Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Good afternoon!  Ladies, OH MY WORD, the concert was beyond fabulous, magnificent, and everything wonderful.  Paul played for 3 hours straight, no breaks.  I screamed and yelled and my feet never stopped moving the whole time.  Of course he sang "Hey Jude" and I know he was singing it specifically to me.  LOL   It was a magical night that I will never forget.

@nomless did you know that Sir Paul has a new CD out?  It has pretty good reviews on Amazon.  May treat myself next payday.  

Didn't get home until well after midnight so with two late nights in a row, I am so glad I had already planned to take today off.  I'm still in my jammies and its 1:30pm.  Do have to shower and get dressed tho as I have a Dr. appt at 4:00.

@Mmsfoxxie glad to hear that granddaughter's surgery went well.  

Better get a move on and have some lunch and start thinking about getting ready for the doctor's.

Respected Contributor

@JudyL , glad you had a great time. He does a great show, clearly loves it. All the guys are great....love watching the all.

Yes, the new CD has been out for ahwile. It's the only one I don't have. 

Honored Contributor

@nomless  do you by any chance have the "New" CD or the "Chaos in the Backyard" (think that is the name of it) CD by MACCA?  I saw those on Amazon and they seemed to get good reviews so was wondering if you had them and what you thought.

Sorry to everyone - promise this is my last non-workout question!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everyone.

@JudyL, gosh, I meant to mention your daughter in my last post but my mind was racing.  I’m so glad it wasn’t serious.  How about her husband?  We’re the McCartney tickets a fortune?

@bopper, I know your daughters knows how lucky she is to have a trouble free pregnancy.  I don’t think I realized during pregnancies how blessed I was to just have morning sickness, lol.  

@Laura14 , I read some of your thread about insurance coverage (or should I say lack of coverage).  My son and his family are going through similar problems.  I cringe to think about the medical bills from their baby’s medical issues.  I have Medicare now which I appreciate, of course, but the best insurance I had was when I worked.  I had copays but they were small.  My pharmacy copay was $5 unless it was name brand.  Now, it’s a surprise every time I get medication.  I’m sure you know about tiers.  But younger people are being robbed these days and I know I’m in a better place.

Senior Cardio this morning!  Woo, woo!  I might do some walking, too.  I’m counting it all joy this morning!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

It is already hot here this morning.  Super hot.  I'm glad I'm out of here in 4 hours.

My workout yesterday was good.  Tomorrow, I'm going to LaBlast (if they don't cancel it again) and then to the pool with the neighbor kids.

I have some hopeful news--yesterday when I washed my hair, I lost about half what I have been losing.  It's still a lot of hair, but it is less than what HAS been falling out.  3 years ago, I was just diagnosed and got the shots and within 6 weeks, my hair stopped falling out at such a large amount.  If my theory about cycles is true, I'm on that downward leg of hair loss and the reduction may be the prednisone and new biotin I'm taking, or it may be that I am at the same point I was 3 years ago and I'm at the end of the cycle.  In any case, I go back to the derm in 3 weeks.

No exercise today, but I always like to stop in and say hi!

Respected Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@nomless  do you by any chance have the "New" CD or the "Chaos in the Backyard" (think that is the name of it) CD by MACCA?  I saw those on Amazon and they seemed to get good reviews so was wondering if you had them and what you thought.

Sorry to everyone - promise this is my last non-workout question!

@JudyL , yes, I have both. Both are good , but like all his newer albums, quite different from what he's done before. I recommend noth.

Brtween the ywo, Chaos is most interesting. It was done during/ shortly after his break up with Heather Mills. IMO, a few of the songs are pointed references to that. some raw emtion peeking through. It strikes me as a very personal album in which we get a peek at the real Macca, behind the show business persona. It takes multiple listenings to get the story this album tells.

New, on the other hand, is a bit more fun.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie   I tell my mother all the time, it's a very different world now especially financially and she and others just don't understand that the younger generations literally can't do what the baby boomers did, especially if you are a single person without a financial partner.  Everything has become unaffordable with no low end options anymore.  You can't take care of yourself with the basics any longer.    

Anyway, I have been a bit of a slug this week although what I've done has been hard core.  I've been achy all week.  I will step it up over the weekend and get some more classes in.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.  

Honored Contributor

@nomless  - Thank you for responding re MACCA CDs.  Going over to Amazon right now.  LOL   Yesterday ordered the new one and should get it today so will let you know what I think.

No workout this morning but going to push myself to do at least 30 minutes tonight after work.

@DrKelli  so happy to hear that you had less hair loss this morning.  Hopefully this is the downward part of the cycle.

@Laura14  I so understand your struggle as I see what my daughter and son-in-law go through.  Luckily they both have health insurance through their work but not sure it covers much.  After her ER visit the other night she said to me "wonder how much this is going to cost us."  I'll help if they need it but when one is in pain like that, one should not have to worry about the cost of medical care!

Respected Contributor

Hey hey it's Friday!,   This morning I rebounded on the reformer for 50 minutes and then did 40 minutes free style, some legs, some abs and some arms.

Logan has a grooming appt. at 2:30 so will run him into the groomer.  He won't be happy but he needs it.  

Judy I'm so glad you enjoyed the concert, you burn calories screaming and toe tapping girl!!

It's so humid here, not super hot but it looks muggy even with the overcast skies you can just tell.

We also have terrible insurance coverage, it stinks.

DrKelli glad to hear the hair loss has gotten less, hopefully this will be improving now!

I'm starving better make me something to eat.   Enjoy your day!

Honored Contributor

Morning, workout crew!

@bopper , we had a few good days here but today we start that hot, humid trend again, too.  I can’t do workouts when it’s like that.  And starting on the 19th, next Friday, all workouts will be outside of the fitness center.  Usually in July they drain the pool and varnish the gym floors only but this year, everything is getting spruced up.  Guess that’s a good thing.  Working out in the sun doesn't sound like something I want to do.  They are giving us the option of going to a sister facility in Indiana but I doubt if I do it.

So glad your hair follicles are finally cooperating, @DrKelli.  Patience, girl, but I think hair grows faster in the summer months.

Zumba this morning.  This class is at 10:15....easy to get to.  The one on Thursday is at 8:15.  I’ve decided to forget about that one.  Have a safe day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)