Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Good early morning, everyone.  Hubby left at 4 am to get the shuttle bus to O'Hare airport and I got up to see him off.  Didn't go back to sleep.  Retirement really comes in handy at times like this.  I can catch up on sleep later.

That eye infection medication that apparently is made for the rich has done some good already.  Generic meds are supposed to be affordable, though.

Today is my early Zumba Tone morning.  Hope I don't start to doze when I should be getting up.

I hope everybody is doing well or at least recuperating.  How are you @nomless?  I hope you have a close friend or somebody you can share your thoughts with.  Makes a big difference.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, cooler here today and it feels great.  I am done painting, but I have started a pitching ****** phase now.  Got 4 cupboards done, and 4 drawers done.  I'ms sick of clutter and just stuff that if I don't use it often it's going.   

Boy it sure sounds like everyone is feeling kind of crappy, pink eye, and sinus, ear infections, this isn't the time of year for sickness, or should I say I wish it wasn't.  Do what you are told and heal and rest your bodies so you can come back strong and ready to roll.

This morning I did the TG challenge workout, the cardio free one as my hamstrings won't take impact yet but I'm getting a good sweat on.  Been getting lots of activity with the painting, and climbing on the chair and up and down.   

Have dinner all in the crockpot so don't have to think about that.  And kids, its so easy,   Chicken breasts, package of Fiesta Ranch dressing, can of Rotel tomatos, Can of black beans, ( I get the lower sodium and rinse those), can of whole kernal corn with juice, and 1 block of cream cheese, ( I use the less fat one.  Then cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. You can serve over rice or put in tortillias.    I'll let you know how it turns out, first time making it.

Thinking of nomless, Lucy, Laura, hoping everyone is okay.

MickD you take care too, dang you don't have time for this stuff LOL

Foxxie you as well, and I don't have prescription coverage, so I really can't afford much, I hope it clears up fast and hubby doesn't get it.

Judy is your wrist feeling better, take it easy, just do what feels comfortable.

Keep the Faith everyone!!!

Honored Contributor

I couldn't get it out of my head that Walgreens had ripped me off for that tiny vial of eye medication, so I researched in.  I paid $44.22. And was told I saved $42.27 because it retails for $88.49!  I just googled it.  It's called Tobramycin/Dexamethasone Suspension and CVS has it for $112.  With a Good RX coupon, it cost $54 to $51.  Four supplications for five days.  No wonder little old ladies are eating cat food to eat.   After paying for meds, some have no money.

So if both eyes were infected, I'd need TWO bottles!  Why, why, why?  (Where are you, @Laura14?)

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  do I dare say it?  You can thank our gov't and big pharma for your drug prices.  Not just this administration but past ones also.  This country need universal heathcare but probably won't happen in our lifetimes.

Honored Contributor

Good Friday morning everybody.  Wasn't it Friday just a couple of days ago, lol?  Where do the days go.

@JudyL, you're right about where the exorbitant prices come from.  I was just hearing this morning how the drug companies in the U.S. pay to keep a drug in the brand name form longer than it's supposed to be so that we have to pay higher prices longer.  But now, even the generics like I bought are high.  They cited this woman who pays $12 to $14 for a drug outside of the country but when she's here, she has to pay $112!!  Same manufacturer.  This is why last year, my husband had to start going to the VA hospital to get most of his meds even though he has drug insurance.  Cheaper but farther away from home and sometimes has to be sent by mail.

I got through Zumba Tone ok yesterday but I had to use only one lb weight on the arm that I fell on.  Funny how it was more sore yesterday than the day before when I fell.

This morning I'm scheduled for a Senior Cardio class and then maybe a mile or two walk.  Have a great day folks.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  Well, I brought a cold back from Florida.  Wednesday, about 2:30, my throat started getting scratchy and 2 days later, I just feel plain crappy.  I did start Zicam Wednesday night, and I'm sure it has lessened my symptoms, so now I just have to wait it out.  

My mom goes home tomorrow.  I'm sure she will be glad to get home and get back to her regular routine, but then she will be back in 3 weeks for 3 more weeks here.  This is subject to change when she gets the results of her pet scan though--I hope it turns out to be nothing.

I did weight training and Zumba yesterday.  They had a special one time class called Cycle Funk, which was a half hour of spin and a half hour of Zumba.  I was not interested in the spin part, so I did a personal trainer session and then went to Zumba.  I don't think it was very successful.

Mom and I are seeing Mamma Mia 2 this afternoon.  I just love the music.  I'm still worn out--so badly that I ordered my groceries online and will pick them up on my way home today.

Hope you all have a great weekend--waving to all of you!  Nomless, Lucy and Laura--please check in!!!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, it's bluebery fest downtown today but it's also rainy and cool, staying home.  The parking is crazy and it's not worth it to me.

Had a hair appointment this morning, so didn't workout, maybe taking it off.  

DrKelli sorry you feel like ******, that's not what vacation is supposed to be.  Sending good wishes for you mom too.

foxxie hope Senor cardio was fun, hopefully you can get a walk in.

Also wish Lucy, and Laura would check in.  

nomless thinking of you and sending positive wishes your way.

Judy hi and waving, enjoy your Friday!

MickD are you feeling any better?

Waving to all, it's pouring now.  Time for Hallmark movies I think!

Honored Contributor

Good morning all.  Are you ready for the weekend?  It’s going to be in the 70s and beautiful here.

@bopper, how do you like that recipe you tried.  Judging from the ingredients, it had to be good.

I’m debating whether to go to my health center or workout here since I’m pretty sure the Zumba instructor is still on vacation.  The other day, the other Zumba teacher subbed for her but I might not be so lucky today.

Enjoy your day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, it's beautiful here too, 70 and light breeze.  Lots going on in town this weekend.  Up the road is an Italian festival with music and food, and at the lake is an Art festival with jewelry and pottery, and tons of unique art.  I have my 45th class reunion tonight, it's just a casual thing at somebody's farm, undecided about going still though.  I had my pedi this morning, using a gift certificate I had.  That felt wonderful.

Now just sitting thinking what to do until we decide what we are doing. Hubby is picking blueberries and I don't want to workout and muck up my toes, not that I would but I don't feel like getting sweaty .

Foxxie the recipe was very good, and lots left over to freeze.  Trying to use up what we have in our freezer as money was tight this week.

Waving to everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everybody.  Just beautiful weather this weekend!  There was a slight tease of rain in the afternoon but it didn't happen.  This morning, though, instead of 6:00, it looks like 5:00, very overcast.  I wouldn't mind a little rain today.

Busy day for me today.  This morning, I will do Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion.  Then I have to make a mad dash to my ophthalmologist to get my eye pressure check (I have glaucoma) and check to make sure my eye infection is gone.  No time to shower at the club before I go, sorry Dr. Burke, lol.  I should be bearable with a smell test, I hope, lol.

@bopper, wow, you had a lot of options there!  Blueberries!  My first thought was pancakes.  Then muffins.  Love them.

I'm holding on to my weight goal by the skin of my chinny, chin, chin.  That delicious pecan brittle candy that I bought when I took my day road trip a couple of weeks ago is still in the freezer but it says "eat me" every time I look in there.  Luckily, it's in the garage freezer that I don't go to often.

Hubby comes home today from Texas! Yea!  I won't even talk about him scaring me to death because he felt faint in their heat.  Hard head, soft butt!

Have a great day fellow exercisers!