Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

@DrKelli - we are starting at 3 days a week in the office, 2 days at home for 6 months, then the Firm will re-evaluate the situation and see how its working.  In other words, if the Partners are not throwing a fit because their secty isn't in the office every day - even if they aren't.  Ahhhh, gotta love attys.

I think the vaccines are effective against the Delta variant - nothing is 100% of course - in keeping you from becoming seriously ill but I don't want to take the chance of even getting mildly ill if I can help it.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody.

Just doing a regular workout at my fitness center this morning.  So far, cutting back on exercise classes and the 24.6 lb weight loss is helping my feet a lot.  They still hurt when I sit for an hour or two (yes, I admit to doing that, lol) but that is the nature of arthritis.  Last year, I could barely walk sometimes.  Now if I could just get out of this plateau and lose the other twenty pounds, I might be able to fly, lol.

I'm so glad that I don't have going out to work everyday during this terrible time to be in group settings.  I really worry about the young kids who won't have normal ways to learn interaction with other kids.  My two granddaughters have never been around other kids their age because the adults they are around don't have kids as young as them.

Have a beautiful day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning!

@Mmsfoxxie you've lost almost 25 pounds?!  That's fantastic!!

I had to go to walmart early this morning and fill up my car with gas because I have to drive out to one of our plants tomorrow (early).  I try to get gas in the morning because it is better for the environment.  I picked up 3 dozen donuts for the crew too.

I have my dance lesson tonight so that will be my only workout.  I had to pack my lunch for tomorrow so I didn't forget to--the plant is located out in the boondocks and there are no restaurants very close, so if I want to eat, I have to bring something.

Not much else going on here.  I started a new Phoenix class a couple weeks ago and unfortunately, this is one of the worst ones I've taught.  The first week, only half the students turned in their assignment.  Week 2 was the same and there were team assignments that were a disaster for the most part.  One team--only 2 of the 6 participated and they never did come up with a final project and then the two guys were throwing each other under the bus for the being the reason the project wasn't completed.

Hope you all have a good day!!

Respected Contributor

Hey it's a beautiful day here today 70 and sunny.   This morning I did another Tabata workout using Treadmill at a 10% incline on speed of 3, rebounder, Total Gym, chair and reformer.  Just over an hour workout going from machine to machine and the app tells me when to change and when to rest.   IT makes the workout go fast.   Took a dog walk this afternoon too.

@Mmsfoxxie that's so awesome on the weight loss.   It's incredibly hard at our age to lose weight.   It just is!   You go girl!

I'm wondering if schools will require masks this Fall for kids who haven't had the vaccine like my little Maddie who will start Kindergarten.

I had dinner last night with 3 of my Elementary school friends who don't live here but were visiting the area.  We connected like we did back in the day.  That's pretty special!  IT was actually nice to dress up a little.

Not much going on other than that.   Stay moving!!

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies!

Nothing for me today.  Yesterday I came down with something, don't know what it was but actually had to go offline at work around Noon and go to bed.  Not working today either because wasn't sure I could make it through the whole day without going offline again.  Do feel much better this afternoon.

Will get right back to working out tomorrow though.  Abs are a little sore from the workout yesterday morning.  Glad I got that workout in before I started feeling so sick.

Congrats @Mmsfoxxie on the weightloss.  I've lost about 3 pounds over the past couple of months.  Haven't been real consistent with healthy eating or working out.  One thing at a time.  Change comes slow for me.  LOL

Take care!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.

Thanks everybody but the 25 lb loss isn't enough, lol.  Last March, 2020, I was about 145, moving towards 130, my goal.  In walks the pandemic and I didn't weight anymore...I just ate my cement mixers from Culver's and my caramel popcorn with pecans. All my bone issues escalated.  I decided that I had to stop the over eating.  Got on the scale on Monday, March 29, 2020 and shocked to see 179.6!!  Today I'm 155.  So I need to lose 25 lbs more.  But this plateau won't stop.  Maybe in Vegas when I eat regular food, my system will get off the plateau.  Anyway, my joints are less stressed.

Cardio and weight training this morning.  Have a happy day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey y'all.   Today is cloudy and 70 not to bad compared to many of you. I did another Tabata workout alternating with rebounder, Pilates chair, TG and reformer to round it out.  I have 5 days in a row.  Tomorrow is an active rest day.  Did my dog walk a little bit ago too.

@Mmsfoxxie losing weight at our age is so hard... I struggle a lot and I am a mover and try and eat 80% good.   Still don't lose, I gain even with all I do...Sucks but trying to remember I"m doing it more for health than for how I look on the outside.

@JudyL so sorry you aren't feeling well.   Good idea to rest today.  Some kind of stomach bug and a summer cold are going around so I hear.

I do notice the days are shorter now.   I don't like that but not much we can do about it.

I have Fry pan coming today from the Q recommended by a friend.   So I have chicken thawing and will use it if it comes in time today.

One day at a time my friends!

Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies!

Feeling so much better today!  This mornning I did a combo workout of Yoga by Adrienne and Body Groove.  Its about 40 minutes total I think.

Beautiful day here by the Bay.  Enjoying each and every day that I'm still working from home.  Sept. 13th will be here before I  know it.

Take care!

Respected Contributor

Drive by waving since I'm out at a plant.  And I ate 3 donuts today.  THREE.  I'm getting ready to pack up and head back home, so just wanted to say hi.

Honored Contributor

Bet those doughnuts were good, too, @DrKelli.  Especially if they were glazed.  Hope you're better @JudyL 

@Finally got my father's death certificate.  The courthouse has been on strike....well, the people that do death and birth certificates, anyway.