Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JANUARY 2022 EXERCISE THREAD

WOW! Today's core yoga practice was tough.  At least I tried.

Hope everyone is having a good evening.

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday. Yoga in for the day. This was a fairly decent stretch routine. @JudyL I modified like crazy yesterday. That core routine was no joke. If you got through, that's a win. 

Your laugh for the day: Yesterday after a really long week, I let one of my young coworkers put himself back on the menu. I had removed his joke earlier in the week when I saw him as an entree. Not an appetizer, not a side, not dessert but the main dish.  😂 Don't know why I thought it was hysterical but I think the kid is funny and it's been a long week training on a new computer system with literally no direction. I let him and the rest of the staff have their joke while I turned my back and saw nothing. For the weekend the staff can ring him up for free. Winky face included. 😂😉

I am off to Walmart to do some self care shopping. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday!   I almost took today off but then hopped in the saddle and rode for 55 minutes to Kaleigh.  She's a stitch and she's so good at direction.  I still can't keep up but I"m fairly new and hoping to increase my endurance and that in turn will increase my speed.

Not much else today.  Arctic cold tonight and tomorrow.

Football here right now and have spaghetti going.  I know higher carb but oh well.

Enjoy the night everyone!

Honored Contributor

Today's yoga is done.  Hope you all had a good Saturday

@Laura14 - did you find anything good at Walmart?

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  I spent two hours shopping and along the way grabbed one of those mini griddles. I was going for the mini waffle maker but came across the griddle instead and it makes more things. Excited to try it. I know but it's the little things in life literally. 😂 I now have four bags of paleo pancake mix. 

I did the most damage on Amazon. I ordered a hair dryer which I never use because of my curls but this one supposedly straightens so I figured if it worked I would see how I look with straighter hair. Throw in some books and a few new color bands for my tracker along with a video library from Dr. Amen on mental health and Wednesday is my Christmas. 

As for exercise, I have done nothing yet. I have been up since 1:30am so I have no idea what I'm doing today. I really hate I can't skip around the calendar like I am used to on days like today. Not sure I'm in the frame of mind for 32 minutes of rest. I read a book. I had tea. I may be incredibly lazy. Here's hoping. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.

I think I'm developing a short fuse from the frustration of the last two years.  Yesterday, I got into a disagreement with a poster....not that I'm the first that she's rubbed the wrong way.  To my defense, SHE came at me.....but it was not worth me taking her bait.  She baits people and puts a smiley 😊 next to it.  Then, this morning my niece shared on fb how she just got over Covid and then mentioned her mother, my sister got through a near death bout with Covid.  Near death but with a husband with blood cancer and they were allowed to stay home and got over it with no extra help?  Well, I had to say something.  That was the first I heard they were near death.  To my eyes and I'm probably wrong, they are insinuating that vaccination is not necessary.  That's the message that's kept this thing going.  I might apologize later since I love them, lol.  First thing in the morning, my emotions are raw.  Pray for me emotionally getting through this mess.  I've got dress clothes and nice handbags (I love purses) that I have no place to wear them.  And I miss my hugs from people.

I meant to come on here yesterday to mention that Total Gym was the Special Value.  Totally new look!  We have an old one so we don't need one.  Besides neither of us is physically able to maneuver our bodies down to it, lol.  It's a great machine, though.  I think it was $799.

Have a great Sunday.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie I am so sorry. ❤️ You are one of the kindest, sweetest class act ladies I've had the pleasure of meeting. Obviously this week got to me too. Do something just for you. It really does help.

Yesterday I went shopping and bought some organizers because my bathroom and kitchen were making me nuts. Took some stress away to clear the clutter. I washed and redressed my bed too. Little inexpensive changes to make myself more comfortable.

Forget strangers and family who choose to be provocative. I had my own conversation about topics my mother knows not to speak to me about yesterday. It's one thing to disagree. It's another to start being ugly. Remove yourself and deny others the privilege of your wonderful company. You'll find your peace again. ❤️
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie - I agree with @Laura14   be good and kind to yourself today.  So sorry that you went through all of that but glad you felt comfortable enough to come here and talk about it.

@Laura14 - I slept like cr*p last night also so energy level today is low.  Not sure I'll do anything either or maybe I'll attempt it but only do part of it just to keep the momentum going.  I did some damage myself yesterday on the Q - bought the upcoming Laura Geller TSV - and put in an order on ULTA.  Ordered 3 items from Amazon at the same time but all 3 are being delivered separately - received one and the other two today and tomorrow. 

Hope everyone has a good day.  Laundry awaits me.....

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Thank you for taking a mental health day with me. I checked my tracker and I put some music on at 3:30am after I couldn't sleep and busted some moves. I hit a heart rate of 131 and got 25 points today just from regular moving around so I'm more than good. It also yelled at me for my sleep score and Amazon noted that something must have been off last night. 😂 

I thought about the LG TSV because I use her stuff every day but I really have no need to restock now. I make no promises if she comes back around Mother's Day though. 

Forgot about my ultimate self care Walmart purchase: my purple dog/bunny slippers. The ears are kind of in between but whatever animal it is I love it. 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday all! I can't believe my weekend is over. 😔

EDEAE28C-46B1-4AEE-8070-B10BE8D033C3.jpeg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Sunday!

I am really sorry so many of you are struggling on the edge here.   But I get it.  I think our tempers are very thin right now and if anyone crosses us ti's time to come forth and tell them why you are angry.  Don't let things fester.  

@Mmsfoxxie  I don't blame you one bit for being upset.  Like I have said before families can suck.  Yes you love them but really!

@Laura14 sorry you are not sleeping.  It's hard to carry on during the day on little rest but it sounds like you got some things accomplished with organizing.  I need to do that I don't know why I just don't start.  It's 9 degrees here so that's a big BOO!!!  I love the slippers!

No workout today,  my rest day and tomorrow it all starts again.  Our University is now going virtual again because Covid is so bad.  Then someone posted about a double varient Omicron/Delta combo virus...I'm not paying any mind because stuff like that can put me in the dark place...I'm already a germaphobe.

Lets pray we all have a better week ahead.  I'm glad you feel safe here to come and just talk to each other.  I feel I have nobody to really talk too other than my husband.