Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD FOR 2018

Hey everyone, I actually got all my steps in just moving around my very small house.   Babysat my gd today who is only 1 1/2 but had 10,000 in by the time she got here at noon and now I have over 15,000 and hardly stepped outside of the house.  I feel good about it actually.  I used to think I can never get steps in house as my house is so small but I set the oven timer for 30 minutes and just walked back and forth and then another 10 and another 10 and boom!   had 10,000 in.   Did day 2 of plank challenge too and day 1 of Jacknife challenge.   I'll show you the Plank challenge if anyone wants to start it. 

No automatic alt text available.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bopper, thanks for the plank challenge.

I found the jacknife challenge. I fail. I can't even do one! 

Honored Contributor

Well, I didn't get out afterall because it was snowing, even though the temp was hovering around zero.  I figured it would be slippery.

@bopper, I just walked around the house, too, as well as walking in place watching my soaps.  At this moment, I have 16,684 steps.  And I'm now relaxing, propped up in bed.  Ahhhhh!

I'll leave the Plank to you young'uns, lol.

@nomless, I wonder ever happened to Denise Austin.  I'm gonna have to google her.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I think I'll go walk the track at the center today.  I'm not even gonna try to make that 8:15 Zumba class.  

Have a beautiful Thursday everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@bopper  I think I am going to try this with you!  We'll see how many days I get.  Smiley Very Happy

Well, I think Nudie was in my Ride class.  She didn't come to Power.  Must be too cold for her.  It is wicked outside.  The wind whipped when I walked out of the gym and I audibly gasped.  It's about 0 with the wind chill here today which is not Georgia winter weather ever in the 16 years I've been here.  It's freaking cold!!   Laugh I know at those of you who have real winters but it's cold!!

Still walking around in my Irish sweater though.  No gloves or winter coats pulled out yet for the quick dash to the car and back. 

Still kind of light at the gym.  I did have an idiot set up in front of me who decided to leave early and walked into me not once but twice while I'm trying to do the shoulder routine.  Really?

If you have to leave early, do it in between routines and/or wait the 3-4 minutes until I'm done exercising.  I had a lot of words for him this morning none of which I can type.  

Anyway, hope you all are staying warm.  I have to go run to the pharmacy gig and then back to work here.  ARGH!!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Ohhhh emmmmm geeee.  My Zumba class was packed today.  Usually there are 10-12, today we had 20 or so.  I actually like to see more people because that way, they will keep the class.  But it's a whole lot of new.  We'll see how many are there after the free week (or January)

It looks like my 'try out' will be in front of an actual class, which is kind of nice because it is easier to interact with instead of 2 people.  I don't know if I will teach a complete class or just a few songs in the middle.  I'm waiting to hear.

It looks like most of you are freezing, while we in Denver are enjoying very nice weather, which is very unusual this time of year!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  Good Luck!  I know you'll do great!

Respected Contributor

Hey, hey, it's hubbies Birthday.  Just finished his favorite brownie recipe.   Nomless the plank challenge is a good one, I"m doing a Jackknife one too, you do 20 Jackknifes every day for 30 days and there are modifications.  Roselie Brown from the TG has it on her FB page.  

foxxie you got in lots of steps, I had 16, 000 yesterday too, and will have over that today.  Did treadmill, bike and stretched on reformer, then so much shoveling.  I did our mailboxes 3 times as I didn't want the mail carrier or paper carrier driving over the snow and then it packs down and my  neighbors do the same thing, even after I messaged them both I'm the only one doing the boxes, oh well.   I don't mind if the snow is light but once the plow fills it in that's a whole different ball game.  And get this one neighbor has a plow on his truck but they just drive in and drive out of their driveway...

We were going to go to dinner tonight for his BD but I talked him into staying home, the roads are very slick and it's a 30 minute drive to get there and like I told him someone could cross the center line and hit us, it is't just his driving.  

Dr.Kelli that will be cool doing your class in front of more people.   You are having great weather in CO, my son said it's in the 50's today and you most often have sun, that's what I miss, it's clouds here until May!   Tomorow is supposed to be the coldest day yet with highs of 1 and 25 below zero wind chills.

Laura yes do the challenge with me!  I mean with modificiation on your knees if you need too it is doable.  

We're not old  LOL, we're just "seasoned"  Haaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ya'all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Bopper, good thing to stay in while roads are bad. You can do dinner for DH birthday when it's safer to travel.

I'm doing the plank challenge too. Pretty sure I can hold plank for a minute plus, but not 2 minutes.

DrKelli, yay about your Zumba class! It's fun watching you become a trainer!

I took a look at the Fitbit TSV but as always it requires registration on their site, which I won't do. I have too many logins to keep track of now, I won't add more. Not interested in having my personal data in more online places.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Oh, I am so thankful for my warm bed these zero and below days and nights that we've had!  I'm hoping all of the homeless people had shelter, too.

@DrKelli, congratulations on getting your own Zumba class!  I'm sure they will love you.  One of my Zumba instructors has been on vacation and I've missed her.  I get stuck on particular instructors...their routine.  Yep, I'm a stuck in the mud and not crazy about changing instructors cause I know what to expect, lol.

@nomless, I'm surprised you're doing Plank.  Didn't realize you were that into exercising.  I'm truly alone here, lol.  I get down on the floor in my Flexibility class and that's it.

@bopper, I hope your hubby had a nice bd despite not going out.  At least you were able to talk him out of it.  I'm really intimidated by snowand ice.

A hearty hello to everybody that I didn't mention.

Senior cardio and walking this morning.  Enjoy your day.