Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY THREAD

@DrKelli Sit back and watch the soap opera unfold....eegads!

Well my weird bro-in-law from AZ is driving in tomorrow as he has a conference in San Diego on Thursday.  Drama?  His wife is not allowed in my house as every time she visited she criticized and was negative....I had had enough.  He has the social graces of a gnat, so we'll see how this short visit goes.

Anyway, cleaning all day was my workout.  Cold and windy so no run.....maybe tomorrow.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I have family returning to my home aka hotel on Thursday.  We all need to do a shot together after our family drama dies down.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, indeed, lol.  A nice Riesling for me, please.  Chilled.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Morning, Well kids, count me in too!   I will also have a Riesling also!  

Drama in my family too, so sick of it all and so childish.

Any way today is 10 degrees, but sunny.  I need to head to dads to clean ( to be honest I hate these days) It's so hot in his house I can't stand it, and it's just hard because he wants to follow me around, I love him dearly but I could do it better doing it alone.  Hope i don't sound bad but it's true, and my sisters and I argue about dads care all the time, and sometimes they won't even speak to me....  it is what it is.

Is anyone watching Biggest Loser on the USA network?   I am, I enjoy watching it and the new trainers.

My Reeboks came, and to my surprise they are very comfortable, I think I could have sized down though but I'm keeping both pairs.

Not much more on my agenda for the day, I hope everyone can have a good day today!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@bopper I have been watching the new Biggest Loser too.  They say that they have made some changes to the programs because the majority of the previous contestants have gained most of their weight back, if not more.  I noticed that the early weigh ins don't have the huge losses that some of the previous seasons have seen.  The box jumping segment was cute--box jumps are hard and very intimidating.  Even for a tall girl like me--it took me several years before I would even attempt one.  I am pretty comfortable with the 18 inch box, but one day, the trainer dragged out the 24" box and told me to do step ups.  I had been working at trying to get high enough to do a box jump on the 2 foot box, but could never really get my nerve up.  So that day, on the first round of step ups, I looked him square in the eye and jumped. And made it.  I don't know who was more surprised--him or me.  LOL

Yesterday, I did the first day of the second week of 21 day Yoga retreat.  I didn't think it was as hard as the week 1 segments.  Maybe I'm just getting better.  Today is yoga, but I have a department lunch, so I may not go because it would be hard for me to get back in time.  Plus, tonight is my first private dance lesson to start preparing for the showcase.  I didn't get to Contemporary class last night because I was pretty sure the roads would be sketchy at best.  Today, they were actually pretty good, but we are expecting another storm on Friday with 2-5 inches.  Good thing it is a work from home day.

Hope you all have a great day--and @Laura14 , I'm in for the drink!

Honored Contributor

Wind down yoga done.  Not looking forward to the invasion tomorrow.  Started some drama of my own today.  Really angry these days so I hope the yoga rubbed off.  Smiley LOL  Have a great night!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  

I had to drive home in heavy snow yesterday......ugh, talk about nervous.  Made home safely, though.  It's still coming down this morning but lightly.  I'm not feeling like shoveling.  I think my area got about two inches.  Surburb a few miles away got four inches.  

So, you already know, lol...I'm home bound today.  Working out from home.

Have a great day, peeps.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all!  I think our Tuesday storm is moving towards some of you.  And we're expecting another one tonight into tomorrow.  It's only February 6 and I'm sick of snow.  The mountains are supposed to get up to 3 feet by Saturday. We're only supposed to get a couple of inches.  Still too much for me.

Last night I had my first dance session (for jive) and I met my partner for the waltz.  I had fun and my instructor, James, just started dancing the jive with me--I managed to keep up with him and he told me that he just wanted to see what I could do.  He spent a lot of time on technique things, which I appreciated and he will be choreographing the dance so that we can start the actual choreography the week of the 17th since I will be out of town next week.  I told him my idea about the jean pedal pushers, white shirt and keds and he loved it!  Then he came up with a 'diner' set with the swivel bar stools, where we would start the dance.  I cannot wait!!  I like the other partner too--I told him what song I wanted and he loved the song.  I will do 3 sessions with jive and then 3 sessions with waltz (to learn the basic choreography) and then the rest will be practice and refining.

Today is just my usual weight training.  I haven't been to the gym all week, so this may be painful.

Hope you all have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Already been through one tornado warning and got sent home for the day by my GM.  Nasty here with the thunder storms and wind.  We didn't think our second floor roof would hold since it is already leaky so we all went bye bye instead of re-enacting Dorothy and Toto.  

Did my yoga today which fair warning: OW!  

Company on their way so I am not responsible for my behavior later today or throughout their visit.  

Hope everyone has a better weather day!

Respected Contributor

Hey ya all, I did an hour long reformer workout from YouTube and then went to Walmart for groceries, back home jiggety jig and just washed bedding, and tidied up here.  I just did another Adriene yoga, only 17 minutes long for abs, and I can't do the Boats, they absolutely kill my hip flexors, those bug me on most things though.  

@DrKelli  I think your right about the BL show, the contestents did gain all their weight back, what a shame!   I enjoy the show though.   Nice thing about where you live you can have 70 one day and snow the next day and then that melts in a couple days and you are comfortable again, try living here, banks are so high we can't even see to pull into the intersections.  

@Laura14  sorry for the family drama, and stick to your guns, if she is a negative and crabby person I wouldn't let her in my house either, always picking apart something.

@Mmsfoxxie  glad you made it in the snow, I'm not a fan of driving in snow at all and I live in it for many months, sunny today but tonight probably around 0.

@MickD Did you run a trail today?   I tried to snowshow to mine and it's terrible because its all uneven and it killed my lower back so I turned around to go back home.  I'll need hip waders come this Spring to get back there, and I"m not kidding, wonder how long we will have water back there, mosquitos galore I bet too.  If it's not one thing its another!

Almost 4:30 already, tomorrow I am babysitting in the morning so won't be able to workout, will do the yoga in the afternoon.

Take care everyone!