Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning everyone.  No class yesterday @bopper.  I went on a day trip with the Red Hatters.  Had a wonderful time overall but the time we spent at Shipshewana flea market was a waste for me.  Too big and most of it was junk.  

And at the end of the day, we stopped at a store that was known to have Red Hatter clothes and accessories.  I found two outfits half price off.  I get to the counter to pay with my credit card and it was declined!  A whole line of fellow Red Hatters heard it.  First of all, it shouldn't have been declined because I always keep my card in good standing but secondly, although he didn't shout, he didn't whisper either.  In my embarrassment, it seemed to echo across the room.  I didn't have enough cash to pay because I had bought other things during the day so I had to put it back.  He refused my check.  Soooo embarrassed!!!!  

I called Visa when I got home and the rep said that one of the cards had not been activated yet (I had just got the cards last week because they moved me from premier status to signature status and changed the security code.  That was strange because I had used the card on QVC and Amazon this very week.  So he said everything is fine now and suggested I use it in a store to make sure.

Anyway, Zumba this morning and maybe some walking.  I need it after the buffet brunch I ate yesterday.

@MickD, hope your tummy is better.  @JudyL and @nomless, hope you guys are better, too.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Morning, it's starting to get hot again.  Just came in from walking 3 miles and about to do TG abs.   Tonight we are going to listen to some music as downtown on every block is little bands that play different kinds of music.   I'll get more steps in too!

Foxxie I surely understand how you felt.   That same thing happened to me and I KNOW the card was good as I had used it in another store before this one the same day!   How come he wouldn't take a check?   I had to write a check that day and glad I had my checkbook.  Seems not many write checks anymore, we still do.  

MickD hope you feel better today, take it easy.

Nomless how are you doing, thinking about you.  

Judy are you walking today?  Hope the wrist is healing up

Lucy  please check in, we are wondering how you are doing.

Laura you too please.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  Oh I do know you feel!  I've had that happen except I was out of state on vacation and forgot to tell my credit card company.  Was sooo embarassed.  Never made that mistake again.  Glad you got it straightened out.

@bopper Didn't walk today.  Felt run down and tired again so decided another rest day was in order.  There is a cold/virus going around here and I don't want to overdo and get sick.  I'll walk tomorrow.  The Plantar Fascities in my left heel is still pretty bad so getting up in the morrnings is slow.  Will have to check back in old posts to see what shoes and inserts, I think it was @MickD, said she used.  Maybe I need a change of shoes and inserts.

Wrist is much better so that's good.  Looking forward to the weekend!  Its right around the corner!  YEA!

Honored Contributor

Good morning all.  Bad rainy weather expected today and tomorrow.

Well, it's good to know that others have experienced credit card embarrassment, lol.  I went to Meijer grocery store yesterday and used the card without a problem so I guess the fact that I had only activated one of the cards was the problem.  Why it didn't affect online purchases will remain a mystery.  And before we go out of town, I will notify them just in case.

I doubt if I workout today because we have to go pick up my 90 year old father to do some of his business.  He's finally decided to move to a senior residence.  He lives about an hour away in good traffic.  Stormy rains expected but scattered.

My father is pretty much ostracized from the family because of his treatment of our mother but I, more than the other kids, talk to him from time to time so he says that he trusts me to handle his affairs for him.  Do I want to deal with him all day?  Nope!  So I asked hubby to go with me for support.  (Oh, and I don't want to drive all that way, lol).  A parent is your parent, no matter what.

Well, while sending everyone a wave, I hope you have a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

TGIF everyone!!!

I've had the trots all morning.  Still don't feel 100%.  Ran 3.75mi/45.3min on the treadmill.

My son has the next 5 days off.  I'm gonna float in the pool for a bit then we're gonna head to target.  There's a small desk on sale and he might be able to use it for his computer/coursework in the fall.

We've got a pool party to go to tomorrow.  Friends of ours are celebrating their 5th anniversary......they're in their early 30s....no kids.  He's an attorney and she's a teacher.  I swear they just got married!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning everybody.  It rained off and on yesterday but while we were out that morning, it was minimal.

Yesterday I woke up with a red right eye.  I had hoped it would get better as the day progressed it would get better. I used moisturizing eye drops all day.  This morning, it's a little redder.    I already have a doctor appointment for Wednesday so if I still have it, he can look at that as well.

I hadn't mentioned it on here but since the end of May I've been battling Angular Cheilitus which is extremely dry lips and painful cracks at the side of the mouth.  I've been to the doctor already, even had my dentist sent a prescription for an antibiotic in early June so that I could keep my dental appointment for my scaling.  At that time, my jaw and lips were swollen also.  Ugly.  The complete story of the ups and downs of it is to weird and too long to go into.  

