Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Senior Cardio class this morning and possibly some walking.  Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday and it's the 13th!!  Haha....Did an hour walk this morning in the drizzle and extremely muggy air but got it done.

I need to vacuum and clean now....oh yeah!

Nomless thanks for checking in, praying your tests can come to some conclusion as to the next step for you!

Judy glad the wrist is splinted now and hopefully you will heal fast.

I am not sure if I'll walk on the trail, can you imagine, muggy, wet, and buggy!!  Ick!

Take care everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning all.  Rain expected today and tomorrow but I can't complain.  The weather this week has been beautiful!

Did anyone see an article this week that said that although exercising is good, in order for it to help in weight loss, you have to do way more than 30 minutes, three or four times a week.  You have to do much more than that as well as eat less.  Exercising alone won't get it.  Well, Oprah and I already knew that, lol.  

Zumba is canceled at my fitness center this morning so that they can give some instructors the opportunity to practice a new class they will offer.  I think it's called Combat Cardio or something like that.  I think its kick boxing.  I'm going to check it out but it doesn't sound like something I would due to a lot of kicking involved.  At least kick boxing that I have seen had a lot of kicking in it.  When you have arthritis in your knees, you have to be careful of that.  Kicking out too vigorously can start pain issues.

Enjoy your day everybody.  Hope everyone is well.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

The class is called Body Combat.  Very high energy!  I'm sure younger people will love it.  I didn't dislike it, I just didn't love it.  I stuck with it for the first 30 minutes and it was alright as long as I modified the kicking and the squats.  I cut out when the instructor said get the mats for floor work.  I don't do floor work that might involve spending time on my knees.  It hurts (even after you get up) and the only modification would be to not do it.  So I went to the track and did some walking.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, its very hot here, almost 90, really don't want to do anything outside,so I'm watching baseball.  I didn't exercise today, I usually get in an hour 6 days a week so I'm good not doing today.

Washed and waxed the car though, it's just to dang hot.  Logan and his fur is like wearing a fur coat, so he's in the basement where it's cooler but he wants to chase his ball even with the heat.

Foxxie Body Cambat sounds very high energy.

I made an apple cinnamon loaf this morning, kitchen smelled so good.  Then made a broccoli salad and cowboy cavier which we love.

Stay cool everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Whew!  Busy day and just now getting around to checking emails, etc.  Walked for 40 minutes this morning at the park near my house.  Felt good to be walking and to be outside.  Then had lots of errands and went out late this afternoon.  Now home and in my jammies.

J

Respected Contributor

Good Sunday morning, going to be hot today about 90.   Not planned for us today.  Hubby went with my son and granddaughters up the road a ways to a baseball game, I opted to stay home, if it's 90 I didn't want to go.  Logan needs me anyways  Smiley Happy

Judy glad you got out yesterday, I bet that felt wonderful!

Isn't it hard to believe we are half way through July!  I just can't believe it.  Why does winter drag on and on and on and summer is a blink of an eye........

Any who, hoping everyone has a great day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning.  I had a good weekend and I hope you all had one as well.  I know we all have problems at various levels but, well....we deal with them, right?  Cause I do have a list, lol.

We went out for dinner yesterday and had a nice time.  I really didn’t need another dinner out because this is a heavy social week for me but I’m a member of the wine club at this restaurant and this month only, members got a free bottle.  Next week, we wouldn’t be able to go. I try not to pass up anything free.  Also, since my birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, I got $15 off of my entree.  I’m one pound over my WW goal so I really need to watch it this week.

Monday means Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion (weights and cardio).  I hope the instructor is there this time.  Enjoy your day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, it is a tad cooler out, 80 now but that's indeed better than 90.  I walked early this morning 3 miles, then did a few things around here.  I am making a sour cherry coffee cake this afternoon, my favorite cherry.   The blueberries are ripe too and many people are picking.  I love blueberries but I am not a picker, I don't like bugs and creepy crawlies..

foxxie sounds like a busy week but last night sounds really nice, a free bottle!!  I'd be there too!  

Hoping everyone is doing okay and like foxxie said we seem to be dealing with ailments and such and doing the best we can.  I thank God each morning when I awake and can appreciate my life and people around me!

Blessings!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Everyone!  A beautiful day by the Bay.  Started out foggy and cool but should warm up this afternoon.  I did about 40 minutes of Leslie Sansone this morning.  Felt good to get back into routine after my wrist incident last week.  Still wearing the brace for work but wrist is feeling much better.

Wish we would hear from Laura and Lucy.  Hope they both are ok.  Getting very concerned.

Have a good day everyone!