Esteemed Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Dr. Kelli--I know this has been a challenge for you but you have made it through the worst part. Those follow up visits serve a purpose but they are also a reminder that the dreaded C word can return at any time. I am on year 5 and down to once a year follow up.

This is a look at  my stats for the past week:

FitbitJan28.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Good cloudy morning, everyone.

@JudyL, now that you mention it, I do remember your rotator cuff injury.  On the bus, wasn't it??  I have the memory of a gnat, lol.  I gave hubby my schedule so that he can plan his appointments around mine so that I can drive him to the doctor and he says he can drive with his other arm.  Huh....sounds risky to me since he's not suppose to use his right arm.  (Calgon, take me awayyyy).

Body & Sculpt this morning with a dose of walking afterwards.  Have a great day, all!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

@Mmsfoxxie rotator cuff injuries are terrible.  I tore the other tendon (Labrum) in my shoulder and had to have surgery 14 years ago.  I ended up with frozen should and had to have a second surgery to bust up all the scar tissue.  That was not fun at all.  You have to do the exercises to avoid surgery because it is a terrible surgery to recover from.  As for your question--when I go to 'dance parties' at the studio, there are usually more men than women, so I don't even get to sit down.  For the show case, I am dancing with the owner of the studio, who is a competitive ballroom dancer, and one of the other instructors.

I didn't work out yesterday and it's going to take everything I've got to do it today. I'm just not in the mood.  But if I don't go today, I will only get one workout in this week because I've got a stupid meeting tomorrow at yoga time and Saturday, my BFF and I are going to the Donna Summer musical.  I'm glad I got season tickets because there are shows I normally wouldn't have gone to.  I like Donna's music, but I don't think my friend is a huge fan--she wasn't that into disco.

My friend from Oklahoma is coming to town--he is working and he was going to stay the weekend so that we could do something, but unfortunately, I had theater tickets and those couldn't be changed, so I'll meet him for dinner one night that he is here.

Hope you have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!

@Mmsfoxxie Yes it was the subway train where I hurt my rotator cuff.  Like @DrKelli said your husband must do his exercises.  My sister hurt her shoulder and got frozen shoulder and it was not fun.  I was determined not to have that happen so did mine.  Probably the only time in my life that I have ever been consistent with exercise!  LOL

Didn't sleep well last night so the alarm went off to get up and feed the cat and work out and well, I fed the cat and went straight back to bed.  Maybe tonight.

Good work @KonaKat  - you are doing great!  

Wishing everyone a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hello, this morning was so dreay and depressing it was hard to het motivated but mind over matter and I crushed it, with 80 minutes on the reformer, over 400 calories burned there, 30 on the treadmill with 300 calories burned, and 27 minutes of Adriene Yoga with 90 calories burned... I"m busting it here so I better see results!  

My shoulders both hurt at the rotator area, I am not going to the dr. for it either, heard the nightmares about that ******.   I am careful with my shoulder movements that I do.   Lower back/hip still stiff and crunched up, I swear happened from doing a booty lift workout with a band above my knees and pulsing out to the sides because its the side upper hip that is giving me fits!

Everyone is doing great   

I love Donna Summer , and workout to her on my Pandora app.

Wishing everyone a wonderful rest of the day!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, Happy Hump Day!   I may do a recovery day today, I burned over 800 exercise calories yesterday and slept like a log!

Freezing rain here, some schools are closed because back roads are too icy.

Did anyone else order the Reebok's yesterday?   I got black and white, so I hope they don't look like "boats" on my big feet, if they do I am sending them back.   I heard her say of course after I ordered they were not a workout shoe.  I was hoping to be able to do my walks in them but maybe not, maybe just a kicking around shoe.

Oh well, some people liked them and some said they were "old people's shoes", I thought kind of retro.

Any way, hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

I had a rough day yesterday.  I almost quit the workout 10 minutes into it.  Usually after 10 minutes, my endorphines are firing, so I feel pretty good, but yesterday--no.  My trainer was all--it's okay--you made it here, you did a little.  I managed to be stubborn enough that I got through 30 minutes.  Then I went to bed at 6:15 last night, fell asleep by 6:30 and slept until 4:30 this morning.

I won't get to go to yoga today because we have a stupid all hands meeting--boo.  Next week I start Contemporary dance for ballroom and my private lessons, which I'm looking forward to.

@bopper I hope you like your reeboks.  My favorite walking shoes are ASICS.  If you have a wide foot, New Balance is pretty  good. I have the opposite problem--I have a very narrow foot.

Hope you all have a good day!  I'll be starting my taxes tonight, fingers crossed I don't have to pay!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli GET I hope you're feeling better.  Rest up woman!

@bopper I thought the black and white reeboks looked cute!

Today is my son's 20th birthday!  We went on the beach trail along the ocean.  He has never been.  I used to run it often before it got insanely busy with people, dogs, strollers.

Ran 3.59mi/45 whatever minutes.....my tracker didn't stop.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

Well, I'm having a 'good' day today and I had a pretty good day yesterday (even though I didn't work out).  I managed to stay awake until 8 last night so that was good because I wasn't really even dozing off.

Today I am getting my strength training in and I'm getting ready to start dance training next week.  I think the weather may mess me up on Tuesday, we're supposed to have snow boo.

I see the oncologist today and hopefully won't have to go back to him for 3 or 6 months.

Hope you all have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, this morning I did almost 90 minutes on the reformer, the first 25 minutes was glute work with a band and ball and I ended up losing both because hip flexor ******, never goes away, and my hip is still crunched up... LOL, I still keep plugging along...

@DrKelli  prayers to you today at your appt.  You really have conquered a lot in a short amount of time and I understand you feel very tired and run down.  You are allowed, you can't be strong all the time and we know you, so we know you are already strong!!!

@MickD that sounds like a lovely place to run!   I hope we both like the shoes, after reading about people saying they looked cheap and like old peoples I had second thoughts so hopefully they are comfortable and cute.  Sometimes on my "boats" they look funny cause my feet are so long.

I'm watching Valerie, need to see some Spring stuff while looking out at the mountains of snow, and 2 months to go!!!

Oh @DrKelli  my son said 70 in your neck of the woods Sunday, so jealous!

Super Bowl Sunday soon!!!