Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Hi all,

No workout for me today, unless you count being annoyed as all get out by work.  Srsly, I've been in the safety field for 30 years and all of a sudden, people who have no idea what is going on are questioning me about a process that I could do in my sleep.  And not just a "teach me about it" type of questionning, but "are you doing this right" questions.

I better just say hi and leave because I'm annoyed all over again.  Hope you all have a good rest of your day.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, kind of a scheduled rest day.   I did jump for 30 minutes and did a short video with TG and a doggie walk.   I also got my Covid appt. and what a hassel.   400 appt.s gone in 30 seconds.  I'm lucky to have gotten online to make mine but hubby didn't get one and he needs it more than I do.  I feel guilty about it.  I never dreamed I could not get him one.  I immediately went back to make his and everything was gone.   

@DrKelli  sorry you are having a bad day!!

It's sunny here today and in the mid 30's and I loved it.  Tomorrow a system coming in.   I have groceries tomorrow morning also.

Stay safe everyone

Respected Contributor

Hey hey I was out the door by 9 to get a grocery pick up today.  Came right home and put it away and started working out.   I did a Rosalie Brown Go Slow and Hold on my TG from Youtube and it kept having ads popping on in the middle so I messaged her and she said she would fix it.  She is so responsive that is what I like about her.   Then I did some freestyle rebounding and 10 minutes ab bouncing.

Heading out to walk the trail now before the snow system starts.

Is everyone doing okay so far this month.   Lets kick it up and commit to our workouts and our health!

Stay safe!

Trusted Contributor

@bopper  I have read your posts mentioning ab bouncing.  Would you describe what that is please?😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  The wind finally calmed down here, but our friends in the midwest are in for a terrible storm it looks like!

I had my dance lesson last night and wore my 'big girl' shoes (the 2 inch heels).  Unfortunately, now I have blisters on 2 toes because I wore them with no socks.  I'm going to have to figure out what to do because the competition is 15 days away.  I can always go back to my 'trainer' shoes (LOL).

I knew that this was going to happen, but I'm very short on my paycheck--it has to do with the merger of my company with another and the fact that we were only paid for 1 week--long story, but it left me super short.  Our bonus pays out next week, so it will be made up then (sort of)--the second check of the month on the 29th will catch me up.  I have enough squirreled away to cover it, but it is still shocking.

I've been trying to refi my house--it's not a horrible process and I don't need to get an appraisal this time, but it's still annoying.  I'm saving almost a percentage point in interest and I can get rid of the private mortgage insurance which was almost $70 a month.

I'm supposed to do a race on Sunday, but already the "I don't want to do it" has set in.  I'm not at a competitive level any more and I just don't have much fun, but I committed to the 5 race series. So we'll see.  I'm going to try to get a good walk in later today and I have LaBlast and Yoga tomorrow.  That is one of my commitments this year--that I am going to get back to yoga (although I desperately miss my Restorative class) and take more classes at the studio.

Hope you all have a good weekend--I get a 3 day one--they swapped President's Day for MLK day.

Respected Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@bopper  I have read your posts mentioning ab bouncing.  Would you describe what that is please?😊

Hey there this is done on my rebounder.  You lay down on your back, legs straight up in the air, head on a pillow and just with a little momentum you start to push your bum into the mat, but you MUST engage the abs to bounce which means suck them in tight, exhale all the breath our and then just keep bouncing off the mat, not a big bounce but just a little bounce and keep those legs up, your lower back must be rounded or you will fatigue in the back.   I do it every day for 10 minutes and am especially conscious of sucking in my tumming really tight and keeping my back rounded.   Check out I Jump Instead on YouTube and find their Ab bouncing video for more explanation.

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday.   workout was about 50 minutes on the TG with TG TV and then rebounding with I Jump Instead Level 2 Sit bouncing for core and face.

Baking bread for the week ahead and getting ready for football.

Hope everyone is exercising.   I do it for my health and I hope you do as well!

Had my 1st Covid vaccine yesterday.  That was a miracle I got into the webiste.  530 appt. gone in 30 seconds.

Trusted Contributor

@bopper wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

Hey there this is done on my rebounder.  You lay down on your back, legs straight up in the air, head on a pillow and just with a little momentum you start to push your bum into the mat, but you MUST engage the abs to bounce which means suck them in tight, exhale all the breath our and then just keep bouncing off the mat, not a big bounce but just a little bounce and keep those legs up, your lower back must be rounded or you will fatigue in the back.   I do it every day for 10 minutes and am especially conscious of sucking in my tumming really tight and keeping my back rounded.   Check out I Jump Instead on YouTube and find their Ab bouncing video for more explanation.

Thanks @bopper for the detailed explanation, I will try this as my core really needs strengthening. Have a great day!😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

That's great @bopper.  I registered online for mine in my area last Wednesday or Thursday but have not heard from anyone.  Do you know which one you got?  My father was given one last week and he had no side effects.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, meh kind of day.   Stressful morning trying to schedule hubby for a vaccine.  Online for over an hour trying to get through and didn't get one.   30 seconds again all appointments for 3 entire days were gone....  Stuff like this  sends me over the edge.

He is on a list at the Meijers pharmacy but who knows when they will receive the vaccines....this was through our Health Dept. 

So this morning I couldn't focus so did my own thing on TG for 40 minutes and then did 30 rebounding 10 minutes of sit bouncing raising the legs alternating, 10 minutes of ab bouncing, and 10 minutes of various moves standing up.  Just came in from a dog walk in the woods.  That was peaceful and pretty.

Hoping everyone is doing okay here!

@Mmsfoxxie  my dad got his 1st shot also at the VA.....