Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Hey all, we had sun today and about 28.   I did about 50 minutes on the rebounder with San Fran Fitness and I Jump Instead and then laying down ab bouncing.   Cleaned in the basement and walked outside with Logan.   Not much else though but had over 700 exercise calories burned.

Made some Trophy muffins from the I Jump Instead website.   Very easy....These are twin girls who have formed a rebounding group and a website and they actually have very good rebounding workouts.   Not about getting "air" in rebounding but intensity and working out with intention.  

Jammie time.

Stay safe!

Trusted Contributor

I did a 20-minute 90s ride this morning on the Peloton. I did my virtual hour HIIT class in the afternoon. I couldn't walk our Lab outside if I wanted to. Not just the bad weather; she tore her ACL in her knee three weeks ago. Vet can't get her in for $$urgury until sometime in February. Bad thing, it's congenital. If it happens to one knee, there is a high liklihood it will happen to her other one.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

We did a 1 hr. hike in the woods. As for the reformer all I did was the elephant today...just wanted to stretch is all...

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Funday!   My active rest day is today.   A little of this and a little of that and a walk on the trail.

@amyb  I love walking in the woods and we all need stretching!

@morganjen  your poor doggie!   I am so sorry!  I am a huge dog lover.  Great job on the spin workout, those get the sweat flowing and welcome to the group!

It's a football kind of day here too!  

Love our sunshine on the beautiful snow!

Stay safe everyone!

Respected Contributor

hi @bopper and all others here~Happy Sunday Funday!

We wanted to take another hike/walk today, but weather was dreary, damp, raw out, and eventually some freezing rain off and on.

So because Aeropilates is on HSN today...I watched at 7am show (I always get inspired, or learn something from these presentations)...I watched and then got on my reformer. 

I did 20 minutes of various moves, upper, lower body and some rebounding. Also used my circle...inner thighs, arms and those neck exercises Marjolein always shows.

Later on in the day I did another 20 minutes on the reformer...footwork, legs in straps, more arms, other various movements...just freestyling.

Also listened to the 3o'clock show...watched on FB live and got one of my questions answered on air. Question was if it hurts your machine if you don't screw in the rebounder...doing that always deters my being able to cross-train in one session, back and forth with footbar/rebounder, as I want to do. Marjolein put that to rest for me...says she never screws them in, that it won't hurt the reformer (I thought it put added strain on the bottom of the reformer/holes)...she says only reason to use them is if the slight banging noise of a looser rebounder bugs you.

I'll watch 11pm probably too.

Respected Contributor

Happy New Year all!  Well, I'm back at it--I can't believe I have to work 5 days this week!!

I had insomnia again last night--I hate it.  I fall asleep okay and then wake up between 1 and 3 hours later.  Now that I have to get up in the morning, it is terrible.

I have LaBlast this week, dance lessons and a trainer session.  I've been trying to do some racewalking too so that I don't feel like dying in the middle of a race.  The next one is January 17.  i really don't like that they are starting the races at 8 am. It's pretty cold at that time of day in the winter.  Especially when you are missing most of your hair. LOL!!

My goals this year are to be consistent with workouts, to attend a couple of 'new' dance classes at the studio and to add walking again into my routine.

Hope you all had a great holiday season--here's to a better year!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday!   Was up at at em early.   did 30 minutes of rebounding with I Jump Instead 3 separate workouts jumping with Intension is where it's at!  Then Total Gym Leg workouts.  30 lbs on the weight bar and lots of squats, 1 leg squats, side squats and sumo squats.   Then focused on upper body with biceps and triceps and rowing on lower levels.    Outer hip and thigh with the cables.   My walk outside was nice too through the woods.

@amyb  that question  is often asked and she's right unless it bugs you with the clanking it's easier to take it on and off to cross train.  Otherwise you are screwing and unscrewing the knobs and that's a pain.   I always get inspired watching the HSN shows too.  

@DrKelli glad you have a plan lined up to be more consistent.   It helps to have a plan lined up.

Where is everyone else?

Respected Contributor

Hello peeps~Did my 20 minutes of rebounding (per the current FB challenge in our group), and some stretches afterward. A little sore...probably do some stretches on it again before bed tonight. Did that last night too...good way to gently wind down.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all

Plan to do about thirty minutes of in place walking.  Might get on my stationary bike for a while.

Have a good day!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I'm going to be a little redundant for a bit here...as I continue my 7 day 20 minute rebounder challenge, on FB, which I just completed. Actually did 25 min. today. And about 10 more minutes of arms and upper body in straps. Also did some freestyle standing squats and leg lifts today. Have a good day, all! 💪