Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, everyone!  Very chilly here these last few days.  Snow but just a little.

Sunday, the furnace went out but came back on after my husband turned it off for a while and then turned it back on.  So were warm for Sunday night but believe you me, we called a heating company first thing Monday morning.  I had already decided a couple of months ago that if it broke down again, we'd just replace it.  And we did.  Nice and toasty warm this morning, thank God.

Got an email from my fitness center this morning say that group fitness is being re-entered into the schedule starting today but mask had to be worn.  Previously, mask had to be worn for everything except group exercising.  I understand the why of that decision but my breathing is much more labored during a workout.  I'm naturally a sweater and with the mask on, it will get very damp.  So I have to think deeply about going back.  Wearing masks and no fans for air...........  And here I am still paying a monthly membership fee.

This morning I plan on doing my in front of the tv workout with weights.  At least 45 minutes.

Have a great day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Just got a correction from my fitness center......group exercising will NOT be opening right now.  Just the track.   Well, that's one  less decision I have to make right now.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Tuesday, started off with MaxiClimber workouts # 4 and 5 from Youtube and Rosalie Brown.   I don't have a MC so I use my Pilates chair and legs got a good pump, then moved on to her 4 minute Leg Magic workout with the Booty Band.. Glad I dragged this down from the garage again LOL... Then some abs/inner thigh work with another Rosalie Brown YouTube workout.   Just came in from a dog walk in the snow.   We're 21 outside.

@Mmsfoxxie  I would be uncomfortable working out in a mask.   To hard to breath when exerting... Well for now that decision has been made for you!

Chicken wraps for dinner.... Tomorrow is the big day.... Please Pray Everyone is Safe!

Respected Contributor

The Big Day is Here!!  God Bless America!!

I took a TG rest day but was active with 30 minutes rebounding and a 30 minute walk.  8 degrees above 0 and yes I still walk.   

I did watch a lot of the Inauguration and thought it went beautifully.  Loved the matching coats and clothing.   Lady Gaga knocked it out of the Park.   They all did... I was teared up!

Stay safe everyone!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

It was a really lovely inaugaration yesterday.  I cried through most of it because it was so emotional for me to see history being made (VP Harris!)

I had a dance lesson last night--I've only got like 3 more lessons before the competition next Saturday.  It's still on, but no spectators allowed and the usual Covid precautions.

I just finished my trainer workout, so I'm trying to quit sweating LOL!  It's kind of chilly here.  The wind is really blowing and the weather people said it was supposed to be LESS windy today.  It's barely started and I'm sick of winter.

Hope you are all doing okay!  It's almost the weekend!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, good people.  The sun is out!!

Yesterday, I did my hula hoop for about 20 minutes.  I noticed it was harder to do since my belly has expanded (crying).  Then I did some arm and shoulder exercises with my weights.  About half hour.  I thought about my bike over in the corner but the thought went away, lol.

I enjoyed the inauguration, too, but my boy Garth should have dressed better, lol.  I forgive him, though, because seeing him reminded me of his song that I love, The Dance.  It's a beautiful song that brings happy/sad tears to my eyes evoking past memories that were bittersweet.  I don't like a LOT of country music but there are a few artists that I listen to and he's one of them.

Enjoy your day, ladies!

Respected Contributor

Happy Thursday!   This morning I was feeling tired and I started late for me... I don't like when I start late.   I did Sanfran Fitness Day 1 of the 21 Day challenge.  You call can do this.   YouTube has it.  Today was all standing up leg work.  Then I did Total Gym 35 minutes Rosalies Circuits and Drills,  I Jump Instead jumping for total body and core and 10 minutes ab bouncing.  Just got in from doggie walk.

Just loved the Inauguration.  I cried also.  Lady Gaga my goodness!  They were all good.   I think Garth was just being Garth with the jeans and cowboy hat.  J Lo looked like an angel in all white!.

Snow coming tonight!

Stay safe!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone!  I also watched the inauguration and cried off and on all day.  I remember when Kamala Harris was DA in San Francisco and have watched her career ever since.  Being a Bay Area person, I was so happy to see her take her oath.  Not only because she was from the Bay Area but never did I think in my lifetime I would see a woman become VP, let alone a woman of color.  What a moment that was.  Amanda Gorman was beyond fabulous.  Lady Gaga, J Lo, and Garth knocked it out of the park,  The fireworks were beyond fabulous.  It was a wonderful day.

I haven't been feeling very well so not sure how much I'll be online the next day or so.   Don't think its anything serious - no fever at least.  Just logged off work for the day.  Going to bed.  Take care everyone!

Honored Contributor

Oh, my.  @JudyL, please take care of yourself!

Respected Contributor

Hi all!

It's sunny here, but cold--there is a breeze blowing and with my  lack of hair--even with a hat, it just cuts right through me.

@JudyL I completely agree with you about the VP.  I never thought we would see a woman in a position of power like that.  If you are of a certain age, and I'm only 60, you remember a time not so long ago that you had to have your husband's permission to buy a car or to sign the loan for you.  When I went to college in 1978, my dad had to be on my checking account, even though I was 18 and legally an adult.  I was turned down for two jobs in 1982-83--the first refused to interview me because I was unmarried (i had just graduated from college) and the second wouldn't hire me because I was young and would probably get pregnant in a few years.  And yes, both places said exactly those things to me.

My workout yesterday gave me VERY sore legs and I  made sure I texted my trainer and told him I hated him.  Today I have a dance lesson at 3.  Tomorrow it is LaBlast followed by yoga.  I am still not a huge fan of the yoga, but I know it is good for me, so I am going to keep doing it.  I really miss my restorative class and teacher, but she is probably long gone since they are not having many group classes at the gym.  I gave up my membership there and won't join back until all this covid stuff is done.  Mainly because we won't be back in the office for a long time.

I saw on the news that they are going to set up a test mass vaccination site at Coors Field--I understand that they need a huge venue for it, but it is in a terrible place--there is no large parking lot and it is in downtown Denver in an area that isn't designed for massive amounts of traffic.  The Pepsi center is a bit better, but again--it is close to downtown, albeit, a bigger parking area. It's where they had one of the first testing sites.  All I know is that when they tell me I can make the appointment, you can bet I will, no matter where I have to go.

Hope you all have a good weekend---the weather people are back and forth on snow over the weekend.  And next week, I have my 6 month follow up with the oncologist. (and dermatologist for the alopecia--I'm still losing hair).