Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

[ Edited ]

Happy Fourth!!  Its a beautiful day here by the Bay.  Sunny, cool, breezy, just perfect.  This morning I met my daughter and son-in-law to watch a local parade.  It was fabulous.  Love the small town feel of it and then we went to lunch.

Last night someone near me was setting of fireworks until almost midnight.  They are illegal here and were the ones that have a flash and then a loud boom.  They would set one off, wait 10-15 minutes and do it again.  So just as you were falling back to sleep and/or had your animal calmed down, it would happen again.  I was not happy.  Poor Montague wasn't either.  I'm sure tonight won't be any better.  Grrrrrrr

I did get a workout in before I left for the parade - 30 minutes of Pound.  

Don't we have someone here from So. Calif?  There was a good size shaker - 6.4 down there this morning.  Some damage near the epicenter but otherwise the reports seem fine.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning.  I hope everyone enjoyed their Independence Day.

Senior Cardio for me this morning.  That’s it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Found and did my first Zumba class on youtube.  It was an 80s class so I got down with my bad little white self to Janet and Michael and strutted my stray cat.  Thank goodness I will never do that in public but it was a good time.  They even did weights with one song which surprised me.  I did not know that was included in that program.  Nice bonus.

Points off though when they started doing jumping jacks in cool down.  Look up cool down.  Jacks are not a part of it. 

Hope everyone is having a good end of week. 

Honored Contributor

Hahahaha.... @Laura14 , girl you’re a laugh a minute.  But, I’m gonna look for that YouTube video.

This is not exercise related but I feel guilty but not guilty about something and need another person’s perspective:

This morning before my cardio class, I went to this place called Great Clips where I’ve been going for about two years since I started wearing a pixie short cut.  As early as I was, there were two old guys ahead of me and three being serviced already.  As I watched guys hair being cut, I could evaluate how well the cutter was.  Usually, they are about the same.  Of the three being serviced, two of the guys had that male pattern bozo baldness.  One guy had a full head of hair.  Well, the one with the full head of hair wasn’t looking too pleased.  The tech had cut his hair as if there had been a bowl around it.  😂.  Plenty of hair on the top, almost to the scalp around the perimeter.  I happen to know from my last visit that this girl was new because she watched as I got my trimmed last month and was given pointer by the tech cutting my hair.  Luckily, the man was a senior or he probably would have had a fit.  Another tech had to come fix it as best she could.

As luck would have it, when she was done and did her sanitation, she calls my name as her next victim/client.  In my head, I said....no way sister.  I told her that I was waiting on the other tech because she was wearing a style similar to mine.  I thought that lie up really quick and I think she knew I was avoiding her.  I felt bad......thinking I made her feel bad. Everybody has to get experience and maybe I should have just let her do it.  But I keep remembering that man with the bowl haircut and I’m not cute enough to have a bad haircut, lol.  

What would you have done?  Haircuts are only $12 but I might have been a hot mess for a few weeks.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie   You did the right thing.  I had that happen once and I never went back.  Believe me, they would rather you wait for someone you are comfortable with then lose your business all together. 

One of the lessons I feel I keep learning over and over again in my life is that it's okay to put me first sometimes and choose myself over making a stranger comfortable for a few seconds.  They'll get over it and, in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that big a deal.  You got to take care of you or you'll burn out and explode which is what I spent my 4th doing.  I do not recommend that, ever.  It's scary.

I think the video was called 80s night groove class.  It says it's over an hour.  It's not.  It's about 50 minutes maybe with two extra toning videos at the end that I didn't watch.  You get to do the whole rama lama ding dong jive from Grease and Footloose too.  It was a ton of fun and not as strenuous as some of my other classes so I got a bit "extra" to ramp up the cardio at times but not by much.  It's a workout!

They take some of the moves from the videos so Billy Idol and I were fist pumping and jumping in leather together.  Rebel yell it baby!   More more more!!  Smiley LOL 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

Yeah, I found it...Eighties Night at the Groove.  Looks like a good one for one of my home routines.  I’m gonna keep it on my iPad for an emergency workout.  I only watched a few minutes of it, so far.

Respected Contributor

Happy July 5th, our fireworks got canceled because of thunderstorms, scheduled for tonight but we're not going.  Had enough hot temps and humidity and we're already in jammies.  Fine by me!

This morning I did 40 minutes of rebounding, and 60 on the Pilates machine, 180 squats in the challenge I am doing.

@Mmsfoxxie you did the right thing but you had me laughing the bozo baldness and the bowel cuts.  I'd have been a bit nervous as well and you do not want a bowl cut!  How did it turn out after all?  How is your Grandbaby doing?

Our parade yesterday was the pits, mostly cars, a couple bands and it absolutely poured and there we sat in our chairs, no place to wait out the rain, I had a small jacket I put over my head but that soon got soaked so did no good what so ever, it finally stopped and it was so humid and warm after that, it was miserable.  Big let down!   We went home afterward for a little while and then went down to the harbor where the food fest and bands were playing.  We didn't buy anything as it's not healthy and we sat on a bench by the water and people watched.  Then came home.

We're so exciting LOL, I'm forgetting what everyone else said, so I will say so long for now!

Honored Contributor

I was a shopping fool today and walked myself all over picking up some cute workout clothes and new sneaks and some final touches for the new space.  I also pulled out my vegan cookbook I bought a bit ago and I'm going to start making some stuff and meal prepping again.

I did a Power class tonight so I am well worked out.  Might do a trip to Whole Foods tomorrow.  It's a ways away so I've been putting off the road trip.  We'll see how I feel.  I do love the grain free chips and vegan cheese sauce they stock.    

I've been trying to take advantage of free shipping but I found everything local.  Hope everyone is having a good weekend.  

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone.  Didn't do any workouts today.  Was just very lazy.

There has been a very large earthquake here in CA - 7.1 which was preceded by a 6.4 the day before.  They happened in So. Calif out in the desert but I think MickD lives in So Calif so hopefully she checks in soon.

@Laura14 sounds like you had a very successful shopping trip!

Not much else to report.  Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, it's my active rest day.  Mowed the grass and house cleaned.  That's about all too.

@JudyL  did you actually feel any shaking?  My son is working the Dodgers game and said he felt it on the field for about 45 seconds.  I don't know how close the stadium is to where all this happened though.  Scary for sure!

@Laura14  shopping does us all good sometimes, good therapy!

@MickD are you okay?

@Mmsfoxxie  Did I miss the update on your GD surgery on her hernia?  I prayed it went okay.

@DrKelli hows the heat there?  Its only in the lower 60's here today.  Hubby wanted the furnace on, ummm NO!  LOL

Not much else happening here, have a wonderful Sunday!