Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, dear group!  I woke up to a beautiful white encrusted day with covered trees looking like a post card.  Still snowing lightly.

I'm happy to see everybody so active....starting the new year off right.  I'm playing catch up but I'll be in the right place soon.  @Laura14 , sounds like you're feeling better.  @DrKelli, keep on being strong.  This, too, shall pass and be a memory.

In my self diagnosing, I think I had a bad bout of indigestion due to eating too much of what not only puts weight on me but somethin my stomach can't tolerate like it used too.  Might not be lactose intolerance but it sure felt like the symptoms.  Anyway, my stomach is 90% normal now.  So on to eating less and better.

I'm not a snow driver as you might have noticed so I'm gonna do at home stuff.  Walking in place, stairs and my newly discovered from the closet stair stepper.  I could have an exercise equipment yard sale, I've got so much forgotten stuff!  The money I've spent over the years.

Have a great weekend!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie I am very achy from sick or yoga I am not sure. Glad you are feeling better.

I did day 3 of yoga and she is really bringing it. The past two calendars were easier!

Exercise done. Gonna take it easy and rest up. Hope everyone has a great start to their weekend.
Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, today is my hubby's 65th Birthday!  We're going to dinner tonight.

@Mmsfoxxie i live in snow and am not a fan of driving in it, and this winter so much ice..

@DrKelli  I second everyone else, stay strong and before you can blink this will be all over!

@Laura14 are you doing the Adriene Calendar?  I did day 3 today.  I am pleasantly surprised I can do everything so far.   I am enjoying this and the length of the workouts.

How are the rest of you all doing?   I suppose I should take down my stuff, or maybe tomorrow.  

Yesterday I added on the Yoga for low back and hips, I need that too.

Football today and tomorrow, hard walking outside on this icy stuff so not getting the steps in but am working out!

Take good care everyone.

Honored Contributor

@bopper I am doing her new January one.  This is as intense as she usually gets save for some core workouts so great job!  And happy birthday to your husband.  

Esteemed Contributor

I got 5 days of exercise in this week. According to the FitBit, I got in 3 hr and 40 minutes this week and today the equivalent of 6299 steps. Of the 60 minutes of exercise today, 41 minutes was in the cardio zone and 6 minutes in the higher peak zone.

@bopper  Happy Birthday to DH; enjoy your dinner out. I'm sure you will be making healthy but enjoyable choices.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat Way to go!!!!!

@bopper Happy birthday wishes to your DH!!!

The chiro thinks the treadmill may have caused the pinched nerve in my foot.  Wants me to do real runs as the treadmill causes people to push off more with their toes.

Did a trail run with Molly.  I think I did 3.56mi/33ish minutes (I looked at my phone real fast then forgot to turn off the running app).  We shall see how my ankle is tomorrow....

I just sat down ...spent about 3 hours in the kitchen making dinner for the fam.  Husband has been sick off and on for over a week, and 2 of my son's co-workers are in the hospital.....totally don't need what's going around right now!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

@MickDI can't do treadmills; the impact does a number on my knees. I can handle recumbant bikes, however. I do hope you don't get the bug that is affecting those around you. Keep up the good work! Pinched nerves are no fun!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Super Contributor

Being 65 and living in Wisconsin, I decided that the risk of walking outside on snow and ice was too great for falling and I have no desire to work out at home, so I joined the YMCA. My membership is free because my Medicare supplement includes a health care membership.  Bargain of a lifetime.  The "silver sneakers" senior classes are free and I must say, I am enjoying not only the workouts but being around other people. The Y is new, clean, and I am energized by the seniors my age attending every day.  The Y offers a walking track, weight machines, tread and elipticle machines, floor excercise, senior yoga, and pool classes.    For any senior needing a little nudge, check out your insurance and see if you are eligible.  Some health clubs honor the "silver sneaker" program too.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!  Lots of great posts today.

Happy Birthday wishes to @bopper 's DH!  Enjoy your dinner out.

@Tshirtgal welcome to the group.  I've heard of "silver sneakers" its great that you have such a nice Y nearby that you can go to.

@MickD hope your pinched nerve heals fast - they are not fun.

@Laura14 good for you for keeping up the exercising when you don't feel well.  Not sure I could do that.

@KonaKat congrats on the great workouts this week!  Thats fabulous!

I know I'm forgetting some posts so I do apologize.  Today was a fairly busy day for me but I did get in my 40 min yoga workout.  

Wishing everyone a nice Saturday evening!

Honored Contributor

Went back to edit my post but the edit didn't go through.

@KonaKat  congrats on the 5 workouts this week.  That is fabulous!