Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

@JudyL So I was reading my chapter last night and it was on nutrition.  Dr. Amen mentioned beans or lentils as blood sugar reducers.  Recommended because of their high fiber content.  It's a good carb!  Lol

I thought it was funny we were all talking about it and I pick up my book last night and it's a nutrition chapter.  

Did my yoga for the spine today.  This month is very much breathing and soft yet challenging moves.  

I definitely think that is helping along my stress reduction as well.  He has a breathing method which I have picked up and it really does calm you down when you need it.  Kind of fascinating how the brain and body do work when someone tells you all about it.

Anyway, hope you all have a great start to the week.  Gonna enjoy my last day off before the work week begins again.  

I have to say I have talked a lot about stress decreasing and it is actually my attitude and getting over things quicker that I am learning to do that is really beneficial.  Even yesterday which would bother me forever, I am really over it after removing myself from the situation last night and on to a new day.  Feels good.  😊

I be growing myself up, man!  🤣

Honored Contributor

@JudyL I wanted to pull this out for you.  According to the nutrition chapter, to help balance blood sugar, he recommends high fiber and protein.

Black, kidney, navy, and pinto beans

Chick and green peas

Hummus which I think is mainly chickpeas

Lentils

I think most of those pastas are made with lentils and/or chickpea.  I have a chickpea one and mung bean one left to try.  The red lentils were really good.  

Didn't realize he had a food plan in here for a better brain but there is part of it for you.  I know my cholesterol goes down when I eat beans.  I think the high fiber pulls the fat out of the blood.  Must do the same with sugar.  

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@Laura14 , I'm so sorry about your uncle.  My thoughts are with you and your family right now.

Well, I had a fun 4th of July weekend.  On Friday, my garage door popped off one of the rails--at 4:00.  On a holiday weekend.  i got ahold of someone that has been recommended on my Next Door neighborhood, but of course, he was headed out of town.  He said he would try to come by Sunday, but then I got a text from him late yesterday that he and his friends had gotten a truck stuck and were waiting for a tow and that he wouldn't be back until late, so he said he would call me today.  If I don't hear from him by noon, I'm calling someone else.

And then the fireworks--Kevin is afraid of them and they went from 7:30 until after midnight.  These were the illegal ones.  Evidently, local polilce and fire departments were overwhelmed with complaints and fire calls.  I get it--we're all tired of covid and quarantine, but seriously, people don't need to act like idiots.

I've lost another pound!! I know this doesn't seem like much, but it has been very difficult for me to lose weight.  I'm sure it is because of all the extra dancing I've been doing.  I do need to make sure I'm doing more weight training though because I don't want to lose muscle tone.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone!  Quick check-in before I log on at work.

This morning I got up and did 2 of Adrienne's workouts.  Did the Transition practice and today's Spine practice.  Oh my, taking 3 weeks off certainly did set me back quite a bit.  Feels like I'm starting at the beginning again.  Oh well, I'm just happy that mentally I felt like I wanted to do something.  Will try and do 2 practices a day until I get caught up.  Wouldn't mind doing some of the practices from June too but will save those for another time.

@Laura14 your post about growing up made me laugh.  I found the book on Amazon and have it on my wish list cuz I know I have an Amazon gift cert somewhere and just need to find it.  Thats good news about lentils and beans.  I did see a chickpea pasta at the store too.  While I love hummus, it doesn't like me as it has garlic in it and I'm allergic to garlic so can't eat it.  I had always heard that beans were good because of their fiber but didn't know/think about the other things you mentioned.

Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 ok found the gift cert and ordered the book by Dr. Amen.  If you only knew what my last name was, to be reading a book by Dr. Amen, would make you laugh.  Was hoping I'd get it in the next day or so, but it won't be here until Friday.  Hope Amazon's shipping is better than the Q's.  Still haven't received 2 orders I placed on June 16th.

Honored Contributor

I did run on 7/3.....posted on the June thread....because I'm a dumarss..

Hot already this am .....84.  Did a trail run  6.22mi/1hr 9min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear uncle.

....and the hits just keep on comin.....when will it stop?

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD I know.  The black cloud over this group needs to rain itself out.

@JudyL Yay!  I hope it's as helpful for you as it has been for me.  I got mine from Amazon too.  They were pretty quick about it and I am not a prime member.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 rec'd my other set of LocknLock today and thought of you as I was putting stuff away.  Didn't use all of them so have extras for something else down the road.  What I did learn was - I do not need any more LocknLock.  LOL  

Honored Contributor

@MickD I don't know when it'll stop but I am done with all of it and ready for life to even out a bit.  Not sure that'll happen any time soon though.  As you know things are ramping up here in CA so wouldn't be surprised if our Gov shuts us down again.

I'm so thankful you all are here.  We support and encourage each other, help each other out and even make really good recommendations too!  This is a great group and coming here every day is so nice.  A bit of an oasis in all the storms of our lives.  Thank you ladies, I so appreciate all of you.