Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY THREAD

Hey hey Sunday in the Hood, what's shakin kids?

I did a new Yoga just to test the waters, by Seane Corn, Yoga Detox and I enjoyed it, the flow was nice, some say she has weird stuff but this one was good.  I was very sore from the TRX yesterday, Quads are still sore and butt and upper back but the yoga was good, and then I walked 2 miles.

It's sunny and 46 here and I sat outside for like 2 hours in my lawn chair on my deck, no jacket required and it was glorious.  You miss it when you can't do it for months on end.

I hope everyones injuries are getting better, you're not alone, that's for darn sure!

Peace Out!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, group!  Oh, boy!  

A sloppy, messy, snowy week has been forecast.  Six to 8 inches, depending on your part of town, starting Tuesday and ending Wednesday evening.  That makes my Thursday morning dental appointment questionable....for the second time.  My previous appointment had to be cancelled for the same reason.

Well, I'm going to make the most of today by doing a great workout!  Then, hopefully, I can get out Tuesday morning before the white stuff starts accumulating.  Plan, plan, plan, lol.   I expect be housebound for at least two days.  Oh, I need to get milk at the store......

This morning I'll be doing Senior Cardio and my Strength & Motion classes.  I hope everyone has a great day.  Be safe.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  We didn't have much snow yesterday (Yay!).  And yesterday afternoon, I tried to get rid of the ice flow in front of my driveway.  The ice was 2-3 inches thick and it weighed a lot!  I threw most of it out in the middle of the street to melt. There is still a bit of one, I may try to get rid of that tonight.  We're expecting snow tomorrow, but they said it wouldn't be much.  I'm so sick of winter.

I went to LaBlast on Saturday and had fun.  This week, I practice my other dance for the showcase. I was warned to write down the choreography because Ashton forgets it.  LOL!

No workout today because it is the high impact class and I still don't feel like my b**b will like that much jumping around  hahahahaha!

Hope you all have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Good Monday morning!  Oh how I wish we would get some moisture, any moisture, I'd take snow moisture, ice that would melt moisture.  LOL.  Anything.  We are so dry.  No rain for almost a month.  Which means no snow in the mountains which means water shortages again.  Ugh.  Supposed to be sunny, record high temps for this time of year expected for the week too.  

This morning I did the beginner's yoga from Adrienne all the way through!  YEA!  Was careful with the knees but I made it!  YEA!  Feel now I can start doing some of her other videos.

Take care!

Honored Contributor

Happy Tuesday everyone!

@JudyL We got some rain last week and the local mountains did get snow.  It has been a dry Feb.

Sore foot today and for the last couple days.....did not feel like going on the trail, but I thought - what the heck, it's a beautiful 68 degree sunny day.  Just do what you can do.....

Molly and I ran 3.69mi/43min.....glad I went!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey all, well we're in the 20's and driveway is pure ice on top of snow as is my path around the backyard I blow for Logan, almost broke my neck going across the street to get the mail.  It has been a sunny February I do have to say that, but we are back to winter now and another system coming in tonight.   At least the roof has melted some off.

I did 30 minutes on the CycloTrainer on the TG, about 40 with the TRX and did Adriene's yoga for stretching which is about another 40 minutes, I don't feel as stretched out as I should feel though because I 'm so tight everywhere, takes time I guess.

I think we are all just sick of winter mode, except you @MickD  68 degrees, I"ll take it.  However I did kill a wasp in the house, now where did that come from pray tell!!!

And when I was on my back doing the Yoga, of course I spy a small spider on my ceiling, well ya'all know I couldn't continue!!!   Stop the video, go get the vacuum and suck it up, so let alone I lost my "peace" and felt irritated throughout the entire practice Haha....

Then the mail lady delivered the package I have been waiting for from the Q, that came from a slow boat from " oh wait, not China",,, slow boat from the Arctic, and almost fell in my driveway going out to get it from her, then Logan is having a fit because she is in our driveway, then the wasp was buzzing around, then 2 phone calls in a row, and nobody ever calls me,,, yeah I'm a fun gal Hahaha.....any who.........  Are We Having Fun Yet LOL

Later kids!

Honored Contributor

Oh, my brain, where are you, lol.  I forgot to post this morning.  It was on my mind to do...and then it wasn't.  

I think I was debating with myself so much as to whether to go workout, posting left my mind.  There was light snow coming down but melting since the temp was in the thirties.  I decided that there couldn't be that big of a change in two hours so I went and had a good Body & Sculpt workout.  He had us sliding around with towels under our feet and if ⛷ skiing along with weights.  My knee wasn't crazy about the sliding/zigzagging but it wasn't too bad.  This is my most versatile instructor.

The snow is getting heavier as the afternoon progresses.  The forecast has been downgraded from 6 to 8 inches to 2 to 4 inches, not stopping til tomorrow afternoon.  No volunteering tomorrow for me.

@bopper, I might not have stopped my workout for a spider because it probably would have stayed in that same spot until I got to it but a centipede....that is another story. I wouldn't have rested til I got that thing, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Looks like we dodged part of the weather bullet yesterday.  The snow was light and slushy during the day and but  heavier last night, still not extreme, though as forecasted.  No 6 to 8 inches.  About two for my area.  Still snowing....

I'm not going out so I might just do a rest day.  I did enough Monday and Tuesday to not feel any guilt.  Tomorrow is my dental hygienist visit.  Whoopie.

Have a good day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Hi all,  I missed my workout yesterday and was having one of "those" days, so I didn't go to Contemporary dance last night.  I had a good reason for missing though, I was online in the 'waiting room' trying to buy Hamilton tickets. LOL! And I was successful .

Today is yoga and I am starting to work on the second dance for the showcase.  The instructor called me and said 'Have you seen the video? It's about his dead wife!"  I told him NO ONE WILL DIE IN OUR DANCE.

Our weather is just frigid. I"m so sick of it and I'm sick of snow and we are moving into our snowiest month!  I can't wait to go on vacation.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Oh, I envy you, @DrKelli.  I'd love to see Hamilton again!  Alas, it will not be 😭 unless it's on video which isn't the same.  There's something about seeing a live performance, even if you're in the balcony.  I might have been in the second balcony.