Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

YEA @Laura14   Good for you!   I did nothing but eat Milano cookies.  LOL  But thats ok, tomorrow is a new day.

Honored Contributor

Sounds good to me @JudyL, 😆.   I have always been a dessert girl....unfortunately.

Oh, Lord.....rain, rain and more rain.  So thankful, though, that the flooding hasn’t hit my neighborhood yet.  Last week, my backyard was I walkable but nothing in the house.

Despite the additional rain expected today, I’m going to enjoy every minute of it!  Hope you all do as well.  @Laura14  and @DrKelli, enjoy your extra time off this week.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!  T-8 houirs until I escape work for the weekend!  Can you tell I'm excited?

Yesterday I had a good workout and today is yoga, which I haven't been to for 3 weeks because I had other things going on.  I'm not missing it today.

Well, my alopecia hasn't let up--I'm still experiencing a ton of hair loss. I was hoping the prednisone would work quickly. Granted, I've been on it less than a week, but when I've taken it before for hives, it worked within a couple of days.  I've got about another 40 days on it. ugh.  It's got some side effects I don't like--I'm jittery as heck and of course, want to eat everything in sight.

Hope you all enjoy your 4th of July--stay safe!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, keep in mind that your hair might be regrowing but you can’t see it yet.  It takes time for the hair growth to come to the surface.  And I’ve heard that hair grows in cycles or phases.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  I am getting some regrowth--the derm spotted a lot when I was in last week.  It is super fine, almost translucent and hard to see, but it's there.  It is really short, right next to my scalp, so that doesn't help.  But I am still losing a lot, which is what I want to stop and that is what the prednisone is supposed to help with.

This will make you laugh--I have a friend who is also a drag queen and I messaged him for some wig wearing tips this morning, such as how to keep the wig in place because I always feel like it slips.  And he wrote back with some tips.  You just never know where you're going to get help.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, it was a Walmart morning, do I need to say more LOL

Came home and did 20 minutes of rebounding on the rebounder and then 150 squats since I am doing a squat challenge through Rosalie Brown's FB page.   I really like the DB Method squat machine too and did some of them on that and the rest on my Total Gym.  Will get in some Pilates this afternoon but no dog walk, it's too hot for him today.

We don't have any plans for the 4th, parade perhaps and there is a festival by the harbor we make take a stroll through but nothing concrete and it's fine by me.  I don't like the fireworks and Logan is afraid of the noise.  My hubby likes it way more than I do.  I don't like the crowds, no where to park, just not my cup of tea!

DrKelli I hope the "roids" kick in for you, they do have some nasty side effects.

Our animal shelter rescued 40 kittens, can you belive that!   Some have been adopted but many left.  So sad!

Enjoy your day everyone, and keep moving!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Its Wednesday but my Friday.  So need this long weekend.

No workout this morning.  Maybe when I get home.  Definitely need it after eating all those Milano cookies!

@DrKelli sorry to hear you are still losing so much hair.  Love who you got wig advice from tho, thats great.

@Mmsfoxxie  and @bopper  and @Laura14  and everyone else, hope you all have a good Wednesday and if I don't check in tomorrow - have a wonderful 4th!

Honored Contributor

Long weekend has arrived for me too!  Although I am working from home on Friday and Monday but I will take it.  We are down an employee so I offered to help cover although I don't think it wil be too bad.

Just finished the yard work and this was the first time believe it or not this year that I almost died of heat stroke.  I've gotten lucky with cloud cover or a breeze so far.  Since they are forecasting summer storms, I decided to get it out of the way and enjoy my holidays.

I know it's not the same @Mmsfoxxie  but my sister just found out that both of her daughters have inherited a blood clotting disorder gene from their father.  He's been hospitalized several times for blood clots which of course are incredibly dangerous.  I told them at least you know and can watch for it.  Nothing you can do about bad genetics.  We all have them.  Had I had children I found out last year I would have passed down a horrible gene and that's the second one I know about.  I guess there was a reason I always knew kids were not for me.

I am literally stiffening up as I type so I am off to the showers and some food.  Hope everyone has a great holiday and @DrKelli I hope you see results soon.  And I am not even going to take a commission when I say your friend and you should start your own line since HSN and QVC are looking for new products to sell.  We'll wave when we see you guys on with Shawn and be your first customers. 

Respected Contributor

Happy 4th of July!

Image may contain: sky, ocean, stripes and outdoor

Honored Contributor

Step class completed for the day.