Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning!

I did Adriene's yoga for a bad mood this morning.  Not that I am in a bad mood but I do like that practice.  Also did part of another practice but didn't finish it.

Not much going on here - cool, gray, foggy day by the Bay.

Wishing everyone a good day.  Stay safe and well

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!  Didn't run yesterday as the fridge sprung a leak.....slow overnight and did not show on the floor.  However the baseboard on the other side of the wall was puffed out from the wall.  Livid.  Probs with this fridge since May.

Prob no run today as if I don't get out in am before the sun comes out....forgetaboutit.  Just being a slug.  I pulled a pea size glob of earwax outta my ear this am instead and now have a slight ache.....never had probs with that before!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  I can't believe  this is the last day of July.  @bopper don't forget the August thread!! LOL!

Had a dance lesson with the new instructor last night--he focuses on technique.  It was definitely different dancing with him.  I'm supposed to dance several dances with him for the match next month, so he put together a quick routine for Cha Cha.  I definitely need to work on my hip action.

So next week is supposed to be the showcase, but it isn't happening.  However, we are starting to film the dances.  First up will be the ensemble.  I'm still stumbling around.  We did get our dresses though.  I was the only one who picked a stupid dress that laces up the back.  I thought it would have a zipper on the side, but NOOOOOOO.  So it takes someone to help me get into the dumb thing and it's really tight around the waist.  But the dress DOES have POCKETS!!!

I have a training session in about an hour and another dance lesson this afternoon.  And at some point today, I have to go to the grocery store to get my prescription for high dose D2 to see if it helps my joint pain.  It's a once a week drug.

@MickD sorry to hear about your fridge--appliances can be SO annoying!!

Oh--one other good thing--my HOA authorized me to purchase a Little Free Library for our neighborhood.  It got here this week and one of the other HOA board members is going to get it installed.  I hope people treat it with respect.  It will be nice to leave a few books and take a few books!!

Hope you all have a terrific weekend!!

Honored Contributor

TGIF!!!!!!!

@DrKelli You crack me up about the lace-up dress.... it has pockets....hahaha! Yay for the library.....such a great idea!

It is hot here.  This am it was 94 in the sun and 87 in the shade.  A nice breeze from the ocean though.  Steve and I ran 3.36mi/39min.....no way to eke out any more.

Fridge is fixed ...kinda.  The water line in the back for the ice/water function has been replaced for the second time.  He said to look out for future leaks from the line on the inside of the fridge...wuh??  The door gasket is still gaping allowing refrigeration to escape.  We've got it taped.

The repairman will now recommend for a second time (to the home warranty co) that a Maytag repairman come out and change out the gasket.  At some point the fridge will blow and I will have to plead my case over getting a new one....like I had to do for the washing machine.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!  It was a rest kind of day today.   I did get all my steps in but no formal workout.   Got groceries and did house stuff and it's okay.  I've hit it hard.  I did do my pushups though. 

Tomorrow back to the TG and Reformer/Treadmill and yoga.

Appliances are so not cool buying.   I cross my fingers our 35 year old stove stays running.   

Beautiful day here today, 70!  Tomorrow 80 and then Sunday 60's.

I shall start the new thread.   Didn't forget!!   LOL

Stay safe!