Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Wednesday it didn't start out very well.  I woke up late and made my hubby his coffee, set it by his chair and then wondered " where is he"  I thought maybe outside with Logan.  So I look and don't see anyone.  Then go in the basement and see Logan laying down.  Hmmm then go to the garage and see his car is gone...come in and think  NOW LISTEN CAREFULLY,  " where is he so early on a Sunday?  BAAAAAAAAAAAAA then I come in abnd go upstairs and it still hasn't hit me.  I mean am I losing it???????  So his coffee is sitting here and I'm sitting down and then "click" It's Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!  Yup I seriously thought I was having a major moment!!!!!!!!

Anyway I made up for it with a good workout at 10 am.   I did Day 7 of SF Fitness challenge which was Weighted Arms (  I asked if anyone was doing this with me) I guess not haha.   And I did the entire thing on the treadmill at 3.6 mph, it was 3 rounds of weighted arms and 2 lbs.   gets heavy Haha.   But a great double duty workouts all in one time!   Then did rebounding abs 10 minutes, and freestyle.  Walked Logan at 1.   Yestersay had 21,000 steps and today 16,000 and I"m happy with that.   Rarely do I go over 20,000.  And it was quite cold 16 above.

@JudyL  glad you are back in the game.  I hope you don't lose your power.  

I really thought January would have more posters but it's quiet here.  I hope we don't have to dispand.

Stay safe!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I probably qualify for the February thread. I just ordered an Aerotrainer and look forward to using it for low-impact and fun exercises - it comes with a lot of good information and instructions for a weekly "schedule" of movements. I have a Cubii which I sometimes pedal while watching a favorite TV program, but my stationary bike is seldom used because the seat HURTS! I even went to the bike store and bought a cushy gel-filled seat but it doesn't help much. I need to just get going a little bit at a time but on a regular basis. I found a pair of hand weights in my Mom's closet and the stretch bands she used during physical therapy, so I can incorporate them.

My neighborhod is very hilly with bad sidewalks and streets so I will have to walk in the alley since that's in better condition and pretty flat.

Respected Contributor

Good morning!

@LonestarBabs it's still January--you qualify whenever you start!!  Let us know how you like the Aerotrainer.

Still cold here, but not snowing.  I had 1.5 hours of dance lessons last night to prepare for the competition on Saturday.  I will be dancing 3 hours on Friday--2 lessons and one competition prep course.  On Saturday, I start at 9 and finish at 6:30.  I do have some breaks throughout the day, but it is going to be a very long day.

I have my trainer session in 15 minutes.  I told him no legs today---last week, my legs were sore for 3 days.

I can't remember if I posted--but all my cancer markers are good and I don't have to see the oncologist until July!  I had a post come up in my memories today from last year about how crushingly exhausted I was after finishing radiation.  As I recall--it lasted several months.  I still get exhausted pretty easily, but not like that.

Hope you all have a good day!  It's almost time for February!!

Respected Contributor

Happy Thursday!   I started out with 45 minutes on the treadmill, them moved onto a little Circuit on the total gym ( ab circuit), SanFran Fitness Day 8 rebounding/leg series and 10 minutes ab bouncing.  I just came in from a dog walk.  14 degrees it felt warmer than yesterday but snowy and icy on the trail.

@LonestarBabs welcome here and as @DrKelli  said anytime is a good time to start.  The important thing is you did and looking forward to hearing all about the Airtrainer.  Not sure what that is.  Will have to look it up.  

@DrKelli  so happy you don't have to see the dr. until July!  What a huge relief.  Glad the snow stopped!

Chicken in the crockpot and wild rice for dinner.  Homemade rolls, no sugar added.

Stay safe everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon!  Cold and rainy here in the City by the Bay.  The sun peeked out for a bit so I quick ran out to empty trash, recycling, and get mail.

Will do some Body Groove after work tonight.  Hope everyone is having a good day.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone! Hard to believe January is almost over.

I have very exciting news--one of our hospital systems--the one where I've had all my surgeries and cancer treatments--is instituting an "on call" policy for the covid vaccines.  If you live within 15 minutes of a facility, you can sign up and if they have 'left over' vaccines at the end of a clinic day--they will call you to come get a vaccine!  You bet I signed up!

I did not work out today, although I have 2 dance lessons and a class later today.  I'm saving my energy for tomorrow.  I am dancing 28 dances--all American ballroom, including smooth and Latin, plus I am the only one from my studio doing the Country dances!  It will be a long day--I start at 9 and finish at 6:30 (i do have some breaks during the day).  I have to leave my house by 630 am in order to get to the venue and get my makeup and wig on.  I hope the wig that my instructor had done for me fits.  I'm skeptical because the way he described it -- it may not work.  I have 2 other wigs I bought from HSN during their today's special.  I already put one in the suitcase I'm taking.  I also have to wrestle my tights on before I leave home because NOBODY needs to see that.  LOL!!

Have a good weekend!

Honored Contributor

Whew!  That's gonna be a lot of dancing, @DrKelli.  I'm sure you'll do well.

I'm signed up at the health dept but they don't have enough vaccine on hand to get past group 1a.  I'm group 1b.  Earlier today, I tried to get signed up with Walgreens online.  I already have an online account but saw nothing there directing me further.  I'm gonna call the pharmacy tomorrow for possible help.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!  Its a beautiful day here.  Sun is out, rain has stopped, and its chilly.  I love days like this.  Went for a walk at lunch along the water.  There is a beautiful trail along the water overlooking the Bay.  That'll be my exercise for the day.  

I signed up with the County to get my shot.  Who knows when that will happen.  I live in a large County and I'm in the over 65 age group so I'm sure it'll be a while yet.

@DrKelli good luck with your dancing and have fun!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning I'm about to get my Sunday workout started.   Just putting a plan in motion right now and having my coffee.

February tomorrow!!  Wow where is the time going but I'm glad I must say!  I get my 2nd Covid shot this Friday.... Then I'll be done.  Hubby still on the call back list ughhhh

Hoping those in the snow storm on the East coast stay safe.  We're not getting it for once!

Keep those bodies moving ya hear!!