Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning everyone.

Thank God that the rescue from the cave is in progress and at this point, four boys are out (some reports a three).  Praying that they all are successfully rescued.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I, too, wonder where Laura is. I hope things are ok for her. 

Bopper, enkoy your tome woth DGD, even though she's a handful now.

Judy, good job!

It's hot and humid here, just like everywhere, it seems. 

Hi to Mick and Foxxie and DrKelli and all our friends.

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone.  Spent most of my morning at the ER.  Typing one-handed so this will be short.  My left wrist is in a splint.  I have tendonitis & the pain is intense!  I'm off work through Wednesday.  Won't be on the computer much but will ck in if I can.

Take care!

Honored Contributor

Oh my, @JudyL, sorry to hear that.  Hopefully, you’re right handed.  Get better soon.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning, ladies.  Yesterday was a picture perfect weather day.  Little warmer today, so they say.

Today I'm doing two classes.....Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion which is mostly weight training but a little cardio included.

Enjoy your day.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, I had planned on my walk this morning but looks a little threatening, and so muggy.  Need to decide, still can't do the TG as my rotator cuff on the right shoulder is "iffy" and I think upper body would bother it and those hamstrings...still not healed but much much better but I can tell if I squat I can feel it right there so I can tell I am not ready for that either.  Just walknig right now.

foxxie I also am very glad they are getting those boys out!

nomless so happy to see you post, and my prayers are continuing for you each day!

Got all the grass cut yesterday even though it was 90, and I even mowed the area leading to my trail which is a ways from my yard.  I just pushed the lawn mower down to where it started and started to mow.  Still lots of mud though.

I ordered the Philosophy TSV and used EP and wanted to now change it to pay it all at one time and it won't let me edit my EP??  In fact it says they can't find any of my orders on EP.   It's in process but I'll wait to see once it ships out if then I can change it.  You are supposed to be able to control EP yourself.   I decided to not use it and just pay it all and now I can't.  I hate calling.....much rather do it over the computer but we'll see.

Judy sorry about your wrist, sounds painful.  You've had lots to deal with.  Will you be able to do your walks still?  Take good care!

Dr.Kelli stay cool, your in a heat wave for sure!

MickD- are you hitting the trails?

Waving to everyone!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  Gonna be hot all week--we really need some rain to knock this heat back a bit.  Saturday was so hot that I had to take a shower before I went to bed just to cool off and get rid of all the sweat.  I did get a lot done this weekend.  Got all but one shelf packed up on my book shelves.  Will probably finish that tonight.  My flooring doesn't get installed until September 4, but at least I won't be in a panic about getting stuff packed up.  When I unpack, I'll start culling books I know I'm not going to read.  I would have done it while packing, but I don't have enough room to store donations AND the other stuff.  Got my pathway lighting replaced (it was all damaged in the last hail storm) and got my super large George Foreman grill unpacked and put together.

Regular workouts this week--Quik Fit today, small group tomorrow, Yoga on Wednesday and maybe Zumba on Thursday.  Our company golf tournament is also Thursday and I don't know what time I have to be out there.

@JudyL, I'm so sorry about your wrist--tendonitis is very painful.  I used to get it every summer in my achilles when I was playing softball.

Sure wish @Laura14 would check in with us!

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Lots of good arm and other workouts on you tube!! Just go to you tube and search what it is you want to find!

Here is a good arm toning workout: Smiley Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAGfBjvIRFI

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday all!

Hot here......ran on the treadmill 4mi/49min.

@JudyL sending healing thoughts your way!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Hi, everybody.

@FlowerBear, those are good exercises to use on a daily basis.  Some, I already do.  I'm resigned to having a little of my upper arms, though, lol.  At this stage of my life, I don't care much, lol.  My biceps and shoulders look great, though.

Yesterday's  exercising was a little disappointing.  My Monday instructor, whom I have for both classes was absent.  (I've told him not to do that on Monday's but apparently, he doesn't listen well, lol).  Anyway my expected high energy cardio class ended up being with the instructor who does Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra type music.  We did a lot of swaying and slow movements that someone later said reminded them of doing ballet except that we weren't on our toes, lol.  Half the class gradually disappeared.  Very disappointing that she chose to do her regular routine instead of doing what the regular instructor did which was what people were there for.

The second class was supposed to be cardio/weight training.  When I found out that the sub for that was the lady that does the Friday 'geriatric' strength class, I decided to go walking instead which was the only sweating I did.  In the first class when she asked "are you sweating yet?", I felt like saying, "are you serious?  We're barely moving."  At best, I was glistening but sweating?  No.

Ok, this morning, I'm expecting to do Body & Sculpt (cardio with weights), Flexibility and then Zumba.

Btw, still thinking of you that have special prayers needed.

Have a great day.