Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY EXERCISE THREAD FOR 2018

@bopper Wasn't that an outstanding game?!  I was jumping up and down and running down the hallway!

We had a lot of rain here last week.  Nice today ...sunny and supposed to get to around 70.

After being sick off and on since turkey day, I have been doing vegetarian for a week now.....don't miss meat yet.  It was easy last week as my son and husband were out of state.

3.1mi/38.45min on the treadmill

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli  Next!  Sounds like that is not the place for you anyway.  If they can't appreciate your music and routine nor even recognize what Zumba actually is, they are not your peeps.  There are better peeps around the corner.

Got to the gym this morning and it really hasn't been bad.  Shouldn't say that but I think the new gym took a lot of the newbies and some of the regulars who were over the parking situation.

Pound was up first and that was quite crowded.  The young chippy instructor that doesn't recognize 80s music looked about ready to fall over during a few of the songs today.  I really thought she was having a moment.  Either her husband kept her up all night or I personally think anyone who beats the heck out of their body and takes 100 classes a week should have a moment where their body says "STOP!"

Next was Power and Nudie has boyfriend!!  Or a brother or husband or some sort of cavemen that she dragged out of the hills to set up in the front row and show him off.  This man had a black doo rag and a red beard that was a grown out not nicely groomed beard.  It was a long bushy beard halfway to Santa territory.  I don't get it.

Speaking of your body saying enough, I slept so well last night after no days off, two jobs for over a month and a car accident getting to one on Sunday because for the second time in five years a man in a pick up truck doesn't know how to stop at a stop sign.  My little car is hurting, the insurance company is dragging their feet and I'm emotionally drained. 

Hope you all are having a better week!    

Respected Contributor

Hey all, it was snowing so peacefull here this morning, then the sun came out and then it snowed again.  Been doing that all day, sunny one minute and snowing so hard the next.   I did the Air climber and Pilates reformer today, holding plank for 70 seconds again today, and 22 jackknifes for the challenges.    

Lower back is very tight, maybe too much shoveling.  Did that again today too.  Had a hair appt, so did that, and now needs to be shoveled again.  I can tell the daylight is getting longer, at least we have hope.  I notice it on sunnier days.  

Yes MickD what a game that was!!!  Go Vikings!

Laura, I tell ya what an entertaining class you have,, haha  I wish you could have a spa day, sounds like it would do you good!

Making turkey soup, lots of left overs from the big bird I cooked on Sunday.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Awwww, Laura, a car accident? What a bummer. It sounds like no one was hurt, so yay for that.

DrKelli, I agree with others....it sounds like maybe this audition isn't the place for you. I have no doubt there's another place where your skills would be appreciated more.

Hi, Foxxie and Mick and new poster @BExplorer. Glad you've found a groove. I hope you'll post again and let us know how it's going.

Bopper, have you gotten your files and photos moved from old laptop to new Chromebook? On another thread, a poster recommended YouTube which is a great idea. You can watch and see what to do.

I've been doing my Health Rider. Feel it a lot in my tri's and obliques. Ouch, lol.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  @Laura14, glad you're ok from the accident but I know you must have been so nervous afterwards.

Just walking today, folks.  Enjoy your day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Laura14--I'm so sorry to see you were in an accident!  I hope you are okay.  It is such a pain to have to deal with all that!

I am in New Mexico right now.  They are colder here than in Denver.

I noticed on the rec center website, there is a new Zumba instructor, so they must have hired him instead of me.  Maybe this is God's way of telling me that I don't need one more thing to do.

I finished up my class of 21 people.  3 did not turn in their final assignment.  One of the plagiarizers 'fessed up, so we'll see what happens.  The other ended up with a D-.  I hope they change his grade to an F.

No workout today except lugging a back pack through the airport, which is good enough exercise for me.

Tomorrow I get back to normal though.

I hope you all have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Just got done shoveling my driveway which I hardly ever get to type in Georgia.  The gym is closed and I seem to have a black cloud all over me lately so I am hiding inside and working from home today.  I hope you all are having a better day.  

@DrKelli  You don't need people who don't need you.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Just walked to work which is about 2 miles and I am about to walk back.  Hit 10,000 and currently over 11,000 with a two mile walk to go. 

Watched another accident happen on the way so I'll have company at the repair shop if and when the insurance people ever authorize mine under the second idiot male that doesn't understand a stop sign.  

Warning:  Stay away from me.  Don't read my posts.  I am bad luck!   I am seriously going to go google how to get rid of bad karma now.  Salt is supposed to be cleansing right?  I think I am going to walk home and make a nice salt bath.  It's a start plus it soothes sore muscles.   

Respected Contributor

Sage--that's what is clearing, @Laura14.  Google smudging and you'll have your answer.

The weather is decent here, but we're supposed to get 6 inches of snow on Sunday.  I hope it comes early so I can shovel and get out on Monday. Of course, after last Monday (this week), I may just work from home.

So, now for the dog sitter saga.  I swore I wouldn't use this broad again, but the one I like was booked, so I figured it was just for one night.  She got laid off on Monday, so she isn't working.  I have a Canary camera in my house that I got when my older dog was having such issues.  On Tuesday night, there was no activity except the dogs.  At 7, she still hadn't gotten there, 7:15, still no dog sitter.  I finally texted her around 7:30 and told her my neighbors texted me and said the dogs had been barking, was she there and what was the problem?  She didn't walk in my house until after 8 and by that time, I was furious and 500 miles away.  She didn't respond to the text until 8:15 and then she said, oh, I had to run back to my house, but I wasn't gone very long.  Which was a bald faced lie because I KNEW she wasn't anywhere near my house until 8.  I am looking for a new back up dog sittter.

I heard from the rec center--it was as I suspected, they think La Blast isn't "high intensity" (how do you tell from 4 songs?), but I'm okay with that.  I did get contacted about teaching an 8 week Zumba class, but it is at noon and I'm not available.  The rec center did say that they want me to contact them after I get my water La Blast certification because they have a slot for that in the evening.

Today is Zumba and it is a good thing because I haven't really worked out for several days.  I did order the 21 day yoga program from Beachbody (actually went through Amazon) so I can add that at night.  In the comfort of my own home.

Hope you are all having a good day!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Double post removed