Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Welcome to July!!

Image may contain: outdoor

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

with the up-coming heat wave we are going to have....l wish we were welcoming october!!

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

with the up-coming heat wave we are going to have....l wish we were welcoming october!!

Me too.

Respected Contributor

Happy July 1st!   We had torrential rains last night and lots of thunder and lightening.  Earlier I took my 90 year old dad for a picnic, even though we had supper planned at home he seemed lonely so we put ours in the fridge and went to get him,took him to the lake and had a picnic.   It started thundering and got really dark, lightening.   But we were under a canopy with our picnic table and we were safe and enjoyed the light show, didn't get wet either.

Don't think much is going on today, more rain and storms and its very warm and muggy outside.  

What is everyone doing for the 4th.  We'll go to the parade and then there is a concert at the lake honoring Veterans, so bringing dad to that as he is a Vetera, hoping it won't be too hot for him though.  

That's about it here, time for Sunday morning coffee!

Honored Contributor

Don't know why its so hard for me to exercise.  Once I get going I'm fine but the motivation to get going is just not in me.  I truly have to force myself to do it.  Almost talked myself out of doing the 30 minutes a day for 30 days challenge to myself before I even got started.  Ugh.  Its a battle for me for sure.  Anyway, I got out there and did it!  Day One Done!  I walked for 30 minutes and on the way back was walking into the wind so got a little extra work out there.  My actual full walk time was more like 50 minutes because I don't count the 10 minutes it takes me to walk from my house to the entrance to my complex or the walk from the entrance home because I consider those as my warm up/cool down.

Other than the walk its been a day of grocery shopping, laundry, and doing stuff around the house.  

Hope everyone had a good Sunday!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everybody!  Icky weather, ugh!  But considering alternatives, I shouldn't complain.

@JudyL, oh yes...keeping that incentive strong is hard, especially when you first start.  Especially when you are still working outside of your home. Stay strong!

I think I finally have my airfare and hotel arrangements finalized.  I used CheapOair service to get a decent  price on tickets.  My seating has changed three times before getting finally confirmed by American Airlines.  I had aisle seats for my husband but I don't think the changes they made reflect that.  Couldn't get the flight times I wanted.  The first day will be wasted because we will get there after ten at night.  The coming back flight is just after midnight. I hate flying but at night is really scary for me.  I'm going to say something stupid....I don't think the pilot can see well enough at night, lol.  This I do for my son and granddaughter.

Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion this morning. Oh...my WW weigh in was 129.4.  I recovered from the Canada wight gain but I'm not as low as I was.  I'm getting tired of this game.  I'd like to eat what I want, when I want.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good Morning!  Did my 30 minutes this morning - walking to Leslie Sansone.  I have to keep reminding myself to start off a bit slow since this is an everyday thing, I don't want to burn out too soon.

@Mmsfoxxie glad you got your flights.  I'm sure all will be ok and the trip and flights will be fine.  Thank you for your encouragement.  It does help!

I owe, I owe so off to work I go!  Have a good day everyone!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, it's a little cooler this morning, I did my walk and now am getting ready to go to my hair appt.

Foxxie glad you got tickets and are ready to go.  I don't think that is a stupid question at all, I don't like flying either.  In fact 2 years ago almost is the first time I ever flew and we had to come back in the dark, and I don't like when they turn the cabin lights low.  I know you can turn the light above your head on but I just don't like it dark in the cabin.  Just not a fan, probably never will be.  I'd rather drive but from here to CO is a 2 1/2 day drive, then it's motels, gas, lots of expenses but so are tickets to fly.  Hubby says just think though in 3 hours you are there, rather than 2 1/2 days.  Yeah I know dear !!   Then I worry about leaving my dog, the kids are lucky they have her parents take both their dogs if they go any where.  I have nobody to do that, so we have to kennel him and that's another 200$, and then I worry about him the whole trip, can't enjoy myself at all, now I suppose that sounds stupid too!!  Haha...but it's the truth.

Judy glad you got in your walk again today, just think of us walking together, even though we are not together we know each of us is out there doing it as hard as it is sometimes when we really don't feel like it.

Dr.Kelli how is mom doing?

MickD we had so much rain the last 4 days, it's mud and water everywhere on my trail and buggy.   We had thunderstorm after thunderstorm over the weekend, some  places had hail the size of golf balls.

Nomless how are you doing?  Hoping okay.

Waving to everyone!

Respected Contributor

Requesting prayers please. I don't want to go into details, but prayers are appreciated. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@nomless  you got it!  We're here for you!