Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD

[ Edited ]

@tony14smoke, I'm visualizing @bopper @cracking a whip, lol.  She's a good motivator, alright.  Another good thing about this group are the varying ideas for ways to exercise.  We've got some experts on here.

Y'all have heard of snowed in?  Well, I'm iced in this morning.  We've had very strange weather for the last four days with extremely high winds.  But yesterday the hard rains started which later turned to snow when the temps dropped.  This morning is an ice skating rink on the streets.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@tony14smoke i think Molly has allergies like my pitty-shepherd mix, Rex.  She has been excessively licking her front pads/paws.  Last week it was one paw, then the week before it was another.

The vet has rex on an allergy med.  Shepherds have had allergies the past couple years as I was told.  I have been giving a half pill to Molly ....it is doing the trick so far.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good afternoon!  Just got done doing yoga.  Meant to do it yesterday but didn't get around to it.

Today I'm going to do chili in my InstaPot, watch football or whatever else I feel like doing.  All is know is that it won't be housework.  HAHA  

@tony14smoke always glad to see you drop in and post - exercising or not.

@Mmsfoxxie stay inside and stay warm! 

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday, including our four-legged children.

Honored Contributor

Yoga complete although I substituted plank for crow which is not going to happen.  

I was a little more productive today.  I actually got dressed and did laundry and food shopping.  Also entered a writing contest so checking off a few resolutions along the way today.  And I made a big batch of sweet potato hash browns for the week.  I plan to make beef stew in my pressure cooker tomorrow as well.  It feels so good to be back in routine.

Have a great Sunday.  

Respected Contributor

Hey hey, I laughed at the posts tonight

@tony14smoke  Oh my dear, you think you are hiding........  nobody hides from the Bop!  Just when you think you are safe, Boom, I'm there in that little cloud above your head saying, Give me 20, Break a Bead, Keep Going!!!!!!!!   Hahaha   Love that you are here!

@MickD My boy has allergies in the Fall, licking his paws, he sometimes does need Prednisone until we get a freeze here.

@JudyL Chili, I'll have to try that, I did hard boiled eggs today and a chicken breast I'll cut up for sandwiches.  Could you tell me how to do it, I'm pretty new at this.

@Mmsfoxxie Oh gosh I'm forgetting now what you said.... Oh yeah, the ice, we seem to have had lots this year always preceeding heavy snow.  I hate driving on snow and I won't drive on ice.  I really haven't gone hardly anywhere, too many sick people, this is a terrible flu year! 

@Laura14  I did Yoga today and no crow here!!!   I got sort of into position and kept my feet down on the floor, I'll never be doing that, my arms aren't even in alignment enough to put my knees on that area.  Sweet Potato hashbrowns, I wonder if I"d like that, I'm trying to get in more SP, but hubby isn't a fan.  Unless there are marshmellows on top.  Stew sounds good too.  I am trying to watch my carbs, I struggle so much with weight, I'm 17 pounds up from 2 years ago, yes I said it, and I hate it.  I had a hard time even typing that!!  Don't tell anyone shhhhhhhh

Go Pack Go!

Honored Contributor

@bopper If he likes French fries, same thing.  I cut up sweet potatoes, shred them in the Vitamix, toss them in a pan with olive oil and seasoning and voila.  I can throw it in the stew or make potato pancakes or anything else I can think of.  Very versatile.  

I fell over for the first time in a long time doing the lunge.  I laughed at myself and then got back into position.  As Adriene says, the floor will catch you if it happens and it did.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@bopper don't know if you want the actual recipe I used.  I have the 6 qt InstaPot so its a recipe specially for that size of pot.  Basically browned the meat, then added the onion, bell pepper, spices, and cooked together for a bit.  Threw it in the InstaPot and added beef broth, tomatoes, kidney beans, cilantro, salt & pepper.  The recipe said to spoon 3T of tomato paste on top but don't stir in.  Then set the Instapot on soup/broth on high pressure for 12 minutes.  Natural release of steam.

This was only the 2nd time I've used it since I got it so still not quite comfortable cooking with it yet.  But everything went fine and it came out great.  Had some for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow and froze the rest.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL @Laura14  I love my instant pot too.  I don't eat meat, but when my son craves meat......I throw any cut of beef with tomatoes, onion, peppers, potatoes, spices......he loves it.   Just dump and cook......fool-proof.

My son also loves sweet potatoes......thanks for the reminder.....I need to start making fries in the air fryer.  I never ate them growing up, so not a big fan yet.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  The weather has decided to calm down, thank God.

Today, I will do my Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion classes and call it a day

Everyone have a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  I was super lazy the last 4 days, although I did go to LaBlast on Saturday.  I was exhausted when it was over, but I finished the whole class.  Tonight after radiation, I'm going to do a one mile LS and a 30 minute yoga class.  I'm halfway through my treatments--I have all week this week, plus 3 days next week.

Hope you all have a good day!