rarely ride together..  have different paces-  I usually ride solo..  was nice though.

@Mmsfoxxie  My pedi is $35. And I make and appt every month with the same person. Happy with her.. it's a regular nail salon place and I tip her well.

@bopper  sorry your back is out of sorts. Sounds like you are doing all the right things.

I have hiked once and am going again this Thurs with a couple of friends. Picked up  more biking lately. 

Our rec center is open today but not till 10-  Much too late for me.. HA!  

Back over there tomorrow.

Have been toying with getting a plane ticket to see my Mom in NY  at the end of Aug. but the news has the airlines in such a mess I am hesitant.  Anyone been flying lately and finding what the news is saying an exaggeration? I haven't seen her since pre pandemic -it's time.  Driving is just too long and too far from CO.  she's 93!

Enjoy the day everyone..

Honored Contributor

Yoga for Center this morning.

Enjoying my day off. Washed the car and got laundry done. Enjoying the rest of a quiet day until it's back to work tomorrow. 

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone!  Wanted to stop by and wish all of you a happy July 4th.

Sounds like everyone is doing well.  @bopper sorry to hear your back is bothering you.  Hope it feels better soon.

@violet runner - I haven't travelled recently but know someone who has and she had a problem with missing her connecting flight - she was flying internationally.  Think if you could fly direct you'd probably be ok.  At least if your plane leaves late, you won't have to worry about missing your connection.

@Laura14 - glad to see you are still doing Adrienne's yoga.  Saw that she has some new beginner videos out.  Those are more my speed when I do her yoga. 

I'm doing fine.  Still working the one week from home/one week in the office schedule.  My DD has been really sick for the last 2 weeks but keeps testing negative for Covid yet it sure seems like she has it.  She saw the Dr yesterday and test came back negative again.  Changed some of her over-the-counter meds and Dr said if DD isn't better in 4 days, then they will start her on antibiotics.

Take care!

Respected Contributor

Happy 4th everyone!  It's raining here lightly but enough to dampen everything going on.  The parade is still happening but I don't want to go and the lawn chair isn't my friend right now with this tight lower back.  My husbands brother is playing in a band at our Food fest by the harbor and he wants to see that so perhaps I'll try to go with him for a short while.

I did do some rehab exercises for my back on the rebounder and stretching.  I can walk okay it's getting up and down that bothers my back right now.

I hate flying which is why we never go anywhere and we are going in November and I am already dreading it.  I want to see my grandsons so we have to go and then I worry about Logan the entire time were gone.  

@JudyL  good to hear from you.  I hope they can figure out what your DD has.  That's terrible she has been feeling like ****** for 2 weeks.

Nothing else going on here today.  Stay safe and hoping the fireworks don't scare to many animals and people who suffer with PTSD....

Honored Contributor

@JudyL I was wondering about you. Glad to see you checking in. I hope your daughter gets well soon and I think your retirement is not far off. Big vacation upcoming too, right? Enjoy! 

I did Yoga Belly this morning. Pretty tame one but I have been really sore all weekend and I am not sure why.

Actually excited to get back to work today. I have a lot going on personally and I think emotions have caught up to me big time.I need a vacation so badly but no idea where to go that I can afford. Everyone wants money even just to go to the beach. It would cost me $8 a day to park. Are we kidding? I thought my home state of Jersey was bad with shore prices and GA ain't the Jersey shore. No boardwalks. Thought I'd drive to Iowa but I may not come back if I go that far away. Smiley Very Happy 

Everyone enjoy your week and return to routine. Heart

Respected Contributor

Happy Tuesday!   Today still nursing my back still but did the rebounder health bouncing and some light jogging, Pilates reformer, spin and stretching for tight IT band.  That bugger is so tight..

@violet runner  Happy Anniversary!

@Laura14  I hear ya!   We can't afford to go anywhere.  Luckily my son pays our airline tickets to CO to see our grandsons or we probably wouldn't be going at all.  Could never drive there with the gas prices.. 

It's dark and dreary here and light rain and the fireworks were rescheduled for tonight because last night it was raining.  However it didn't stop my moran neighbors from shooting them off for 2 hours last night.  My poor dog still doesn't seem right.  Very timid...I hate them!

Well guess I"ll sit for a bit.  Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

I was wondering about you. Glad to see you checking in. I hope your daughter gets well soon and I think your retirement is not far off. Big vacation upcoming too, right? Enjoy! 

Hi @Laura14 - Sorry to hear you have so much going on.  Its exhausting emotionally so take care of yourself.  My retirement looks like it'll be the end of this year.  Keeping fingers crossed all works out.  Although if truth be told, no matter what I'm retiring at the end of the year and told my financial adviser as much too.  Not sure he was too happy to hear that.  LOL  I'm so done and so ready.  My big Africa trip is actually end of July 2023.  Poor trip has been put off every year since early 2020.  Booked this darn trip in March of 2019!   Remember to breathe and to take care of yourself.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations @JudyL ! I was thinking it was September you would be a free woman but end of year sounds great too. You give me hope. Smiley HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Congratulations @JudyL ! I was thinking it was September you would be a free woman but end of year sounds great too. You give me hope. Smiley HappyHeart

@Laura14 - you're going to laugh.  It was supposed to be this past month, June, but I decided it made more sense to wait until Dec.  Every. Single. Day. I wonder about that decision though. For a year I had it in my head that I would retire in June of 2022, then in May that changed.  Its been a difficult adjustment.  A friend said, it's like being pregnant and getting to within a couple of weeks of your due date only to be told by your Dr he made a mistake and you have a few more months to go.  HAHAHA

Honored Contributor

@JudyL The end is in sight! Smiley Very Happy