Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Was going to do a wak today as its my 3rd day but my energy level is really low so decided to rest instead.  I have exercised 5 days this week and that is really good for me so don't feel too bad.  If the mood strikes, I may do a simple walk around the block just to get outside or I may do some upper body work with my Arena bands.  Would like to keep the momentum going of my 3 days/1 day schedule.

Hope you all have a good Sunday.

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday!   It's warm and muggy today.

I did the reformer for 45 minutes and a doggie walk.  

Grilling a pork tenderloin now and making salads for dinner. 

I made some carrot energy balls for my healthy snack this week.  Found on Pinterest, shredded carrots, seeds, oats, PB, dried fruit.

Hoping we all have a good week ahead.

Honored Contributor

Did a long walk this morning before work. Will try to get in some yoga or something else tonight afterwards.

Have a good week.

Respected Contributor

Good morning all!  I had to come into the office to 'clean' it out.  We're going to a 'hotel' office plan--where you come in and take whatever office is available.  I don't like this idea because I work with a lot of confidential documents.  I did manage to get all my stuff into the 2 drawers alotted though.  I probably won't be coming into the office very often. I can work from home and have all my stuff out where I need it.

I did LaBlast on Saturday and did not do one thing yesterday.  Every night this week, I have rehearsal for our showcase this weekend, so I will get some exercise in then.  It's supposed to be 102 degrees here today--it was already warm this morning--75 at 4:30 am.  That is some suckage.

Hope you all have a good week!

Honored Contributor

Good morning.  No walk for me today.  My knees were hurting a lot and felt weak, if that makes sense so another rest day for me or maybe tonight I'll do some work with the Arena bands.

Have a good day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Monday Motivation!

This morning I got on the bike for the first time in a week as was healing my back.   Didn't over do it at all and the ride was 30 minutes and I did 20 minutes but kept the resistance very low and didn't stand up at all.  Still a start.

Then did the reformer with Function Pilates and modified some of that for 30 minutes, a little rebounding on the reformer and a little Pilates chair.

Sorry it's so hot @DrKelli  and the hotel deal.  I'd rather work from home too.  

@JudyL  sorry about your knees, do you have to ice them when they hurt like that.  Pick up some light hand weights and just do arms sitting in a chair maybe.

@Laura14 Still working on my yoga but not doing well LOL 

Bad storms coming tonight

Honored Contributor

Good morning, group.  Sounds everybody's got hot and/or muggy weather.  Yesterday wasn't hot but it was muggy.

Finally got my gas reconnected yesterday morning.  Long story short....Saturday I went to cook breakfast and no gas.  Confirmed with hubby that the auto pay was made.  Finally decided it was the stove because my shower was warm earlier.  Mid morning, my husband opens the front door just to be the nosy neighbor and he sees a tag on the door saying the gas was temporary shut off (Friday) due to an emergency and for us to call to get it turned back on.  Called but prompts kept giving me the run around and finally said call during business hours. Sunday my shower was cool than Saturday.  Monday morning it was totally cold and I just quickly hit the necessary spots.  When I called Monday at 8 am, I was told someone would be there within two hours.  Half hour later, tech came.  I let him know how unhappy I was to have no hot water for two days and that morning.  He said I should have called right away, told him I did.  Turns out, I didn't get to the part of the prompt that said "connect".  I tried the prompt that said "service" and it kept starting over.  Ignorance is not bliss.

Glad your back is better @bopper.  @JudyL, I know how you feel with that knee pain.  Knees are very finicky about being exercised....it's so easy to do too much because you don't know you did too much until later.  But inactivity is not good either

As far as my workout for the day, it will be walking and general workout movements for a minimum of 30 minutes, hopefully more.

Have a great day, everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning!

Wow @Mmsfoxxie what a weekend you had!  Cold showers are not fun.

Today I was able to do 30 minutes of a Leslie Sansone workout.  Foot didn't bother me but did have to modify some because of my knees.  Heart rate was up and FitBit was happy.  LOL  I'll continue to do Leslie Sansone for a little while longer but do want to get back outside as I was enjoying my early morning walks.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone!  It's another hot one here.  

Went to the first tech rehearsal last night and there was a big sign on the door that another student had tested positive for Covid--and I was actually exposed to them last Friday.  So here I sit, hoping I don't get it.  I think after 5 days, you are okay, so I've got one more day.  This is the asbsolute one week that I cannot catch it.

No exercise again today except my stroll around the park this morning.  I don't know if we are doing all routines tonight, but if so, I'll get my workout in then.  It was a lot of standing around last night to figure out the flow of things.  And we had to do it in masks because of the positive covid case.

Not much else to say.  @Mmsfoxxie what a pain.  I hate those automated systems--I just want a human and I don't want to have to listen to the menu, which has changed (sorry--every automated response ALWAYS has that line).

Have a good day all!

ETA  @bopper are you  near Mackinac (sp?)  My BFF always goes up there for a week and is there now.  They don't actually stay on Mackinac--they stay on the mainland side.

Honored Contributor

Yoga for connection today. Somehow I am almost to my 150 activity points for the week and I am not sure how I racked that much up. Probably from all the pacing. It thinks I am taking long walks which I guess I sort of am.

Dentist appointment to break up my work day today. Almost everyone is on vacation so it's been nice. 

Have a good Wednesday.