Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Hello All, I got in exercise every day but one this week.  The rebounder is pretty boring, but I have it so I will use it!

I also have a recumbent bike but that particular exercise is not helpful to bone building, which I need.  I know there are other things I can do.  I really prefer walking but will not do that in the winter.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention - I received the yoga blocks today that I ordered from Amazon and used them this afternoon.  So glad I got them!  They did help. Thank you to @DrKelli  for suggesting them.

Honored Contributor

Did day 4 of activate.  Thought it would be more core so I added it in.   Sometimes she's a talker.  Have a great day all!

Respected Contributor

Hey hey, @Laura14 I also did day 4 Activate, it was a little more interesting than the previous 3 days at least for me.   Just standing with both feet totally together takes activation and balance and the lunge too raising the arms up.  I like it though, sure hoping this helps me in all areas of my life and with weight loss.   Wonder what tomorrow brings.  I have a couple yoga blocks but they are different sizes, I wish they were both the same for foreward fold, because I can get my finger tips down to the ground but not without a slight bend in my knees, which I know is fine though.   @JudyL are you doing this same Adriene 30 day challenge?

I made a weeks worth or I should say 5 days worth of steel cut oats in the IP today.  The steam was leaking from the front of the lid though and I am certain I had the lid on correctly and the ring inside the lid right but something had to have been off, it turned out though but I want to find out why.  I installed the IP app on my phone too and that has been helpful.

@KonaKat  how you doing? 

@Mom2Dogs what kind of dogs do you have?  I have a sassy Sheltie!

@Tshirtgal Howdy do!   

Just watching football here, If tomorrow isn't too slippery I'll head to town to clean dads house, way way over do, oh yippie me!  

Good niight everyone!

Honored Contributor

@bopper ...dh and I have always had dogs, but just one at a time!

Our dog is a mix of bichon and shih tzu.  She is probably the best behaved, mild manered dog we have ever had...such a joy!

Thanks for asking!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  I decided today would be a rest day but you never know.  I'm kinda missing doing yoga.

@bopper I'm doing Adriene's beginning yoga videos.  She has 2 of them.  So far I've done 1 but think this week I'll try the other one.  Wanted to do the 30-day calendar but just didn't think I was up to it.  Hoping for February.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Another windy weekend here, not to mention the snowy Saturday morning.  Overall, this has still been a mild winter here so far.

Ok....it's gonna be a brand new show for me going forward in 2020.  Well, not new....back to the more regimented me, lol.  No eating out scheduled for at least the next two months.

This morning I'll do my Senior Cardio class and then my Strength & Motion weight class.  No sugary snacks.  Gonna take it day by day.

Enjoy this beautiful Monday!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Did the yoga for the day. Hope everyone has a great Monday.
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all! I've been pretty good about doing yoga every day.  I didn't do anything on Saturday because I had a hair appointment and then the theater.  Then I went home and slept almost 11 hours.  We saw Escape to Margaritaville.  It was cute--a solid 8.  There were 2 scenes that made me laugh--the first one was the song Volcano and the guy that sang it and the second one was a big production number and to start it off, the character said 'I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE IN A TAP DANCE NUMBER!!"  I turned to my friend and said THAT'S ME FOR THE BALLROOM SHOWCASE!!

This is my first full week of radiation.  Normally it would be a work from home Friday, but I absolutely have to attend a safety meeting at one of my plants on Friday.  I don't know if I will just show up for that and then go home, or just work from there until 1:15 or so and go right to my radiation appointment.

@Mmsfoxxie I'm definitely trying to cut back on sweets.  My triglycerides are really high, but I have the feeling that the medications I was on artificially jacked them up.  I allow myself something really good after dinner--piece of chocolate, a cookie or ice cream, but a reasonable serving.

I'll do a Leslie Sansone and a yoga session tonight.  I still don't feel like I can get back to the high impact class yet.  They took the morning yoga class out of their schedule, so I don't have that option any more.

Hope you all have a good day!

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning, everyone! I went to the city yesterday to meet with my niece. I ate appropriately but didn't exercise so it was a "day of rest." Having skipped a day, it was tempting this morning to skip it again as I wasn't feeling the best. I did, however,  pedaled away to an episode on Netflix and put in an hour with 42 minutes of it being in the cardio zone according to the FitBit.

Everyone is doing a fantastic  job. The pilates sounds great but I don't have room for the machine.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.