Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

May be an image of one or more people, sky and text that says 'sometimes YOU JUST know it's TIME to start SOMETHING new and trust THE MAGIC OF new beginnings'

Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Glad you started this thread~I haven't posted for a while on the Exercise threads but have been working out nonetheless.

Yesterday I did a YouTube Marjolein Brugman Pilates Cardio rebounding, 20 min. routine that kicked my butt!!  I'm hoping if I do that a few times a week, shooting for 3, along with other things I do...it will kick the excess pandemic poundage OFF my butt!! 🤣

I've also been doing light free weights again, and arms and legs on reformer, and standing routines, sqauts, abs, pushups etc.

Today, HEATWAVE!!...Did 30 minutes on my indoor bike with air blasting. Also did some legs and arms on my reformer.

The bigger change that was needed is to get better about my eating consciously. I'm a healthy eater, but over pandemic got on the carb bandwagon again. So I'm lowering carbs, sugar intake and upping protein again. I lost 23 lbs following a healthy eating plan a few years ago, gained some back during Covid. Have lost 6 then plateaued...want to lose about 8-10 more, but will be happy with 5 for starters!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everyone.  Still got rain yesterday but it has lessened a lot.

I had a good workout yesterday at my fitness center along with a few laps of walking.  Going back this morning for another workout.

My father's burial was yesterday without family attendance.  A few family members were surprised at that...not that THEY were going to go.  Traditions, I guess.  One of my nephews was quite nasty to me when he messengered me privately on FB.  And his mother said something negative about me not letting who son not know arrangements of the funeral when in actuality, two of my sisters had talked to them.  They live in another state and they could have shared info with each other.  I couldn't personally contact every dog gone relative.  None of them called him when he was in the nursing home.  Or when he was living in his house along, for that matter.  Funny how, after you're dead, you become extremely important to some people.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

@Mmsfoxxie it has been my experience that death brings out the worst in people.  You did what you needed to do and it is done, so whatever anyone thinks about it--well, it's too late now.

I got in my dance lesson last night--it was a good one.  My partner and I have come up with a fun project to document next month's dance.  We're going to do an Office style 'mockumentary'.  I love doing creative stuff like that and I told him that we should make it a recurring series.

I don't know what I'll do for a workout today--I need to take some returns to the post office and to the UPS store--QVC is only using USPS now, and my mailbox isn't big enough for the box, so I have to go to the actual post office.  I live in a small town and parking around the PO stinks.

I'm thinking about going to the movies tonight.  I want to see In the Heights and it looks like today may be the last day it is in our small theater.

Hope you all have an excellent first day of July!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  No workout for me today as I'm not feeling all that great.  Started yesterday and could just be that I'm tired.  Anyway, felt this morning that I should take a rest today.

@Mmsfoxxie sorry to hear that your relatives are giving you such a hard time.  You did what was best and they should all just shut up.

Hope you all have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Thursday!   This morning I did some on the reformer, almost an hour on the chair and my TG squat.   Held a plank for 100 seconds, did 30 minute stretch routine the rebounder to finish.

I just walked Logan and a mama deer.  She was eyeing me up too.  Probably babies near by and Logan didn't see it or smell it.

I hate to say this but we are chilly.  I had a sweatshirt on.  60 is the temp out.

@Mmsfoxxie  family sucks sometimes.   They come out of the woodwork during times like this, when they never bothered to reach out during the time he was alive!  Glad you had a good workout at your fitness center though.

@amyb  happy to see you again.  You'll get it in gear!  You already have a plan and know how to execute it!

@DrKelli  I hope you get to go to the movies.  What town are you in?  Sounds like your dance went off well too!!

@JudyL  sorry you aren't feeling great.  I hope by resting today you will be back at it tomorrow.

I'm getting nervous about my little trip.  I hate flying....so I won't be posting while I'm gone but you all know I"ll be moving about the best I can.

Honored Contributor

Morning, everybody.  Gonna be a beautiful day in the seventies here!  And last night was the first night it didn't rain some in almost two weeks!

I don't think I'll do a workout today.  I've done everyday this week, though.

I have to go to the nursing home one last time because they say I have to actually go through his things and say I don't want them.  (Probably have to sign off).  All I want is the tv I bought him last year.  The recliner chair and any clothing, they can keep.  He has almost $400 left in his account for incidentals....of course I'll take that, lol.

Hubby went to the funeral home yesterday to pickup my father's flag.  I'm going to buy a display case for it.

Well, enjoy your Friday, peeps.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Yea!  Its a long weekend; have Monday off.

This morning I did one of the Body Groove routines on the new DVD I ordered.  It was 23 minutes and a couple of the songs were slow for working on balance and cool down so felt ok doing the whole 23 minutes.  Had to modify some of the faster songs but made it through!

Not much else to report here.  It has been so wonderfully cool and foggy in the mornings here and the afternoons have been pleasant.  So windows are open and I'm enjoying the Bay side fog and coolness.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Respected Contributor

Hey happy 4th of July Eve!   I  did 30 minutes on the Cellerciser anda 48 minute Pilates chair workout.  Good and sweaty one!   Then hubby and I walked around by the lake.  It's very warm here today.  We know it was coming though.

@Mmsfoxxie  its sad going through their stuff even though I know the relationship you had with your father.   I'm happy you are getting the flag though!

@JudyL sounds very pleasant by Bay!  

Take good care everyone!  Happy 4th

Honored Contributor

Have a wonderful, peaceful Sunday, everyone!