A couple of weeks ago my doctor prescribed Fluconazole which is normally for a yeast infection but can be used for painful tongue and mouth problems.  It took care of that and most of the swelling but the red rim around my lips and the cracks...still there. To me, during the worst of it, I looked like a minor version of the Joker in the Batman movie, lol.   Like they say, getting old is not for the weak but beats the alternative, lol.

So, do to the conjunctivitis, I will be in hiding this weekend and hope it is better by Monday.  I've had this before and it usually clears up in a couple of days.

I'm going to do in place walking and arm movements as well as walking up and down the stairs for my workout this morning and try to ignore these minor (compared to what could be happening) ailments.  Everybody enjoy your day.

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, sounds like we are all a bit ailing with aches and pains and what not, but we continue to push through, it's all we know really.   I did TG for 30 minutes this morning, not many steps in though, it's a rainy and windy day but I have hallmark movies on so I'm content.

Foxxie I understand about your 90 year old father, my dad is 90 also and it would be much easier for us if he'd consider moving into a Senior center with 24 hour staff in case he'd need something but he still lives in his own house and it's a 2 story with bedroom upstairs and 1 bath upstairs so I worry all the time he is going to fall down the stairs and nobody would know.  He does get dizzy spells.  I have 2 sisters, and we all check on him but he is alone a lot.  It's tough for sure!

MickD, oh oh, hope you feel better, I thought I was getting it but realized it's too many blueberries for me and grapes lately .  

Dr.Kelli hope your vacation is going good for you.

Judy take it slow, and nothing wrong with resting.  

Nomless thinking of you as always and sending good wishes.

Lucy same for you, please check in.

Laura, we miss you!

Waving to all our friends.

Respected Contributor

Hi, where is everyone today, I thought I was late, well I am late!!  Nobody posted today.  I didn't do a workout today, just stuff around here, got paint to do my kitchen, havent' started but will start tomorow after I workout.

It was rainy and icky this morning but cleared up now.

Hoping everyone is on the mend!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everybody.  Rainy weekend here but we needed some rain.  Yesterday morning was really bad, though.

Oh, that poor lone survivor who lost nine in her family from that duck boat accident.  I'm listening to the tv now and heard her say, "I don't know how I'm going to go home again to a house that used to be filled with running feet and laughter and a husband".   So sad. 

Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion classes this morning.  Hope everyone is well.

Respected Contributor

Hey all!  I'm back at work (with a metric a** ton of work to catch up on!)  Well, the trip out to Florida was 18 hours of he**.  We were on a flight that went through Balitimore and we were supposed to stay on that plane--basically a touchdown and off load passengers, load passengers and take off again.  We were supposed to be in Florida by 4:15.  We got to our hotel at midnight and I had to be in class at 730 Wednesday morning.  

Usually the last part of the flight, the flight attendants make the announcement that if you are continuing to Fort Lauderdale, this is your plane and they need to do a head count blah blah blah.  But they didn't.  I looked at the flight tracker and it said that the next leg was CANCELED!!  I asked a flight attendant and he said, no, this is your plane.  Well as we were taxiing up to the gate, they came on and said the next leg was canceled and we had to check with a gate agent.  The first gate agent had a line of probably 100 people, but the Southwest employee told me I could go to any gate agent.  I still waited in line for 45 minutes and then the agent had problems because the system showed us in the air already.  She finally got us booked on another flight that left at 7:45 pm, so we literally had 7 hours to wait.  It would have been bad enough for me, but it was even worse with my mom.  She was wrecked the next day and I still had to go to class, which I did and then fell asleep at 8:30 that night and slept until 8:30 the next morning.

We found a really great dinner place, called Coconuts, and ate there all 4 nights. The food was fantastic and the wait staff was great.

I found out that I LOVE Splash (La Blast aqua version).  You don't really feel like you are working out, but it is hard with the resistance of the water.  You REALLY feel it the next day.  I took the instructor certification and then they had SPLASH class first thing in the morning for the attendees, so I would do that.  I didn't get to attend many of the classes given because the 18 hour day really wiped me out plus I had to deal with a vet emergency with the dog sitter long distance.  Kevin is okay, but it appears that he ate some potpourri and then proceeded to vomit and have diarrhea so bad, he got the shakes.  He's on a pill regimen that I cannot wait for him to be done with.  Every pill (4 different ones) has be be given at a certain time, before eating, after eating while eating.  It's crazy.

It's good to be back-=-I wish we all lived closer so I could practice SPLASH with you!