Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning

The weather here has been pleasant, in the high 60's, and sunny.  I know a heat wave will come at some point as our hottest months are usually Sept and Oct - Santa Ana winds and fire season.

No workout for me today.  Knees are not happy.  May try and do some strength bands later in the day.

Take care!

Respected Contributor

Hey still a nightmare.  Might has well follow a map to get here.  I have 4 tabs open trying to get here!   

I am taking my 2nd rest day.  Active recovery was Vibration plate 15 minutes and a tad of freestyle TG.

Mid 80's here and I know many are triple digits.  What the heck is going on hey?

Hubby has an Old timers softball game at 5 so I"ll go to that.  I'm thinking of bringing the umbrella just to shade me some.

Still having some trouble reading posts but at least I'm here.   I feel like leaving this tab open so I can get here tomorrow faster.    Maybe they are thinking of discontinuing the forums again.

Have a good weekend if I can't get here.  I"m good so don't worry!

Honored Contributor

Work was slow this afternoon so I did some upper body work on the Arena strength bands.  Think I may be feeling it tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good Friday afternoon and survived the heat ok.

Honored Contributor

Wow, what a stormy morning here today.  I hate lightning....scares me to death.  I won't complain about the heat since so many are in triple digits.

So far, no trouble signing on for me but a couple of mornings ago, I got a whole bunch of footers I think their called.  I got off, came back later and no more trouble.

@DrKelli, I think more people get exposed to cvid than we know since most people are careful anymore.  Hope you don't come down with it.

Have an enjoyable weekend everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Rode my bike for 20 minutes. No one has cut the lawn this week so I will probably head out and get that done today too. 

Respected Contributor

Well gals I'm trying here to get in.  Still same issues.   5 minutes later I am here.

Today did 45 minutes on the vibration plate, some sitting, some standing with weights, then did 30 minutes on the reformer.

Bought a new loveseat today.  We literally had no place for anyone to sit.  Hubby wanted to sell our old furniture during the winter because he said it was to big for the room and I told him, not until we find something else.  Well he did it anyways so we have had only 2 recliners in our living room.  We couldn't find anything until today.  We bought a grey love seat that reclines with the cup holders in between the seats and frankly we won't ever be sitting in it because we sit in our recliners but we had to have something for others for when they come over.  

Super humid out but not hot like the rest of you are.  73 right now.

Stay well everyone.  I hope they aren't doing away with the forums again since so hard to get here and others on the FB QVC page have said the same thing.

Super Contributor

I am new to posting on the Exercise Thread.  I try to vary workouts everyday.  This was my week.

Monday - 45 minutes cycle class - 5 miles of walking/jogging

Tuesday - 1 hour Pilates class - 6 miles of walking/jogging

Wednesday - 1 hour power yoga class - 6 miles walking/jogging

Thursday - 45 minutes cycle class - 1 hour Pilates class - 5 miles walking/jogging

Friday - 45 minute cycle class - 30 minute core class - 7 miles walking/jogging

Saturday - 1 hour power yoga class -  9 miles walk/jogging

Honored Contributor

@Suneshine Welcome!

Happy Sunday all. Rode my bike for 20 minutes this morning and hit my second 150 for the week. Double goal. I think half of that is stress heart rate and the other half is exercise heart rate but I guess it all counts.

Enjoy your day. 

Trusted Contributor

Not much new to report.. No hiking- it's been too hot - even getting into the mts its still pretty darn warm. Plus rattlesnakes lurking about.  A storm came through last night and cooled things off and much welcomed rain.  it'll be the first time in about 2 weeks we will have lower than 90 temps.

I have gotten one flat tire and had my bike in the shop getting new tire, tube and liner and am back in business. I have been riding  more  now since I am not hiking.

Adding a few more weights to my rec center regimen.  Heavier too. No noticeable difference, but I'd like to think I'll get benefit from it.

Reading everyone's posts.

Sounds like the forums are acting up.. So far I am getting in.

Have a grand Sunday!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Welcome @Suneshine !  I'm not having any problems either with getting into the Forums unless I try to get here from work computer.  Not sure what is up with that but when I log out of work stuff and log in as just me, LOL, then I have no problems.

Not sure if I'll do anything today or not.  Even when I am consistent and regular with working out, I always take Sundays off.  So now that I am slowly trying to jump back on the wagon, so to speak, seems like today will be an off day.

This coming week is an "office week" as I like to call it so workouts will be limited in time in the mornings but will do best I can.  

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.