Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

@grandma2pkmh she hasn't posted on here for a while.  Was thinking about her yesterday and wondered where she was.  Hopefully, she'll post soon.

Honored Contributor

Forgot to ask in my previous post - has anyone heard of/used exercise DVDs by Stephanie Huckabee.  I found a 10 disc set of  hers as I was going through some of my stuff.  Didn't even know I had it so must have bought it a long time ago.   The 10 DVDs are a set of 20 minutes each targeting different areas from aerobic to toning legs, abs, arms etc.  

If you've heard of her, let me know cuz I have no idea where I got them from.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Hope everyone is well.

@JudyL, never heard of Stephanie Huckabee.  Since you already have the DVDs, I'm sure the variety will help keep you motivated  if nothing else.

I was asking about @Laura14 the other day, too.  Maybe vacation or she just needs a break.  Except for this thread and a couple more, you never know if you're going into friendly or dangerous territory and you have to step back.

Senior Cardio this morning.  I've eaten homemade pound cake with vanilla ice cream and strawberries for two days straight!  There is enough left for today and I will be done. I'm trying to be sorry I ate it but it was sooooo good, lol.

Enjoy your day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie life is too short to not eat pound cake, ice cream and strawberries!  Enjoy!

I did the Stephanie Huckabee DVDs this morning.  Actually did 1-1/2 to make up my 30 minutes.  I found the routines confusing and to much switching around too fast but, obviously, that could just be because I've never done them.  Never felt that way with Leslie Sansone tho.  So if I wanted to do aerobic I would probably stick with Leslie's walking DVDs.  Will try some of Stephanie's toning DVDs tho and see how those are.  But  @Mmsfoxxie is right, they are good to add variety.

Off to get ready for work!  Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL, I just took a look on YouTube at Stephanie Huckabee's videos.  Pretty nice workouts.  Then looking further I see that she did some The Firm videos.  Loved them, still have them, I think although I have no vcr anymore, lol.  Back in the eighties, I had several The Firm videos.  Weights and the step training.....that was before my knee issues, lol.  They were my first introduction to using weights along with aerobic exercising and let me tell you, this little lady had a smokin' body with a 22 inch waistline, lol.  I was pretty sculpted back then.

Well, I'm out of here now.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Morning, it's beautiful this morning.  

I have the Stephanie Huckabee dvd's also, forgot I had tham.  She uses a band with many of the workouts, it's nice to have shorter workouts when you just want an add on.   I remember her also from the Firm.

Yes I was thinking about Laura too, maybe she needed a social media break which I can totally understand too.  Thought about it myself at times.  

I think I"ll go outside in a bit and walk, was going to take an off day but its very comfortable out so think I'll go.  I slept later than normal today, was awake for a while during the night.  

Have a good day everyone!

Respected Contributor

@bopper, I knew that name sounded familiar!  I was going to ask if Stephanie was a former FIRM instructor!  I really loved their workouts and still own a lot of them (on VHS too!)  I'm sorry they went belly up.  I think they were sold to Gaiam after the founder passed away several years ago.  The last workout set was one with a ball that came apart and you could use half of it as kind of a BOSU.

Hope you all survived this weird week.  I hated having Wednesday off, only to come back in yesterday and today.  Kevin was having some kind of issue at 2:30 this morning and wanted out of his crate.  I was having weird dreams--one was about my ex-husband and we've been divorced since 1987!  And I haven't seen him since, although there is a remote possiblity that I could run into him because he is also in the power industry.  I've done my best to avoid the gatherings that I think he could be at though.

Yesterday's Zumba was really fun, but my shoulder is killing me today.  I have a workout scheduled at 11 and then I'll pick up my lunch and go home.

I'm really hoping my mom gets her drain out today.  I think she will start improving a lot faster once that happens.  She is doing pretty well though.  She said she was going to play bridge yesterday so that is good.

I'm thinking about going to the local waterpark (very small) tonight for their Adult Night Out.  I probably will end up NOT going, but if it is miserably hot again today, I might throw caution to the wind.  They have a live band and booze (although I don't drink much).

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone!

Sis left yesterday morning.  Holy h*ll it was hot yesterday....got up to 104.  Cooler today....94.  I think the last I exercised was a week ago....I need to run off a week's worth of alcohol!

Did bikram running on the treadmill.....haha!  48.53min/4mi.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Felt completely wiped out this morning but managed to get myself together to do a 30 minute walk.  Was nice to get outside.

Came home, did some stuff around the house and then took a nap.  LOL  Going to my sister's house in a bit so better get ready.  Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, it's been hectic here, I have been babysitting my 2 year old granddaughter and she's at the clingy stage and crying for daddy and mommy, it's been rough here.  They will get her about noon today.

Didn't workout yesterday but did meet my step goals.   Hot here today about 90, right now though 60 and I opened the windows and turned off the AC for a bit, nice to have quiet, as everyone is sleeping but me.  Need the quiet time in the morning.  

Judy you are doing great, it's hard when you don't feel like it, but you still did it!  You got this!!

MickD, it's hot everywhere and I feel I shouldn't complain as you know how long my winter is!   Hard though when your sweating all the time.

Waving to foxxie, Laura (we miss you, are you okay), nomless (sending prayers), Dr.Kelli, and everyone I am forgetting to mention, I'm trying to rush as I imagine she will be waking up soon.

Have a lovely and cool day!