Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Hey y'all.    @Laura14  thanks I follow her video of the day and somehow must be mixed up on the days.   I did Yoga Burn Core and then the 30 minute Yoga Burn workout and walked Logan, did the treadmill this morning too and a little TG.

Well the yard was like mowing a field.  Thought I may have to get the John Deere out!   ( if we had one LOL )

That truely is a good idea to have a grief journal to release all your feelings.   Thank you for sharing that with u s.  

It's 87 and very humid here, my glasse fogged up going outside.

The pushup challenge is done like this: 25 pushups everyday for 25 days and it's to support mental illness or whatever group you support to to speak.  I am on day 7 today.  Each day I do them a little differently,, like off the big ball, or off the TG, or just on the floor or the steps.   Just do them everyday and hold yourself accountable.   

Did you get the L&L TSV?    I love your fridge and the organization.   Are you a L&L Addict  LOL....    I can see how that can happen.  Do you like the glass sets?  I haven't tried the glass.  

I saw something interesting today.  You know how berries get moldy so fast when you get them at the store in the plastic containers.   It said put a paper towel in the bottom of the glass jar ( they suggested glass jars) and then wash your berries and put them on top of the paper towel.  Said they last much longer and won't get moldy.  So I did that with my blackberries today.   I had to throw out a lot of raspberries that I had only gotten 3 days ago because all moldy.  I didn't tell hubby, he'd have a fit.   

Any who waiving to everyone!  Be safe!

Honored Contributor

@bopper Thanks!  I will get on my push ups right away.  Sounds like a quick and easy thing to add to my routine.  

I do not see the tsv.  I know nothing of what you speak.  I am going out to dinner tonight so I miss ITKWD.  😂

You buy two sets and a couple of pitchers and I am walking the streets in a trench coat looking for LocknLock.  Here Chris Pryme...here QVC...

I have not tried the glass.  I never heat anything in plastic so I really don't have a reason to switch.  I do have a glass covered bread pan that I love.  Not LnL though.  Ooooh, do they have one?  I bet my bread wouldn't spoil as fast.  

@DrKelli I am so sorry about her brother.  I mean really, God, enough!  

@Mmsfoxxie Yay on progress!  And I am glad you are making use of your fitness center. It helps whoever the owner is and I am sure they are stressed enough.

My teeth are gorgeous!  So happy to get that done in case it all shuts down again.  She played Prince for me.  No Darling Nikki this time.  I reminded her to skip it this time.  LOL

Have a good evening all!

Honored Contributor

One last thing.  I just checked Adriene's yoga schedule and tomorrow is a headstand routine.  Who's doing it with me?  🤣🤣🤣. This is one I need to just video and post.  😂

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli Prayers being sent for your friend and her family.  Awful, awful, awful.  Is this h*ll on earth right now?!

@Mmsfoxxie I would freak if my stuff was out on the lawn.  Hold your breath and think how beautiful everything will be when it's done!

@Laura14 Journaling is a great release for sure!

@JudyL We definitely have a great bunch of gals here....and it is truly a blessing!

Trail run 6.58mi/1hr 13min.

My husband got hours cut by a client.....about half his income.  So, he's giving me stuff to do instead of paying an associate attorney.  I hope this tides us over.  I put my foot down on going out and getting a job right now amidst a surge in covid cases here.

I just don't need the anxiety of going into homes.  So I'll work toward getting up on CA law and ethics coursework, apply for a license and be ready to interview if need be.  Lawd have mercy...one more bad thing happens then I'm gonna need a therapist!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good afternoon.

Was going to do Adrienne's equestrian practice today but haven't gotten around to it yet.

@DrKelli I am so sorry about your friend's brother.  This year has been so awful for so many.  It just needs to stop.  Stop right now.  

@Laura14 well I saw a set of Lock n Lock that is just what I was looking for to use in my pantry.  Had I only waited before buying that other set.  So do I buy the pantry set anyway and keep the other stuff for whatever comes along or just live with what I've got.  Seems silly to buy another set but the sizes would work better. I'm going to stop thinking about it.  What's done is done, what's bought is bought.

Not feeling life today.  DD is at the funeral and burial for her boyfriend and my heart is aching for her.  Hope she does ok today.

Be safe and take care!

Honored Contributor

@MickD   Can you get this thread a group rate for that therapist?  I am not kidding.

@JudyL If you found a set that works better for you, get it!  You got the most popular color.  I guarantee if you put that set on Ebay or a local marketplace, you could probably get $50 for it easy plus shipping and double your money.  

And I am so sorry for your daughter.  

I came across something Dr. Amen put on his Instagram today which I stumbled upon myself when I really went through it a few years ago.  It got to the point where I had to take everything that reminded me of my loved one and placed it in the basement so I wouldn't see it.  I can not tell you how much that helped me just breathe. 

Get rid of nothing.  Just place it out of sight.  He has a big neurological explanation for it but basically you just stop triggering yourself to grieve all the time and get a break.  Something else to pass along that may help.  Heart      

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 thank you for your suggestion re putting things away.  My DD actually told me Monday that she has stopped looking at the photos, Facebook posts, texts, listening to her boyfriend's voicemails, etc., to give herself a break and she said it was helping her.  She said she wasn't going to delete them, she just wasn't going to look at them or listen to them for now.  I thought that was a healthy step in the right direction.

You're right, I should just order that set.  It isn't expensive and I could give some of the other set to my DD if she wanted it or even see if the food pantry kitchen at my church would want some.  Because of COVID they aren't having their usual Tuesday grocery give away but when things open up again, they will and may find them useful.

This group has had enough grief and loss.  I'm done with this year.  It sucks big time.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Throw away nothing. Just hide it for a bit. Hugs to you both. ♥️
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  The hits keep coming--one of my good friends lost her daddy last night.  As my friend put it--2020 can go burn itself in a dumpster fire.

I had a good lesson last night--the instructor told me the jive is looking pretty good and gave me a high 10!  Now it's just little things that we are working on.  We still don't have the waltz done yet and I'm all JAMES. WE HAVE ONE MONTH.  It takes me some time to learn the choreography before I can start adding character and finesse.  Then I had a waltz techniques class.  I was the only one in class last night so it was basically a private lesson.

I'm badly in need of more coffee this morning.  No exercise planned--I've had a lot this week already and I've still got 3 hours of dance.  I was telling the instructor I've lost another pound (making it about 6 pounds since quarantine started) and he said "I was going to ask you because I can tell in your face that you've lost some weight".

I wish you all a better day and pray for an exit to these dark times. May we all be able to share the light with others that we find amongst our group.

Honored Contributor

OMG, can we order our "I survived 2020" t-shirts now or would that be too much hope and arrogance that there is going to be a 2021 and we will all live to see it? 

I can see the NYE Times Square 2020 signs now.  They might have to get the censors ready.  I say someone sponsor a big giant middle finger prop to pass out to anyone in Manhattan.  We can all salute the ball until midnight.