Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD FOR 2018

@bopper  Happy birthday to the husband!  I did my plank today and I hit my 10,000 steps and all 9 hours yesterday so woohoo!

@nomless  you go girl!  We'll be planking fools by Valentine's Day.  I expect to have a six pack by February.  Smiley LOL

Have a great Friday all!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  We are still having really nice weather here (and I am NOT unhappy about it!)

@Mmsfoxxie--it's actually only a try out at the rec center, but it is probably in front of the Zumba class.  It will be for the La Blast dance fitness rather than Zumba, but if they need a sub for Zumba, obviously I can do that too!

Not too much to add this morning--it was hard to get up out of bed, so I'm still kind of out of it!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, lots of shoveling today and more shoveling.   Got 15,000 steps in and did my planking and jackknifes, we will be rock hard abs come Valentines Day!

One minute here it's clear and the next it's blizzarding.  The East coast is really getting it.  We're cold and windy and snowy but not like they are having. 

Have chicken in my crockpot for dinner.  Hubby is home already as his store is not busy this time of year which is kind of scary when you don't take in any money.

I guess I don't have much more else to add either so have a good night!

Honored Contributor

Hit my 10,000 steps and my 9 of 9 hours movements. Still a slug compared to all of you but I'll take it!  

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Still very cold here but relief is on the way.  On tv, they just showed this poor little 83 year old woman being taken to a hotel after finding her living in an apt with no heat or hot water.  I hope that landlord faces fines or something at least.

No exercise class this morning....have a funeral to go to.  My girlfriend's husband.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, lots of shoveling today and I have over 11,000 steps and it's only 1:30.   The plow filled me in after I had just finished, sigh...............  Did my plank challenge and jackknife challenge too.   Now heading to dads to take care of his driveway and to take down his tree and decorations.  I put them all up so I should be the one to take them down.

The sun is out, it's been a long time, but it's very cold like it is most everywhere so I am not complaining at all.  I actualy wasn't cold out shoveling at all and wind chill was -11!   I must be getting toughter Hahaha or some would call that "stupid"  LOL

foxie that is so sad, I was thinking about the elderly folks with high heating bills or no heat and frozen pipes.   My dad is 90 and his pipes have been frozen, his house is like 70 years old with all old pipes and wiring.  It's kind of concerning, lots of fires when it's cold it seems and windy.

Need to run, have a good day everybody!

Respected Contributor

Foxxie, re: your comment that I don't seem like I'm really into exercising that much.....well, certainly that's true of the past 15 months or so since starting the lib job. But prior to that, I was really consistent at doing good workouts. I started in May 2008, and for many years did cardio and strength dvds like Chalene Extreme, P90X, Paul Katami, etc. I worked out usually 45-60 min 6 days a week. For about 6 months before the lib job, I was doing 90 minute workouts. Then I started working at the lib and found all that working out had little carry over to real world activity. Walking and hauling books for 5 hours a day wore me out, and my workouts fell by the wayside. Now, I want to get back into well-rounded workouts that include both cardio and strength training. I used the lib as an excuse for a few months longer than I should have. It's time to get serious again! ☺

Respected Contributor

@Laura14, I just read a thread about how wonderful Fitflop shoes are. I have not tried them, but they appear to be worth a look.

Honored Contributor

Good morning group.  We're going to have a heat spell here by Thursday.  It's supposed to get into the upper 30s, lol.  Upper teens today with snow later but that's ok.  It's not supposed to be much.

The funeral wasn't sad on the surface.  The family, especially my friend, the wife had a brave smile.  When I first saw her though, I'm the one that broke down....not in front of her but after she walked away.  That smile that she had wasn't what I saw in her eyes.  And she looked so small and I've never thought of her as small.  My husband had to console me.  Hugs are always nice, though.   'There but for the grace of God go I' is what I was thinking, too.

I don't think I'll do any exercising other than making sure I get my steps in.  Have a great Sunday everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie, I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. And hugs for you, too, as you also feel the loss. She has you to help her cope with her grief and adjust to a new way of life.