Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD FOR 2018

Good morning everyone.  Going to be in the upper40s today...with a little rain this afternoon .  (:

@bopper, yes, I remember Gilad on ESPN.  I used to exercise with him.  And Body by Jake.  I have two or three of Richard Simmons videos...."Build Me Up, Buttercup".  I think he's sick now, poor man.  I think I still have Jane Fonda's first exercise video....the one where she exercised barefoot which was so wrong.  I was a stay at home mom in the 80s and I exercised a lot with videos, tv and Women's Workout World.  Twenty-two inch waistline and between 110 -115 lbs.  Now that I look at pics of me back then, I wish I would have appreciated myself more.  Human flaw in a lot of people.

No formal workout today.  I must go get a pedicure.  My tire pressure light is on again so I have to check that.....again.

Have a great day everybody!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi all!  Quick pop in--I remember Gilad from a weird source.  When Janice Dickenson had her version of America's Next Top Model (Only she ran an agency that booked models), one of the jobs she was trying to book was one of his videos.

I have a good story for you--currently, I am teaching an Industrial Safety class for a major online university. I've taught for them for 7 years now.  I have 21 students, which is a lot of students when you have 21 papers plus 5 team assignments every week, plus all the online posting required.  I have one week to go in the class (thank God).  I was sitting down to grade papers last night and I was on the last 2 and they BOTH turned in the SAME PAPER!!!  Exactly the same.  Because I have so many students, had I not graded them one after another, I might not have caught them.  But really?  So they probably purchased the paper from one of those websites that does your work for you.  Unbelievable. Now I have to file a plagiarism report and they could both be thrown out.

Today is yoga and tomorrow I teach Zumba at lunch at my regular gym and La Blast demo tomorrow night.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Hi all!  Quick pop in--I remember Gilad from a weird source.  When Janice Dickenson had her version of America's Next Top Model (Only she ran an agency that booked models), one of the jobs she was trying to book was one of his videos.

I have a good story for you--currently, I am teaching an Industrial Safety class for a major online university. I've taught for them for 7 years now.  I have 21 students, which is a lot of students when you have 21 papers plus 5 team assignments every week, plus all the online posting required.  I have one week to go in the class (thank God).  I was sitting down to grade papers last night and I was on the last 2 and they BOTH turned in the SAME PAPER!!!  Exactly the same.  Because I have so many students, had I not graded them one after another, I might not have caught them.  But really?  So they probably purchased the paper from one of those websites that does your work for you.  Unbelievable. Now I have to file a plagiarism report and they could both be thrown out.

Today is yoga and tomorrow I teach Zumba at lunch at my regular gym and La Blast demo tomorrow night.

@DrKelli  Smiley Surprised  What is with people?  And on an online class too?  Unless someone is forcing them to take it for job purposes, why would you enroll and not do the work?  It's amazing all of us got through our own schooling without the internet and having to Smiley Surprised drive to a library to plagerise something from a book. 

At least put it into your own words.  It's not that hard.      

Respected Contributor

A small update to the plagiarism story--I found the website and THE ACTUAL PAPER that these two cretins purchased and sent it to the academic integrity committee at the university.  Heck with giving them the chance to explain.  Because THEY CAN'T.

Honored Contributor

OMG @DrKelli!  The laziness and lack of ethics some people have these days!  And to put you in the position to have to file these charges against them!  I'm sure they will blame YOU for doing your duty.  How sad.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The January peeps showed up.  So far, they didn't cramp my style but I had my hired sniper sitting on my step which may have helped deter people.  Smiley Wink

Nudie was back with her two tops and solid pants.  She looked like a sausage wrapped too tight but she was covered.  High five!

Mrs. Rudeness was back too.  She came in 20 minutes late to keep her title so we all know what New Year's Resolution she didn't make.  

We had a sub for Ride.  A guy who has met me twice introduced himself again and was glad to meet me for the first time.  Okay.  We don't see each other often and I had my glasses and just chopped my hair short so I'll let it slide.  He has a baritone voice and tried to rap along to the music.  Don't.  Just don't.  Anyone over 60 should just not try and sing hip hop.

We also had a new character.  She is a toothpick with a Where's Waldo cap that the teacher even stopped in the middle of a routine and commented on.  It's 50 degrees here.  The cold snap is over.  Not sure why she thought she was in the mountains at a ski lodge.

Anyway, interesting times are back again.  Have a great Thursday all!

Respected Contributor

@Laura14, so today was the Bold and the Rude-iful?

I am subbing Zumba today.  I snuck a couple of La Blast songs in for practice.  We have a lot of new people in Zumba right now.  We'll see if they stay past the end of January.

I'm also auditioning tonight for the local rec center.  I hope I have good people in my class who like to learn new things.

For those keeping track of the 'cheating' saga, I have not yet heard from the students.  Although I did let them know yesterday that I found the paper that they copied online.

I noticed King Soopers (Kroger) has buy one get one free chuck roasts on sale.  This is the cut you use for Mississippi Pot roast, which is the best pot roast I've ever had.  Super easy, one package au jus gravy mix, one package ranch dressing mix, 4 tablespoons butter (use unsalted if you can--its a half stick), 4 peperocini peppers (banana peppers).  The recipe says not to add liquid, but at high altitude, you have to add a little water.  If you are low altitude (like at my mom's house in Phoenix), you really don't need to add any.  Put meat in crock pot, sprinkle the mixes over it, throw the butter and peppers in and cook until done.  We had it on Kluski noodles at my mom's, but you can put it on potatos or make sandwiches out of it.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  So @DrKelli, did the cheaters have a response to your statement?  I would be so embarrassed if I were them.  Was the test that difficult?

Respected Contributor

No response yet.  I don't think they will respond.  I will be very surprised if they do.  It wasn't a test.  It was a paper and the instructions were 

Research a natural or manmade disaster from your state or region.

Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper explaining the response to the disaster.

Describe how the response could have been more effective had different action been taken

There have been so many hurricanes, tornados, winter storms in the past 100 years that this should not be difficult.

Respected Contributor

Hey all, it's raining here, and foggy and turning to snow later with winds.  I think the roads will be in very bad shape.  My driveway is like an ice rink because that wasn't treated with salt like the roads.   Good day to stay in.   I've already gotten in 11,000 steps, plank challenge is done (55 seconds) and Jackknife challenge is done, I am keeping up with my commitment to do this and feeling good about it.   I did treadmill, 2 miles, Air climber for 30, and Pilates for 20, arms and abs, and Total gym ab crunches with that attachment.  I'm trying to mix it up more.  Chiropractor said I'm doing too much lower body and give my Periformis ( butt muscles) more of a rest so they don't become more painful.  I will try but I"m not one to stay still for long.  

Dr.Kelli I read your thread and holy cow, the nerve of some people  I couldn't live with myself cheating like that.  You have lots in the works, that's great!!

nomless did you see the HSN TS, the shoe?  Just wanted to mention it.  They look comfortable.  I haven't tried fitflops ( not a sandal though today, it's a workout shoe)

Think I'll make some decaff and watch a little TV.   Just had a egg salad sandwich, it was so good.  Haven't had one in ages.