Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

@bopper glad you are home safe and sound and had a good trip.

This morning I did 30 minutes of Body Groove.  A couple of the routines she did were slower and worked on balance so felt ok going the full 30 minutes.

Yesterday my Montague turned 15!  I've had him 4 years now and he is still my little boy - all 18 pounds of him!  LOL

Gotta run - have a good day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, all.  Still muggy, lol.

Not really doing anything much today except trying to decide is it worth the money to buy a travel coffee maker that takes k-cups to take to Vegas when we'll only be there for three days.  We like coffee when we first wake up and don't want to get dressed and go stand in a line.

The landscaper was finally able to find a break in the rain and sent his crew to trim our hedges and small trees.  It was looking like a jungle around the house, lol.

Have a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday!   Did Total gym, pilates chair and rebounder today.  It's muggy and hot out.

@Mmsfoxxie  I would take a little one if you can.   Although the motels we have been to still have a coffee maker in them.  I just don't like their coffee, it's to strong for me.

@JudyL Happy Birthday to your kitty.  I remember that furry little friend you have!

I'm not doing much else today....to hot out...

Honored Contributor

Good morning, Peeps.

Hopefully, I'll go to my cardio class this morning.  Feeling very lethargic, though.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

Hope you had a good weekend!  I taught LaBlast on Saturday and everyone really liked my new playlist.  The husband of the studio owner even asked my for the playlist because he liked so many songs on it.  Hopefully he convinces his husband to change his playlist more often--he's used the same one since the beginning of the year and frankly, I'm getting sick of it.  I also found out that I will be teaching once a month instead of just randomly subbing.  That's pretty cool that I am getting to teach regularly.

I don't know what I will be doing today--I have to run to the tire store because the low pressue light is back on and I checked the pressure myself yesterday and it is still where it is supposed to be according to the gauge.

Yesterday I bought a heavier dumbbell set at Walmart--it goes up to 20 pounds for each dumbbell and it was only 23 bucks!!  If you bought several individual ones, it was almost 20 each one!!

I would do LaBlast today, but I also have a doctor's appointment across town at lunch and don't want to take advantage of working from home and not actually working.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning Ladies!  A quick check in before signing into work.  30 minutes of Body Groove this morning.  Woke up feeling so achy and creaky and stiff but feel so much better now!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  Didn't do much.  Take care today!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, today is a hot one!  Almost 90.  I took a 3 1/2 mile walk this morning outside before it was this hot and then did the reformer and rebounder.   Doggie walk this afternoon.  About 14,000 steps in.

Tomorrow they said quite a bit cooler.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a good day to be alive, everybody, just because we're still in it.  I get on here sometimes and just whine and whine.  Just so you know that most of the time I've. Very appreciative of my life.

If I wasn't booked for my flight to Vegas, if I didn't want to see my son and granddaughters so much, if it wasn't for the fact that my other two sons with their families weren't coming from two other locations as well...I'd cancel this trip.  So much drama is coming from the daughter in law that lives there that it's making me nervous.  Not to mention that the virus is growing again.  My ex husband will be there.  The two daughters in law are not vaccinated.  I don't know if the daughter in law that lives there has unvaccinated  family members.  But, for the greater good, I'm going.

@DrKelli, glad to hear that you're going to be instructing more.  It's so true that the playlist should be changed often to freshen things up.  Last Wednesday, the Zumba female instructor subbed for the cardio instructor.  Nobody was happy.  Not because she isn't good but we knew we'd get that same Zumba routine that is prepandemic at this point.  Same tired playlist.

Today is Zumba day but with the male instructor.  His routine is different from hers and I question that it's actually Zumba, lol.  The class is very enjoyable as long as I modify the joint jarring movements.

Enjoy your day!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  I did 2 short yoga practices this morning and 15 minutes of Body Groove so about 40 minutes, I think.  

Its a nice, cool, overcast morning here.  Have windows open and enjoying the coolness and the breeze.  Won't get too warm today.

@Mmsfoxxie don't blame you for being a bit nervous/anxious about your trip.  All you can do is protect yourself and sounds like you'll need to keep your respectful distance from your daughters in law.

With this Delta variant getting worse, I'm beginning to wonder if we'll make it back to the office on Sept 13th.  Even though the vaccination rate is high here in the immediate Bay Area, you don't know about the people coming into the City to work.  Our office is being extremely cautious so it'll be interesting to see what they do.  I do know that I'll be wearing a mask on public transit and while out and about for a long time to come.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

Just finished my trainer workout and I'm wiped out!  I found a dumbbell set (I might have mentioned this) at Walmart, so worked out with heavier weights today and boy, do I feel it!!  

I have a dance lesson tomorrow, so that will be my workout.  I thought I'd lost a bit of weight, but nope, the scale has not budged.

@Mmsfoxxie I'm sorry you are stressing about your trip.  I know you want to see your grandkids.  I know you will be careful about masking if you need to--I'm glad you are vaccinated.

@JudyL I know what you mean about returning to work.  We're supposed to go back on the 7th, but of course, that is the day I'm taking my mom back to the airport, so I will be late getting into the office.  We're starting with 1 day a week that we have to be there and then our boss can set a second day.  I'm telling my boss that he doesn't need to set that second day because there is no reason for me to be there.  I'm concerned about the variant because the vaccine may not be effective against it.  

@bopper hope you have gotten settled back in from  your trip!  Next time, we need to meet up for coffee or something!

Hope you all have a good day!!