Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Sunday Funday!   Today I did my Pilates Chair but....... the clincher is I used Rosalie Brown's MaxiClimber workout and when she was doing her pedals I did the Chair pedals and when she sprinted I turned around and did running on my chair and it was great.  I did 2 workouts today like that and then did another 55 minutes in my regular rebounder to David Hall's Cellerciser workout, I Jump Instead Level 2/3 strengthening and core jumping and Level 1/2 Ballet stretch and jumping.  Hubby and I walked 3 miles this afternoon.

Football and homemade vegi soup now.   

@amyb  I wasn't worried you fell off the rails.... The Holidays were well lets say... different Haha....  Great for finishing the challenge too!

Where is everyone else!

Stay safe!

Respected Contributor

Sunday post~we did an hour, 3 mile walk on our beach/Greenway trail.

Did only a little on the rebounder...didn't make it to the hardware store today to get the silicone spray... it really got in the way of my finishing that 7 day challenge properly. Smiley Sad

But it just needs to be done...it's too annoying/squeaky to use now. Weird too because I've never had it do this before like this...but then I never did 20 minute rebounding day after day...still....it has only been about a month of steady reformer use.

On the list for this week is the cleaning of the wheels, tracks, silicone... I'm dreading it, but I think I need to take it apart to do it. I hope it works! I don't think I should need new wheels yet....

Anyhoo...that's the update from me~have a good/active/accopmplished day, all! Smiley Happy 👊

Respected Contributor

Hi...since I'm new here, not used to all the workout references people post, and abbreviations...what is TG??

Spinach lasagna....yummmm....homemade?

Reading everyone's workouts here...I've got to up my game this year to be here! lol...I'm just happy I'm doing something everyday...and I feel tighter than I did months ago.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Hi, everyone!

Yesterday I did some upper body work with two and three pound weights.  Yeah, I know it's baby weight size, lol.  Also did three sets of stairs and in place walking.

Have a good weekend!

Hi there @Mmsfoxxie ...just wanted to tell you...before Covid I used to take a Tone/Cardio class at my community center...she ONLY ever used 1-3 lb weights, and with the moves she did with the arms, it was effective always! BUT...and everyone was in agreement with this....it was the classes where she occasionally used NO weights but only moves with our arms and our own resistence that we felt the MOST! She confirmed, you absolutely can get results with your own body resistence, and certain challenging moves, as much as with light weights. So as long as it's challenging you...lighter weights are for certain types of working out...more reps, lighter weights, moving with weights etc. Obviously, a body builder is going for something else with heavy weights. Hope that encourages you...keep going! 

Honored Contributor

Hi, @amyb  and welcome to our group!

Thank you for those uplifting words.  And you're so right!  I think I put it in my own head that I should lift heavier weights because my ladies friends at my fitness center, for the most part, used five lbs and up unless we were doing flys, for example.  (Lord, I wish I could be with them right now!  Darn pandemic!)

You might not be old enough to remember the female body builder from the eighties Rachel McLish but that woman was gorgeous!  Used light weights and was very defined not to mention she was pretty.

Hi, everybody else!  I'm hanging in there but the pre-pandemic me and the me now are definitely not the same.  You guys recall that I was doing at least two classes four or five times a week at my fitness center.  Physical things have happened that cause me limitations but besides that I see that I do better staying motivated when I'm around people that see me and interact with me.  Same with eating...that WW using zoom that we were reduced to was nothing for me.  I needed to be around others trying to lose weight, looking at them and them looking at me.

Something is better than nothing and I'm not giving up.  I'm keeping my fitness membership, though, mainly because I want to help them stay in business.  They rely on individual memberships only.  No Silver Sneakers (Medicare Advantage insurance) enrollees.

Have a great day everyone!

@bopper, hope your father is doing ok!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@amyb TG is Total Gym.  Our Bopper is a superstar on the TG--they even wanted her to film a testimonial!

@bopper we did get snow Saturday--about 2 inches.  It was 'January' snow, meaning very dry and fluffy--the best kind to ski in and the better kind to shovel since it doesn't weigh a ton like spring snow does.

Didn't do LaBlast Saturday because they moved the time and I had a hair appointment, but will do it today and tomorrow.  I have a race this coming Sunday--I'm in no way competitive any more, but I guess I'll show up and do it.

I hope you all had a good weekend!!

Respected Contributor

@amyb wrote:

Hi...since I'm new here, not used to all the workout references people post, and abbreviations...what is TG??

Spinach lasagna....yummmm....homemade?

Reading everyone's workouts here...I've got to up my game this year to be here! lol...I'm just happy I'm doing something everyday...and I feel tighter than I did months ago.

Hey amy TG is Total Gym  Smiley Wink  Glad you are here!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday yes Total Gym is TG.    Today I started with an oldie Bob Harper Yoga, I need to do more mobility work, that helps you with all other types of workouts.   Then did San Fran Fitness rebounding workout about 30 minutes, 10 minutes laying down ab bouncing and then came up with another idea with my pilates chair.   I set my chair facing the rebounder.  Sat on the rebounder and used the chair pedals to simulate running and I felt it lots in my lower abs and thighs.   Then I got up and turned around facing the rebounder back to the pedals.  Bend over and place your hands on the mat and do your running this way.   Just something different and I know Pilates folks may not like it as it's not doing the chair as it's intended but I like to make up stuff.   Dog walk was this afternoon.

@DrKelli  my son said they didn't get much but today he said it was cold but sunny.   Always sunny there it seems you are so lucky.  We have a hard time getting rid of clouds this time of year and I think it is because of the big lake.   Is your hand all healed?

My gf broke her pelvis at the ski hill, feel so bad for her.... I am not even sure if they do anything for that to be honest.   

We had my left over vegetable soup for dinner, brought dad a container also.  

Stay safe everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good evening everyone.  Glad to see people are sticking with their workouts.  I'll get back to it at some point.

We haven't heard from MickD since the holidays.  Getting a little concerned.  Hope she checks in soon.  Also concerned about Laura14 as we haven't heard from her and I haven't seen her posting on any other threads since beginning of November.

Chilly but sunny in the little City by the Bay.  Can't say "City by the Bay" anymore cuz I haven't been there since March! LOL

Take care!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  It's a cold start again this morning--16 degrees!

@bopper my hands are doing very well.  The incision is completely healed, but I still have a bit of sensitivity in them.  But pain wise--I had immediate relief after surgery and almost no pain at all now aside from the sensitivity!  So glad I did it.

I'll do LaBlast this morning for my workout, so that's covered.  There is a class tomorrow morning at 7 am, but I don't have my act together enough to do that early.

We've gone to orange level in most counties--limited indoor dining, limited people at the gym.  They have started the vaccines, but as is the case with the rest of the country, it is a very slow process.  I've moved up on the list (due to age) and should get my shots in the spring sometime.  I don't think I will return to the office full time any time soon though.

I emailed the dance competition people yesterday because they used to have tickets for spectators, but that form was gone as of yesterday and according to them, the competition may not happen.  It wouldn't surprise me because the numbers are starting to go back up again.

I hope @MickD is doing well and hope @Laura14 comes back soon.  I know she does take a pretty lengthy break once in awhile.