Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY THREAD

Hey everyone, well it snowed several inches again last night.

Today I did lots on the reformer, and then Yoga Weight Loss called Lengthen and Strengthen.  I'm pretty pooped right now, I think I Over did it.

@Laura14  I have tried to like tea and I just don't, and can't use Stevia as it bugs my stomach.  But thank you.

@MickD I hope you feel better, m stomach had the flu the beginning of January, it took a few days to feel almost normal, so I hope this passes quickly for you.

@JudyL  are you doing okay?  

@Tonysmoke did you see the end of the race!   i felt sick, I was so afraid of the outcome but he doesn't have any life threatening injuries they said.

@DrKelli Isn't February and March your snowy times?   This winter has been so brutal, and so snowy.  I shouldn't complain though about the temps as it's been an above normal for the most part.

@Mmsfoxxie did you do Senior class today?

It's hard not to have the blas, when it's couldy and so much snow, but we have had several sunny days, so I need to remember that too.

Hope ya'all have a good night!

Respected Contributor

@bopper March and April are our snowiest months.  I think February is #4 on the list.  The thing about March and April is that the daytime temps are usually warmer and the snow is wetter, so it melts faster.  This time of year--it freezes and there is a lot of ice around.

Honored Contributor

@bopper  - I'm doing a bit better.  My left knee was causing me extreme pain so much so that I could barely walk home at the end of the work day and definitely couldn't do any workouts.  I didn't do anything to it, such as twist it or trip or fall, woke up on Super Bowl Sunday and it was hurting.  When the weather was cold, it was brutal.  I figure its arthritis but I've never had a flare up like this.  The weather has slowly started getting warmer the last few days and voila!  my knee feels better.  I did find a knee sensitive yoga by Adriene and did that Saturday and my knee tolerated it ok.  

Truly don't know what started it but I'm glad its getting better and I can get back to doing at least light workouts for a while.  

My dad said "getting older isn't for sissies" he sure was right about that!  LOL

Honored Contributor

Forgot to add - @Laura14 please send some of your rain to California.  We are dry as a bone and no rain in sight.  We need it badly.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL I would love to.  I just about jet skied home in my Fiat with this deluge.  I think we are in it until Friday and then raining again next week. I am about to strap a foam cube to my back just in case.   Stroke!  Stroke!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aw, @JudyL, you, too?  Got news for you.  If you have arthritis, you don't have to do anything to get a flare up.  It just comes visiting whenever it feels like it.  But I do think I slept wrong last night...my knee must have slipped off the little pillow I use.  Sounds like you're in worse shape than me.  Hope you're better soon.  And your dad is right...getting older isn't for sissies.  After about 70, things can get a little rough.

So since @Laura14 said that putting my foot in my exercise center counts, I'm claiming a productive day, lol. 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Yoga for self respect done.  How timely that is.  Had it out with my coworkers yesterday so they are doing without me today and tomorrow.  I'm about to be unemployed anyway.

Hobby Lobby has yarn on sale so I may go grab a skein to make some kitchen scrubbies.  If I'm about to be completely poor, better start living like it.

Target also has my keto chocolate chip pancakes and my Siete chips so I'll Pick up some good food too.

Hope everyone is feeling better today.  ❤️

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  Well, I had planned to do yoga today, but my boss wants me to sit on a meeting at 9.  If it ends by 9:30, I'll be able to go, if not, I won't.  I haven't been for a long time because people KEEP SCHEDULING MEETINGS THEN!!!

I went to Contemporary dance last night--I am bad at it.  I was a beat behind everyone (mainly because I missed 2 weeks due to snow and then travel).  It's like yoga--the first half hour is stretching and it's a real comeuppance because I am so inflexible.  I don't know if I will be dancing with the group at the showcase--it's obvious I am the worst.

Tonight is my private lesson, so I'll get some calorie burn there.

Hope you are all feeling better!  

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  - do you find that exercising helps your arthritis?  I know the adage of "keep moving" but during this last flare up or whatever it was, I couldn't have done anything so keeping moving was not an option.  I had to go to work but that was about all I could do.   Just wondering if "juicing the joints" really helps the arthritis or can it make it worse?

Didn't work out today cuz, well, I'm afraid to push things and since I did yesterday, figured today I wouldn't.  I may try and do the knee sensitive yoga tonight when I get home depending on how I feel as at least thats something to do that doesn't hurt my knees.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday

Respected Contributor

@JudyL exercise absolutely helps arthritis.  I have it in most of my major joints and exercise is the only thing that keeps me from complete misery.  :There are things I can't do--a lot of high impact for example. But walking is one of the best exercises you can do.  My dad was a firm believer in walking every day.  After he broke his hip--he could only go around the block a couple of times (in addition to playing golf), but he still did it.  I also take glucosamine with MSM.  A lot of people have good luck with turmeric (I don't--I tried it for alopecia and it didn't help at all).