Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Hey it's Monday again!   This morning I did day 5 of Adriene's 30 day calendar.   It was called soften.  I found it harder than yesterday and most thought yesterday harder so who knows.  Then cleaned for dad for 3 hours.   Didn't do anything else

It wa sunny today though so I really enjoyed that.  

Will do Pilates reformer tomorrow, and I ordered a Hooked On Pilates Minimax and her handibands because you can use them in a door, or on your reformer or with the minimax.

Everyone is kicking butt, keep at it!

Honored Contributor

Had to go grocery shopping to get some fruits and vegetables this morning.  I wanted some HoneyCrisp apples  so I got about four big ones.  I eat half at a time.  I happened to see some apples called Cosmic Crisp that looked really good with a deep red color but a little light in spots.  I've been burned before, buying unfamiliar fruits so I just got one.  Oh. My. God!  It's one of the best apples I've ever eaten.  Similar to HoneyCrisp but sweeter to me. Crisp.  Fairly new variety.

If you see it in the store, grab one.  Bet you'll like it, too.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning, group.  Woke up very early this morning.  Sometimes the insomnia just happens and I catch up the next night.

Hope I'm not too groggy to workout, though.  First class will be Body & Sculpt which is always rough.  If I survive that, I'll go to my Flexibility class.  I enjoy that class but getting on the floor has always been a problem (joint issues) but with my extra weight it's harder.  The last two times, I skipped it and walked instead.

Have a beautiful day, everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@Mmsfoxxie Cosmic Crisp apples were developed by the university of washington, I think.  It is a brand new variety.  I am going to have to look for them. I'm sure WalMart doesn't carry them, so I'll have to go to Kroger or Safeway.  Everyone that has tried them say they are delicious.

I did a mile Leslie Sansone (can that woman please JUST SHUT UP!!) and an express flow yoga from 21 day yoga retreat.  It is getting a bit easier to hold some of the poses, but I feel like I still need to take it easy.  I may repeat week 1 again before going onto Week 2.  Tonight is Relax.  I'm also going to my small group today.

Hope you all have a good day!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli , another thing annoying about Leslie is that she looks back at her group a lot while she's talking which seems to get her off beat.  Then you have to adjust your steps to hers.  She's a magpie alright, lol.  Love her videos, though.

Not that I've encountered many but, girl, you are the best radiation patient I've ever heard of.  That's a double blessing.....cancer removed and minimal side effects from the radiation.  Woo, woo!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Early here on the West Coast  -  its still dark out!

Did a different beginning yoga video by Adriene this morning.  Had trouble doing some of the poses but managed to do ok.  Both are good videos so will switch between the two.  Can tell its going to take me a long time to move out of the beginning stage!  LOL

@Mmsfoxxie those apples sound great.  Will look for them the next time I go to Safeway.

@DrKelli yes, I agree with you re Leslie Sansone.  She can be quite talkative.  Not sure how but I've somehow managed to not let it bother me and still get through her workouts.  

Time to get ready for work.  Wishing everyone a good Tuesday.

Honored Contributor

Ok, it is cold in the City by the Bay.  I mean really cold.  I just don't know how you all in the east, midwest, Denver, - I don't know how you do it.  I feel like I'll never be warm again.  LOL  Not even going to tell you the temp cuz I know ya'll will laugh at me but man, for us, this is really cold.  

Honored Contributor

Happy Tuesday all!

Felt crappy yesterday....a little better today so just did pilates and the rebounder.  Of course it was 73 yesterday and supposed to be another beautiful one today.

Husband out of town until sat eve.  I need to stay well and avoid the plague so I can take the dogs for walks too....sickness be gone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Yoga done.  I have to say I am really not liking this January routine.  I may go back to another month's calendar and pick it up from there.  I feel like she's going all out for the time of year or I just enjoy her older stuff.  We'll see.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone!

i see yoga is in! I found a Jillian yoga dvd in my dusty collection. I watched it- guess I better do more than that!
JudyL, I can't believe you wrote that you missed doing yoga!

I laughed, too, as I read about LeslieSansone. If I didn't notice her talking, I did alright, but once I did, yup, I did! I usually put on wireless headphones used for the tv in one room- Then I can listen to a show while watching Leslie in the other room. That works very well.

bopper- ice is never fun. I know you like to go out but I'm glad you don't risk a fall.

mmsfoxxie- I like your determination.

drkelli- it's inspiring to see how you are managing. Incorporating everything into your life instead of letting things run your life.

laura14- I hope you are feeling better.
mickD- is this the toe/ankle problem the same foot issue from way back?

Cape Cod to get some snow tomorrow, not central Ma for a change, I'll take it! We will have frigid temps on Thursday but high 50's on Saturday. So all is good on weatherfront.

Keep at it, tony