Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Hey it was sunny for most of the day and 25 here, I even dragged the lawn chair onto the deck and sat for a while, just needed that sun on me even if we're buried in snow.

@JudyL thank you, am I right assuming there always has to be at least 1 cup of liquid in the pot?  so if you added the beef broth, did you also add water.

@Laura14 I wish I had the Vitamix, I don't have one.   I wonder if he'd eat sweet potato hashbrowns.   I want to make a stew in my pot.  Do you all wash the ring and the other little parts inside the lid each time you use it?  Is that necessary??

@MickD  I"m new at the IP, so looking for ideas that are easy and want to understand there has to be 1 cup of water in it, even if you use tomato sauce right?

@DrKelli counting the days until you are done with radiation!  Keep pushing forward!

@Mmsfoxxie Do the Red Hatters gather for Valentines day?   I have a hard time believing we are in mid January almost!   I like it though as I want Spring!

Not much else here, I did Pilated reformer rebounding, Yoga Day 12, and a walk out on the snowmobile packed trail, my back is really sore.

Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bopper  I have a pressure cooker which steams so I do take out my ring and clean it each time.  Mine is quick and easy to wash, rinse and replace.

Depending on the consistency of the sauce, I've cooked with just tomato sauce and pasta and got great results.  As long as it has a somewhat liquid consistency and not paste, you should be good.  

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon!  Slept horribly last night so got up, fed the cat and went right back to bed instead of exercising.  That gives me an extra 40 minutes or so.  I needed it. 

@bopper for the chili I used a half cup of beef broth and then the diced tomatoes with their liquid so that probably equaled about 1 cup.  Did not add extra water.

@DrKelli You are doing so well with your workouts and your radiation.  Such an inspiration.  Each day gets you one day closer to being done.  Hang in there.

Wishing everyone a good Monday.

Honored Contributor

I refuse to do blankie yoga so I substituted an abs workout instead.  I've also been running around to music to get the heart rate up.  Probably be adding some other things too to mix it up now that I have the privacy to.  

Beef stew done, keto pancakes made, food prepped for the week and I am feeling good about the week.  Hope yours is off to a good one.  

Honored Contributor

Last night I did the Wind Down yoga video.  I certainly needed to do just that.  Haven't been sleeping well and am feeling stressed so hoped this would help.  Think I like the stretching DVD I have better so may switch between the two when I feel the need to de-stress in the evenings.

@DrKelli thinking of you as your week progresses with your treatments.  Sending good strong, healing thoughts your way.

Wishing everyone a good Tuesday!

Respected Contributor

Good morning all!  I did "core" yoga last night. I'm planning on getting to small group today, but will probably limit my workout to 30 minutes. This exhaustion is just crazy. I feel like a toddler who badly needs a nap and just won't surrender to it.  I just want to reiterate to those who say they aren't with 'the program'--just do something.  If I can do it, so can you.

I am on the 'final countdown' for radiation--7 more treatments!  I'll be glad when they are done and more glad when these stupid side effects go away (the exhaustion).

Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

I thought I posted this morning but..... 

I had a great workout doing my Body & Sculpt this morning.  Man was the instructor out for blood.  I needed that whoopin', lol.  Now back to dealing with 'stuff'.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all I did yoga for 50 minutes today and then a little reformer work, my lower back/hip is still kinked, don't know what the heck I did to it but it's not going away fast.  Took a couple Advil and that seemed to help. and just got back from a hair appointment.

its freezing rain here and tomorrow snow!

Thank you for the information on the IP.   I want to make more things in mine, I am just never sure how it will turn out.   I should look for more easy things on Pinterest.

Keep strong everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

I pale in comparison to all of you. I did fine Sunday but yesterday I developed a bug that has kept me close to the "throne." I will try to get the minimum in tonight. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat   Feel better!  That bug is really making the rounds.  Heart